Manuel and Wilson are natural leaders...

1billsfan

...of men. I checked out all of the QB press conferences and I'm beyond impressed with how both Manuel and Wilson come across. They aren't fake or coached up. They are both seem very mature beyond their years. The difference between these two guys and the other QBs with regards to their maturity levels and leadership qualities is a substantially large gap after watching all of the videos.

As for Nassib, he seems like a very likable and personable guy who will put in the work and do his very best. But I don't necessarily see that natural leader type, nor do I see a guy who actually believes that he's the best of this group.

One note, Wilson had a very interesting smile on his face when talking about his meeting with the Bills. You can check out all of the videos them here...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/EJ-Manuel-Combine-Press-Conference/6ca249da-b855-4cc0-ae81-0c999a80dd5e#/media-center/videos/EJ_Manuel_Combine_Press_Conference/6ca249da-b855-4cc0-ae81-0c999a80dd5e

Can't wait to see them all tomorrow at the combine.

I'm with you, I really like EJ Manuel as well...I definitely think he is one of the top 3 QB's in the draft and he is almost going completely unnoticed. He might not have had the best numbers of all the QB's coming out but he's cool, calm and collective under pressure in the games that I have seen for him.

I'm with you, I really like EJ Manuel as well...I definitely think he is one of the top 3 QB's in the draft and he is almost going completely unnoticed. He might not have had the best numbers of all the QB's coming out but he's cool, calm and collective under pressure in the games that I have seen for him.

Is that to say he's one of a group of many tranquil people under pressure, you know, for all intensive purposes?

Edited by transient

Can we please create an archive of all the "QBs-we-must-draft" threads? I'd love to go back and see was right and who was talking out their blowholes. I don't know why but we never see any "I-wanted-Clausen/McCoy/Leinert/etc-but-I-was-wrong" threads.

PTR

Yes, but is that an indication of EJ Manuel's shortcomings as a QB, or more a reflection of how Jimbo Fisher likes to run his offense? I have heard folks make arguments about the latter.

No idea what it could be an indication of but it is something that I've noticed.

Is that to say he's one of a group of many tranquil people under pressure, you know, for all intensive purposes?

The phrase originated in legal language in the 1500s, and it may have been first used in court cases in England. The initial wording may have been "to all intents, constructions and purposes." Some point out that pluralizing "intent" is unnecessary since the word can be singular or plural without an "s" at the end, such as "his intent" or "their intent."

In the modern sense, this phrase could be used in the following example. A person is interviewing for a job, and the boss wants to hire him. She might say, "We still need to check your references, but for all intents and purposes, the job is yours." Provided the applicants references are fine, he has landed the job and, under practical considerations, he can consider himself employed.

Unfortunately, the phrase has gotten a little more complicated because of the numerous misquotes or malapropisms that are used in its place. One common substitution is "for all intensive purposes." This is very commonly used, and it means something almost directly opposite to the original phrase’s meaning of "for practical purposes."

If the person who was just about hired for a job "for all intensive purposes," one could argue that that person had just been hired for work in an emergency room or an intensive care unit. The person could only be considering the prospect of a job under intensive or highly intense situations. Now, this is probably not what the speaker means, but it deliberately corrupts the meaning of the original phrase.

We could argue about these guys till we're blue in the fingers. As we've observed for many years as fans of this game, ya just never know who's gonna be good and who's gonna be a bust. Last year was a pretty rare year where Luck and RGIII were pretty sure things.

Its pretty much a crap shoot at the QB position this year. I'll let you guys know who I like next December !! LOL !

jb

The phrase originated in legal language in the 1500s, and it may have been first used in court cases in England. The initial wording may have been "to all intents, constructions and purposes." Some point out that pluralizing "intent" is unnecessary since the word can be singular or plural without an "s" at the end, such as "his intent" or "their intent."

In the modern sense, this phrase could be used in the following example. A person is interviewing for a job, and the boss wants to hire him. She might say, "We still need to check your references, but for all intents and purposes, the job is yours." Provided the applicants references are fine, he has landed the job and, under practical considerations, he can consider himself employed.

Unfortunately, the phrase has gotten a little more complicated because of the numerous misquotes or malapropisms that are used in its place. One common substitution is "for all intensive purposes." This is very commonly used, and it means something almost directly opposite to the original phrase’s meaning of "for practical purposes."

If the person who was just about hired for a job "for all intensive purposes," one could argue that that person had just been hired for work in an emergency room or an intensive care unit. The person could only be considering the prospect of a job under intensive or highly intense situations. Now, this is probably not what the speaker means, but it deliberately corrupts the meaning of the original phrase.

Are you the guy that kills the punchline by making the teller explain the joke? (I'm on my iPad, otherwise I'd finish this with the little winking emoticon)

Cool, calm and collective? What's he on a farm?

E.J Manuel is not a natural born leader. Trust me i'm a Seminole fan who is also a bills fan. E.J doesn't have the skills to make it in the pros. He makes poor decisions when he behind the pocket. Just watch the sooners, seminoles game, he looked awful before trickett came in to replace him.

...of men. I checked out all of the QB press conferences and I'm beyond impressed with how both Manuel and Wilson come across. They aren't fake or coached up. They are both seem very mature beyond their years. The difference between these two guys and the other QBs with regards to their maturity levels and leadership qualities is a substantially large gap after watching all of the videos.

As for Nassib, he seems like a very likable and personable guy who will put in the work and do his very best. But I don't necessarily see that natural leader type, nor do I see a guy who actually believes that he's the best of this group.

One note, Wilson had a very interesting smile on his face when talking about his meeting with the Bills. You can check out all of the videos them here...

http://www.kcchiefs....81-0c999a80dd5e

Can't wait to see them all tomorrow at the combine.

You can tell all that from an interview with the media? I am not trashing EJ Manuel or any of the other QBs, it is just that I don't know how you can tell anything about any of these player's leadership skills from those media interviews. At best, in my opinion, you can tell whether a guy is reasonably well-spoken and how comfortable they might be in the spotlight.

Yes, but is that an indication of EJ Manuel's shortcomings as a QB, or more a reflection of how Jimbo Fisher likes to run his offense? I have heard folks make arguments about the latter.

Or the lack of talent on offense?

As a Florida State fan and alum, I love EJ. Cuz he's my boy. Great guy. PLease don't draft him, please don't draft hime, PLEASE DON'T DRAFT HIM.

Why not?

E.J Manuel is not a natural born leader. Trust me i'm a Seminole fan who is also a bills fan. E.J doesn't have the skills to make it in the pros. He makes poor decisions when he behind the pocket. Just watch the sooners, seminoles game, he looked awful before trickett came in to replace him.

The Sooners game in 2011? They were ranked #1.

Can we please create an archive of all the "QBs-we-must-draft" threads? I'd love to go back and see was right and who was talking out their blowholes. I don't know why but we never see any "I-wanted-Clausen/McCoy/Leinert/etc-but-I-was-wrong" threads.

PTR

Love the idea. I remember a bunch of folks (or a few multi-posting folks) banging the drum for Dan Leferve (sp) a few years ago. I'll get started, I was all against drafting Cam Newton. I guess I was wrong...

Manuel yes. Wilson no. Manuel big arm with wheels . Manuel 6-4 and 5/8s 237 lean . 40-4.62 Wilson 6-2 1/8s . He had a belly at 215. best 40 4.96.

Manuel 10 3/8 hand. Wilson tiny burger king hand 8 3/4. Fumbles ? Manuel and Tyler Bray are growing on me after seeing them at the combine.

PTR

I wanted Clausen