Random Acts of Kindness

Gugny

Saw a story of a local random act of kindness in the paper this morning. A couple received an envelope ... addressed to them, with their names horribly misspelled, with a $100 gift certificate to their favorite restauarant.

I find that to be scary ... but maybe I've seen too many "Criminal Minds" episodes.

Anyone else find that creepy?

Any personal stories of being on the receiving end of a random act of kindness? (telling about random acts of kindness that you've done takes away from the meaning, IMO)

Saw a story of a local random act of kindness in the paper this morning. A couple received an envelope ... addressed to them, with their names horribly misspelled, with a $100 gift certificate to their favorite restauarant.

I find that to be scary ... but maybe I've seen too many "Criminal Minds" episodes.

Anyone else find that creepy?

Any personal stories of being on the receiving end of a random act of kindness? (telling about random acts of kindness that you've done takes away from the meaning, IMO)

Stay off my porch you !@#$ing loon.

Yeah, that's creepy. If it's random, how did the person know that's their favorite restaurant...?

Exactly!! And if it was just friends trying to do something nice, but anonymously, they wouldn't have incorrectly spelled their name. This has whacko written all over it. I wonder if it came from Ohio.

Exactly!! And if it was just friends trying to do something nice, but anonymously, they wouldn't have incorrectly spelled their name. This has whacko written all over it. I wonder if it came from Ohio.

you overestimate people.

Does buying a drink for a gorgeous woman count as a random act of kindness? or does the fact that I was staring at her chest before placing the order discount the kindness attributable to that act?

Hell, I consider staring at women's breasts to be a random act of kindness in and of itself.

Does buying a drink for a gorgeous woman count as a random act of kindness?....

No.....her going home with you however does count as a random act of kindness. :P

Like the toll collector dude won't just keep the money. :wallbash:

Actually they may not. Couple weeks ago I was grabbing breakfast going through drive through at McDonald's. got to window to pay and they said person in front of us paid. Have a great day. Didn't recognize the car or person.

Actually they may not. Couple weeks ago I was grabbing breakfast going through drive through at McDonald's. got to window to pay and they said person in front of us paid. Have a great day. Didn't recognize the car or person.

So did you be nice and pay for the vehicle behind you, or think "ha ha suckers" and take off with your free food?

Back to the original post, maybe it's a thief waiting for them to go to dinner, then is going to break in and rob the place.

So did you be nice and pay for the vehicle behind you, or think "ha ha suckers" and take off with your free food?

Back to the original post, maybe it's a thief waiting for them to go to dinner, then is going to break in and rob the place.

Seriously, Jack!! I wasn't even thinking the robbery angle. I was going more along the lines of stalking. But I like your theory.

Hell, I consider staring at women's breasts to be a random act of kindness in and of itself.

You are wont to confuse kindness with lewdness. Like the time you pressed your genitals to the window outside of Curves because you wanted to "do something nice for the fatties."

You are wont to confuse kindness with lewdness. Like the time you pressed your genitals to the window outside of Curves because you wanted to "do something nice for the fatties."

Tom is always thinking of others like that...that's what makes him so "special"

Was in Rochester X-mas eve with the kids, stopped to grab some Mcdonalds, and the car in front of us had paid for ours. No way I knew them.

Pay the toll for the car behind you. Karma- pay it forward

My wife does this from time to time

Run bicyclists off the road, so the cars behind you don't have to deal with them.

I never thought of it from that perspective. I won't feel so badly next time I do it.

Tom is always thinking of others like that...that's what makes him so "special"

Like when I tell Pete he's an idiot. Because, if I didn't, how would he know? And if he doesn't know, how can he improve himself?

Kindness is behind everything I do. I am a !@#$ing paragon of !@#$ing kindness.

In '09 I was in the Atlanta airport for a layover and I got some breakfast. In the restaurant, a soldier (SFC Transportation) returning from Iraq was sitting near me. He was heading back to Ft. Stewart. We chatted about Savannah and how Stewart is one of the nicer posts (I did my Officer Basic in Augusta at Ft. Gordon). I finished my breakfast and on the way out I handed the waitress an extra $100 and told her to take care of his bill, $20 for her and to apply the rest to whomever comes through in uniform. She said, "We do this all the time and I'm only taking $5 for me. Have a great day, sir."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like when I tell Pete he's an idiot. Because, if I didn't, how would he know? And if he doesn't know, how can he improve himself?

Kindness is behind everything I do. I am a !@#$ing paragon of !@#$ing kindness.

I prefer to be called an imbecile. "Idiot" is so cliche. I expect more adroit insults form you

At McDs here in CT, you order from the speaker/mic thingy, then drive up to a window to pay, and then drive to a second window to pick up your food. So paying it forward wouldn't work, unless you gave them a twenty, in which case the cashier wound keep the difference.

In '09 I was in the Atlanta airport for a layover and I got some breakfast. In the restaurant, a soldier (SFC Transportation) returning from Iraq was sitting near me. He was heading back to Ft. Stewart. We chatted about Savannah and how Stewart is one of the nicer posts (I did my Officer Basic in Augusta at Ft. Gordon). I finished my breakfast and on the way out I handed the waitress an extra $100 and told her to take care of his bill, $20 for her and to apply the rest to whomever comes through in uniform. She said, "We do this all the time and I'm only taking $5 for me. Have a great day, sir."

:thumbsup: