Beyonce

Dragonborn10

Every black artist is bad, and all white artist are awesome.... LMAO, we all don't have the same taste so its impossible to please everyone.

Im not the biggest beyonce fan but i thought this was one of the better half time shows in atleast 10 years, so to say she was horrible is just !@#$ing ridiculous, and super bias....

I was born and raised on the east side of buffalo and went to southside elementary school so i know how racist the city is lol....

this is alllll right. lol

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think she lip synced or used autotune like most of the no talent assclowns do. To have a singer actually sing is a big deal these days. However, the musicians were fake, and she doesn't write her own songs yet tries to take credit for it.

She lipsynched nearly the entire performance. She did the same thing Pink did for the AMAs ... had the CD playing in the background and occasionally belted out a note to make it appear she was singing the whole thing.

Doesn't really matter. Between the screaming of America the Beautiful and that halftime crap show, this was the worst Super Bowl for non-football entertainment that I can remember. And Jennifer Hudson should be flogged for what she did to that song.

I agree with Dorkington, however, that the dance-heavy artists should get a lipsynching pass. Just don't try to say you aren't doing it. Be honest.

And re: Hole - They were only good when Kurt Cobain was writing their music for them. When he killed himself, he killed Hole, too. But they still would have been better than last night's schit-fest.

I think Alicia Keys did a respectable job with our National Anthem, for the most part.

Edited by Fig Newtons

Not my particular cup of tea, but an overall good performance. Was also kind of cool to see the Destiny's Child cameo.

exactly - not an album im running out to buy but vocally shes extremely talented, shes a very good dancer, and shes obviously got a knack for knowing what appeals to the masses.... to say shes got no talent is nonsense, even if you dont like her style of music.

She is not as talented as many others. Put her in a dark room with just her voice and she loses most appeal. Her looks, dancing, and the autotune help her out but she is a performer. Not much different then a cabaret act. Diana Ross and the rest were far above her.

she at least made Alicia Keys look horrible. Worst anthem ever.

its possible that weve never heard beyonce sing without "help" but the times that i suspect i have, she has absolutely belted some tunes out. i think when an intense dance act is involved as well, i give some leeway to the singing being "helped" due to the entirety of the stage show going on.

Didn't even bother watching half time. I knew it would be painful It always is IMO

We were prepped to print Niner Super Bowl Championship shirts (lol) so I used the half time to drive into work and do the final preparations and watch the second half there. Knew the half time would be a mind numbing blandfest. I don't think the general population know what real talent is any more and just love what the media complex tells them to love.

Edited by Dante

I'm 42 and I swear I could not understand a single word she sang. I honestly think she sang the same 4 lines over and over for 15 minutes. Is this entertainment? I know it isn't music. It is not even muzak. Do people really spend money to see her thrust her groin in concert? Is there a single person on this board that has downloaded one of her CD's to their I-pod?

Couldn't understand a single word? With that body I could care less.

One of my friends said they should just play the third quarter in the dark and let Beyonce keep going. Make them play around the stage. Now that would have been entertaining. Enjoyed the show though. Her musical style may not be everyone's cup of tea, but c'mon man, who doesn't want to look at Beyonce?

I'm 42 and I swear I could not understand a single word she sang. I honestly think she sang the same 4 lines over and over for 15 minutes. Is this entertainment? I know it isn't music. It is not even muzak. Do people really spend money to see her thrust her groin in concert? Is there a single person on this board that has downloaded one of her CD's to their I-pod?

Do you want the kids to get off your lawn too?

I thought it was pretty bad too, but a lot of people like her.

and.. i guess this is why she has millions... lol i'll take someone with actual talent like Alicia Keys... Really anyone that can play an instrument ... or sing for that matter.

Beyonce is WAY more talented and entertaining than the dreadfully plain & boring Alicia Keys.

She lipsynched nearly the entire performance. She did the same thing Pink did for the AMAs ... had the CD playing in the background and occasionally belted out a note to make it appear she was singing the whole thing.

I agree with Dorkington, however, that the dance-heavy artists should get a lipsynching pass. Just don't try to say you aren't doing it. Be honest.

She was very obviously singing the parts when she was holding the mic up to her mouth. The vocal audio track was playing only for the parts when she was just dancing. The problem with lip syncing before was that they were "singing" while they were doing elaborate dance moves where it would have been impossible to sing. Anytime Beyonce went to do some dance moves they would cut to the vocal track. The rest of it was her.

exactly - not an album im running out to buy but vocally shes extremely talented, shes a very good dancer, and shes obviously got a knack for knowing what appeals to the masses.... to say shes got no talent is nonsense, even if you dont like her style of music.

:thumbsup:

We were prepped to print Niner Super Bowl Championship shirts (lol) so I used the half time to drive into work and do the final preparations and watch the second half there. Knew the half time would be a mind numbing blandfest. I don't think the general population know what real talent is any more and just love what the media complex tells them to love.

As part of the general population, I beg to differ. I think I know talent, and she is talented. But one thing I do know...these are just opinions and not everyone is going to agree with each other. I take that back. I think everyone will agree she/this sucked...

Edited by Dopey

Beyonce was fine. She actually sings beautifully...as evidenced at the 1st Obama inauguration ball. She sang the first dance, Live and it was amazing.

None of these entertainers can sing AND dance well. They sing over their own track to mask when they are out of breath.