Bills do not need experienced players, prefer to roll the dice on Rook

yea my bad on that my computer was being slow and i got a little click happy Rockinon

this is why i wish nix woulda called it quits and whaley stepped in this year. seems like a hungry to win do what it takes and spend money young type of guy. then again i just try to stay optimistic and hope something big is in the works. somethings gotta happen, theres to many wholes to fill.

Yeah I have been posting this very same thing in the shout box. I am not one of those people who freak out if we don't pursue every top FA or don't sign someone the first day either. But this year, we have serious holes at key positions of QB WR TE LB OG and S with only 6 draft picks this year. There are a lot of value FAs out there signing for very reasonable deals and we just don't seem to even be trying to schedule visits. We have the cap room too. It's like they want to wait and pick from what's leftover rather than actually pursue some guys.

We need a G, so why aren't we bringing in someone like Moore?

We need a WR, so why didn't we explore Welker, Amendola, Alexander, or Gibson?

We need a QB, they all suck, so I get no activity here.

We need LB's, they singed Lawson (which was great) but that's not enough. Why not bring in some vets like Dansby?

We need a TE, Keller just signed for a measly 1 year deal...why didn't we explore him or a Fred Davis?

We need a S, and there are some solid value guys still left yet no reported movement.

We need to fill a lot of spots right now, and of they grab some solid guys before they are gone this team could still be competitive next year. But if we just plan on picking through the scraps and then depend on 4th round picks and later or even UDFA rookies to fill the rest out then we are in for a long rebuilding year.

Edited by Alphadawg7

That when you freak out because things are moving too slow and ignore common sense you look foolish publicly? Both his content and execution? Just me?

Am I to infer you think the guy is ignoring common sense by bashing the Bills' inactivity? Should he expect the Bills and Buddy Nix to do things right? If so, why? The organization as a whole has almost exclusively failed at everything since 2000, evidenced by its playoff drought and one season better than .500; meanwhile Nix has done an utterly horrible job in his GM tenure, evidenced by both the 16-32 record and the copious amounts of needs on the roster after his three years.

Right now the Bills have cap room and, as mentioned, many problem areas to fill. Nevertheless, all they've done this offseason to address any of those problems is add a mediocre linebacker who wouldn't start for the vast majority of NFL teams. That's not good enough.

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

What we need is the season to begin. At that point we can make observations based on fact, and not conjecture....or frustration.

I'm just not ready to walk out in the front yard.....AND DIE.

Not yet anyway !! LOL !!

outside of the super mario courtship the bills have done exactly the same thing for the last three seasons. and outside of last season the fans have done exactly the same thing - freak out prematurely

this team has clearly establshed itself as a late free agency mover. theyve even explained it point blank, that early free agency is usually a poor value compared to late free agency. their strategy has borne fruit every season as well, with good players routinely added to a roster that was as bare as its ever been here when they started

so even though there is plenty of reason to know exactly what is going on, plenty of rationale that there indeed will be free agents added to the roster, and plenty of reasons to be confident they will find some good players to fill existing holes, it still looks like a good idea to freak out and bemaon the fact that nobody wants to come here and we are doomed. and russ is cheap

Must make for a interesting call. "Hi, this is Buddy Nix. We have no one to throw to you and no one to block for you but dadgummit, we'd sure like you to come play for us."

Seriously, I know Levitre is a good player but where did the premise come from that our line will magically fall apart without him? Like Glenn, Wood and Urbik will all of a sudden not be good players anymore?

The receivers thing is an issue and probably is what legitimately what's going on. It'll be tough to fill those offensive skill positions with a QB.

Thye Doplphins have gone out and really improved the,m selves and we do noithing. Nix fiddles while Buffalo burns!!!!

Same story for the last 3 years for the Dolphins (except last year when we spent too). At the end of the season they're always right with us in the standings though. The Bills have their issues but I am honest to God sick of hearing about Miami and how much they spent.

There is a plan in place. They are waiting for all the reactionary dims to panic and jump off a bridge. Then when they're gone and the rest of us can have actual conversations that don't revolve around ranting because someone had a bad day and the Bills are an easy target to vent their frustration, they will make some moves.

So, the quicker you jump, the quicker the Bills sign free agents. Do your part to help the Bills get back to the playoffs. Ask not what the Bills can do for you, ask what you can do for the Bills (which is jumping off a bridge in case you missed it).

yeah its not like this team has been full of starters who were free agents, practice squad players, or undrafted free agents

oh wait

yeah it's not like this team has gone 16-32 under Nix and still has massive holes at QB, LG, WR 2-3, TE, LB x2, CB or SS despite all of his "fine" work

oh wait

outside of the super mario courtship the bills have done exactly the same thing for the last three seasons. and outside of last season the fans have done exactly the same thing - freak out prematurely

this team has clearly establshed itself as a late free agency mover. theyve even explained it point blank, that early free agency is usually a poor value compared to late free agency. their strategy has borne fruit every season as well, with good players routinely added to a roster that was as bare as its ever been here when they started

so even though there is plenty of reason to know exactly what is going on, plenty of rationale that there indeed will be free agents added to the roster, and plenty of reasons to be confident they will find some good players to fill existing holes, it still looks like a good idea to freak out and bemaon the fact that nobody wants to come here and we are doomed. and russ is cheap

I think we've been spoiled over the last few years too. We used to never be that active, but then we started signing guys at midnight and wining and dining star players at Applebees.

A lot of teams--like the Steelers--just sit back and make 1 or 2 moves in FA.

Thye Doplphins have gone out and really improved the,m selves and we do noithing. Nix fiddles while Buffalo burns!!!!

Lost bush, gained Wallace

Lost 2 linebackers, signed 2 linebackers that are younger, less proven and statistically possibly not as good

Lost long possibly

Gave raises to hartline and Moore (same players, less value now)

How much better off are they, besides destroying next years cap when the free agents go from a collective 15m hit this year to 45m hit (roughly)

There's a lesson to be taken away from both the content of the thread, and this post.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, why haven't the BIlls fixed QB, WR2, TE, SS, LB, CB by day four of free agency? Dude, I could totally fill those holes with ease on my fantasy team.

yeah it's not like this team has gone 16-32 under Nix and still has massive holes at QB, LG, WR 2-3, TE, LB x2, CB or SS despite all of his "fine" work

oh wait

Exactly. Dumpster dive for a couple free agents in a few weeks then they will probably reach for a QB at #8 and that guy will be a bust in three years so they won't draft a QB next year where there are potential franchise QB's available so that's two more wasted first rounders and they will be in the same spot in 2016 after 3 more losing seasons. That's what they do and have been doing for 13 years. 13!!!!! No winning record. Not once. No playoffs. None at all. All time record. No worries though, Buddy is on it.