Lil Donte Still Talkin

T master

Seattle is going to have something to say about that...They match up very well against SF.

Green Bay thought the sam ething in 2010..Havent seen them get back....

Miami in 1984 thought that with Marino they would be back to the Superbowl many times after his second season..never happened.

That game Sunay may very well be SF's last Superbowl appearance for another 20 years.

and yet he should still be saying that he plans to win it next year.

if it was anyone but donte (or i suppose the patriots players would get killed too) this board would say "good for them for believing in themselves"

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last i checked, he's been on a team that actually made the playoffs.

jw

I was on the high school basketball team, but didn't start, and rarely contributed to the team's success, You wouldn't expect me to guarantee victories now would you?

Just because Donte was on the team, does it give him the right to guarantee victory when he clearly doesn't contribute to the success of that team?

^^This, I just don't understand the hatred for him around here... move on.. The Bills will likely be terrible again and the 9ers have a great shot at getting back there next year.

Best of luck to Donte, he was the hardest hitter on our defense when he left the team.

As a Bills fan it seems it very important for us to hate against anyone that has a better chance than us ( which is everyone ).

You go back 5 years ago and the Bills and 49ers were in a downward spiral. The 49er were intelligent enough to bring in leadership that could turn the ship around in a big way. While we follow failed leadership and hope for next year. I see no break in this pattern as long as Russ is running the show. We haven't been any good since he has been in a position of leadership, why start now. He is doing the same job, he is just marketing it differently.

Stop hating on Donte because he has found success and we haven't.

Edited by VADC Bills

I was on the high school basketball team, but didn't start, and rarely contributed to the team's success, You wouldn't expect me to guarantee victories now would you?

Just because Donte was on the team, does it give him the right to guarantee victory when he clearly doesn't contribute to the success of that team?

Really? he's guaranteeing it? I missed that, I thought he just said they would be going back? Link?

Really? he's guaranteeing it? I missed that, I thought he just said they would be going back? Link?

"each year the 49ers take a step up & that next year they will win it all"

No, he didn't use the word, but it sounds like a guarantee to me.

No one begrudges a player on the losing SB team, predicting that you will win next year.

Bt when you were the main reason that the team didn't win THIS year, maybe you should stay quiet....huh.

No, he didn't use the word, but it sounds like a guarantee to me.

No one begrudges a player on the losing SB team, predicting that you will win next year.

Bt when you were the main reason that the team didn't win THIS year, maybe you should stay quiet....huh..

He did also use the word "they" instead of "we" if this quote is accurate, so maybe Donte is just forecasting that they'll win it all once they upgrade at strong safety ;)

Just days after the SB Ex Bill Donte Whitner is back at it, runnin his mouth ..

He is predicting that "each year the 49ers take a step up & that next year they will win it all"

Although it is good to have the confidence in your team mates to carry you to a SB as was pointed out in the article it is hard to go to the big game 2 years in a row & that it hasn't been done since the Pats went back to back .

So good luck with that Donte we will all be waiting to see if your actions can cash in on what your mouth is saying ...

Whitner fixation. Well at least its better than Patriots/Brady fixation. Right now he still has the last laugh.

He had a really bad superbowl, I feel sorry for the guy. He got embarrassed out there.

He's still a great hitter though, and plays the run well for a SS. The problem for Whit (and a lot of strong safeties) is coverage. He's not good at it, and if you're an OC and watch enough film on the guy you know how to get him matched up against your slot guy or TE, they're open all day.

Whitner fixation. Well at least its better than Patriots/Brady fixation. Right now he still has the last laugh.

Bills fans are going to spend a lot of time thinking about disappointment, for the same reason that Eskimos spend a lot of time thinking about snow. Over the last 10 - 15 years, the Bills have been surrounded by constant disappointments, wasted opportunities, and the hollow, empty fruits of short-sighted thinking.

Whitner represented the second-highest draft pick the Bills have had in the last 20+ years. The highest was Mike Williams. But at least with Mike Williams there was closure. He was a bust, everyone here agrees he was a bust, his post-Buffalo words and deeds were about what you'd expect from a busted player trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to work his way back into the NFL.

