Victor Cruz

seeing the giants are gonna tag him with a first round tag . would you give up a first round pick to sign him ? i think he is worth the pick seeing we dont know what were gonna get as far as the wr talent in this draft .

seeing the giants are gonna tag him with a first round tag . would you give up a first round pick to sign him ? i think he is worth the pick seeing we dont know what were gonna get as far as the wr talent in this draft .

Give up top 10 pick for a WR that will demand a huge contract, smart.

he will be 27 this november and has back to back 80+ catch seasons and lets say it was 5 years and 36 million . i mean we paid t.o 6.5 million for a season and he was over the hill but did put people in the seats

he will be 27 this november and has back to back 80+ catch seasons and lets say it was 5 years and 36 million . i mean we paid t.o 6.5 million for a season and he was over the hill but did put people in the seats

Giants would match that. You'd have to overpay him severely to get a deal done. That along with the first rounder makes me say no.

Giants would match that. You'd have to overpay him severely to get a deal done. That along with the first rounder makes me say no.

Giants are about 4 million under the cap. They wouldn't be able to pay what the bills could pay if they wanted him. Need a qb who can get him the ball though.

Cruz in buffalo isn't a sure thing and he costs a ton more. Bye bye cap space.

Exactly.

For who's likely to be behind Center this upcoming year, I'll take the cheap route. At least that way they can use the cap space and try to fill some Defensive holes and make us worth watching...

I think this would be a terrible Idea and it's not because Cruz is not a good player -- he is. The ley is that Cruz has had other good quality receiers on his team and a QB who could get him the ball. In addition, Cruz won't move the needle enough for the Bills and put them in contention. We need more. I'd rather spend that money on Bowe and still have a 1st round choice to fill another need.

I could be mistaken but it seems to me there are some FA WR available who would sign for similar salaries and not require the sacrifice of a 1st round pick in addition.

Greg Jennings would be my top choice, though he has been injured the last two seasons. Bowe and Amendola are also interesting if they're available (they are FA but it's widely believed their teams will be aggressive to retain them)

Give up top 10 pick for a WR that will demand a huge contract, smart.

well, giving a top ten pick for a young guy, who has developed into legit #1 WR, with no off field issues, is a much worse idea than drafting no sure thing, with a pick that people don't think their is a deserving player to use the 8th pick on. I'd be ok with it. I remember watching his first game against the Jets. He was incredible.

Cruz mainly plays out of the slot as well which is where the Bills intend to play Stevie next year

I thought Cruz was their #1 WR. I think they like to move him to get match ups.

I could be mistaken but it seems to me there are some FA WR available who would sign for similar salaries and not require the sacrifice of a 1st round pick in addition.

Greg Jennings would be my top choice, though he has been injured the last two seasons. Bowe and Amendola are also interesting if they're available (they are FA but it's widely believed their teams will be aggressive to retain them)

I would go with 20 something on the way up Cruz, over a 30 something on the decline Jennings. We pick up Cruz, WR is set for years. Pick up Jennings, and were looking at WR next year still. I'd take bowe though.

He also has a QB who can get the ball to him while he is running....not in the dirt or behind him...

I would be in favor, but I don't think you will see him playing anywhere but with the Giants this year. Besides, until we get a QB that can throw the ball downfield, what it would cost him would be a disappointment at the end of the year when you see his stats.

He also has a QB who can get the ball to him while he is running....not in the dirt or behind him...

No kidding. Imagine if Ralph WIlson Stadium has real grass, there would be bald spots all over the field from his short throws.

With all the WR talent that is coming out this year NO it would be a better move & a lot more cost effective to get a rookie WR that will be here for the next 4 or 5 years.

We are getting younger all over on this team draft a C. Patterson, J. Hunter , or Q. Patton & we will have our own version of Cruz but at less than half the price !!

With all the WR talent that is coming out this year NO it would be a better move & a lot more cost effective to get a rookie WR that will be here for the next 4 or 5 years.

