Beyonce

Dragonborn10

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of one time I saw John Lennon on the Tonight Show. He was talking about how people in the press were saying that Yoko was ugly. He was just saying how incredibly hurtful it was to them. I was just a kid and that really stuck with me. I remember thinking how could anyone be so cruel to say something like that. And I was struck that the reaction was not to ignore it or to be angry, it was to just say hey, this hurts us very badly and you shouldn't say these hurtful things about people. It was pretty powerful.

not to get on a soap box but i thought this was timely and appropriate....not that anyone here has gone as far below the line as some referenced in this article, but i think it can still be applied here

http://mashable.com/...-video-bullies/

and yeah, i know, commenting 'Yeah I would' as often as i do makes me just as guilty...

Good for her. That was a great video. :thumbsup:

Reminds me of one time I saw John Lennon on the Tonight Show. He was talking about how people in the press were saying that Yoko was ugly. He was just saying how incredibly hurtful it was to them. I was just a kid and that really stuck with me. I remember thinking how could anyone be so cruel to say something like that. And I was struck that the reaction was not to ignore it or to be angry, it was to just say hey, this hurts us very badly and you shouldn't say these hurtful things about people. It was pretty powerful.

He was an amazing human being.

Telling a girl she's ugly is unforgiveable.

Unless she's incredibly hot or a total !@#$.

He was an amazing human being.

Here's a story of John learning some humility.

On his infamous lost weekend he was out drinking with Harry Nilsson. Somehow getting a unused kotex between bars.

John taped it to his forehead and attempted to get into the rainbow room in LA. The Doorman refused to let him in unless he took the Kotex off. Lennon replied " do you know who I am?" The doorman replied, "Yea, some A-Hole with a kotex on his forehead".

John repeated that story often and commented that it had hit home for him.