Whitner, on the other hand, has been a source of irritation ever since the decision to pick him was first announced. First, because it was an early signal that we couldn't trust the Levy/Jauron regime to use their most valuable resources effectively. Second, because he was a glaringly obvious reach. Third, because many people on this board defended the pick at the time, and continued to defend the player long after it became clear that the 8th overall pick used on him had been squandered. Fourth, because his personality is annoying. I can't recall his having said or done anything which would suggest humility. Everything with him is showy. The big, showy hit, but without wrapping up the guy he's supposed to be tackling. Big talk on Twitter, not backed up by subsequent deeds. The domestic incident at his home. His run-in with police. Nothing about his personality makes me like him or want to spend money rooting for him.

Once Whitner hit free agency, GMs' lack of interest in him should have shown fans that he was a below-average safety; not the top-15 safety they'd claimed. But then another source of irritation happened: he made the Pro Bowl. Had he made the Pro Bowl by playing at a Pro Bowl level, I'd be perfectly fine with it. But no. We all saw the kind of safety he is in the Super Bowl. He made the Pro Bowl because of a few big highlight reel hits, his draft position, and because he was surrounded by a talented defense which helped mask the 49ers' weakness at SS.

For there to be closure with Whitner, there needs to be a general consensus on the following:

• Picking him in the top-15 of the draft was a boneheaded move. Well-run teams realized this at the time that stupid decision was made.
  • Whitner was, is, and will continue to be a below-average safety best suited to a backup role.
  • His Pro Bowl invitation is a joke, and serves to de-legitimize the Pro Bowl selection process.

If we on these boards can agree on those three things, it will be much easier to move past the embarrassment of the Whitner selection, and move on to other things. I would also like to see the front office do something positive--like obtain a franchise quarterback--so that we can focus on that, instead of on the idiocy of the Whitner selection.

Best of luck to Donte, he was the hardest hitter on our defense when he left the team.

As a Bills fan it seems it very important for us to hate against anyone that has a better chance than us ( which is everyone ).

You go back 5 years ago and the Bills and 49ers were in a downward spiral. The 49er were intelligent enough to bring in leadership that could turn the ship around in a big way. While we follow failed leadership and hope for next year. I see no break in this pattern as long as Russ is running the show. We haven't been any good since he has been in a position of leadership, why start now. He is doing the same job, he is just marketing it differently.

Stop hating on Donte because he has found success and we haven't.

You couldn't be more wrong but read Edwards Arm's post if you have such conviction in your opinion.

The Bills over-drafted him and as a result he made $36 million over 6 seasons in Buffalo. Had he gone even in the second round he would have made only about $6M. He was a terrible failure, gets humbled by disinterest in free agency...and then shows his lack of class by ripping the Bills organization that mistakenly made him rich beyond his wildest dreams. He had $30M extra reasons to be a man and keep his mouth shut. Yeah, Donte, we are aware the Bills organization sucks. Everybody knows this. You were a big part of the problem. Show an ounce of class and keep your mouth shut.

Just really, really inappropriate.

It's one thing to not take ownership of your own failure, but to blame his mediocrity on the scheme he was drafted in is ridiculous. The scheme he is in now features a fearsome front 7.......yet allowed him to make exactly ZERO positive impact for his team in the Super Bowl. In fact, he blew coverages, missed tackles and drew a personal foul penalty.

He's a very un-likeable a-hole.

No because you're a !@#$ing clown. :rolleyes:

Just days after the SB Ex Bill Donte Whitner is back at it, runnin his mouth ..

He is predicting that "each year the 49ers take a step up & that next year they will win it all"

Although it is good to have the confidence in your team mates to carry you to a SB as was pointed out in the article it is hard to go to the big game 2 years in a row & that it hasn't been done since the Pats went back to back .

So good luck with that Donte we will all be waiting to see if your actions can cash in on what your mouth is saying ...

That NFC West will get tougher next year. The Seahawks had a terrific 2nd half of the season and were a dominating team. They will be fighting it out with the 49ers for that crown and the Rams may not be too far off. Jeff Fisher always has his team be competitive.

Hate him if you want but he started on a top 6 defense. Is he the best at his position? No but in the 49er scheme his skill set works. Donte does need to work on his coverage skills, big time, if he wants to contribute to a Super Bowl vicitory. I understand where he is coming from in that each year the 49ers improve and gets closer to their goal of a championship. They came close and maybe this years experience will put them over the top.