We are getting younger all over on this team draft a C. Patterson, J. Hunter , or Q. Patton & we will have our own version of Cruz but at less than half the price !!

You hope. It is the draft, you really never know what you are getting-remember James Hardy?

the giants actually had a real QB throwing to him - he would fail with the trash we have/will have in Buffalo for the immediate future - dont waste the pick/money

Yes, but OTOH Eli's game really went to the next level once Cruz was brought on. Food for thought.

I don't think he is going to make Fitz good (we've seen his ceiling) but he could benefit most QBs that we bring in.

He also has Hakeem Nicks and Eli throwing him the ball. If I am not mistaken his production slipped greatly when Nix was out.

If we're use our 8th on a WR Id rather save the money and draft Patterson.

Just asking, why would you draft a kid with one year exp. vs trading the same pick for a guy that is established, only 27 and has proven he can play at a probowl type level in this league? At some point it has to stop being about the money and we need to start winning.

the giants actually had a real QB throwing to him - he would fail with the trash we have/will have in Buffalo for the immediate future - dont waste the pick/money

I don't think nix, and Eli made Cruz. Cruz showed he belongs on an NFL field the first time he played. And it was without Eli, and nix. I belive Cruz made the giants better. I've been a Cruz fan since he scored three touch downs, in three receptions, against the jets. All over 20 yards. He is a good size reciver, with speed, catches with his hands at the high point. With this year's draft class, give up #8 and get a guy you KNOW makes your team better. Second and third rounds get defenders, and keep an eye out for first round QB's next year.

The crazy numbers slot receivers are currently putting up is a relatively new phenomenon in the NFL. In my opinion, players like Welker, Amendola and Cruz are not worth anywhere near the money they are going to be asking for.

Statistically speaking, Cruz may be the number one receiver on the Giants. But the real difference maker is Hakeem Nicks. He draws the double coverage downfield, while Cruz takes advantage of mismatches (against linebackers and safeties) underneath.

We would be better off spending big money on a top outside receiver - maybe Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe.

I think this would be a terrible Idea and it's not because Cruz is not a good player -- he is. The ley is that Cruz has had other good quality receiers on his team and a QB who could get him the ball. In addition, Cruz won't move the needle enough for the Bills and put them in contention. We need more. I'd rather spend that money on Bowe and still have a 1st round choice to fill another need.

I would use the pick on Cruz. He's better than Bowe. The Bills have cap room. If they aren't taking a QB at 8, what other need will the Bills pick that would "move the needle" as much as Cruz?? Another rookie CB? A LB? Some here have even suggested...O-lineman?? (WTF?).

I like Cruz, but keep in mind this would be a top 10 pick PLUS signing him to a huge contract, AND the Giants would have the right to match it. Considering the huge problem Cruz had with drops last year, I'd rather they roll the dice on a guy like Patterson instead.

The crazy numbers slot receivers are currently putting up is a relatively new phenomenon in the NFL. In my opinion, players like Welker, Amendola and Cruz are not worth anywhere near the money they are going to be asking for.

Statistically speaking, Cruz may be the number one receiver on the Giants. But the real difference maker is Hakeem Nicks. He draws the double coverage downfield, while Cruz takes advantage of mismatches (against linebackers and safeties) underneath.

We would be better off spending big money on a top outside receiver - maybe Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe.

Yup. Basically since you're not allowed to hit anymore, receivers can cross the middle without worrying about getting blasted. So IMO, it's really hard to put a value on their worth. But since teams play 3 and 4 wrs set all the time, maybe they are worth big money.

And I really like Cruz but Manning blows up slot receivers. See Steve Smith when he was with the Giants.

I would be in favor of this. The WR talent in the draft is pretty good. But I love Cruz and his salsa dance

This WR class is WEAK. You serious? Sorry, there's not 1 QB or WR i'd want on this team in this draft. When it comes to WR, QB, RB, MLB, and CBs this class is whack.