Beyonce

Dragonborn10

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 42 and I swear I could not understand a single word she sang. I honestly think she sang the same 4 lines over and over for 15 minutes. Is this entertainment? I know it isn't music. It is not even muzak. Do people really spend money to see her thrust her groin in concert? Is there a single person on this board that has downloaded one of her CD's to their I-pod?

I'm with you, shoulda hired motorhead lol

WE ARE THE ROAD CREW!

some crappy electronic music.............ive never understood the "electronic scene"...........i don't do designer drugs though

i don't get the obsession with house music Dj's and the whole weird scene.

Haha, love the stereotypes. Sounds like the article the LA Times wrote on Sunday.

Rolling Stones have songs abut drugs and sex, theyre fine.

Tom Petty has songs about drugs and sex, he's fine.

The Who has songs about drugs and sex, theyre fine.

Prince has TONS of songs about drugs and sex, he's fine. (Even played silhouetted against a curtain and made his guitar look like his penis. Celebrated as one of the best halftime performances in the last 20 years)

Michael Jackson accused of molesting children, he's fine.

But Madonna gets described as "vile" around here, Beyonce is "sleazy", and lets not even get into how badly the country freaked out about Janet Jackson's nipple...

I dont think it's much a racial thing, as much as it is par for the boys club here. This thread would have done better if it stuck to our standard "Would ya?" format.

Thought the same exact thing. More of society reinforcing the "Male Sluts Are Awesome, Female Sluts Are Terrible" sexual repression messages. Hopefully that'll change someday.

Legendary band, legendary song which I could see working with video footage encapsulating the history of the NFL and the journey and culmination of the 2013 football season. If done right, I think it could be something very inspirational and special that would hit the mark with all ages and demographics. If you want to attract females then you could possibly incorporate Cirque du Soleil into the performance. The band's fallen angel logo does look very much like a silhouette of a Cirque du Soleil performer, right?...LOL

If you want to go with a popular contemporary artist, then I'd try to get Adele. Someone with real and rare (for today's standards) artistic talent and who's appeal spans all demographics and continents.

Adele is boring.

Edited by BlueFire

i had always had a thing against 'electronic music' thinking it was all about the nightclub scene, then i saw skillrex last summer and was very impressed, then started thinking about it more and realized electronic music is Thomas Dolby/Gary Numan, and even Jam Bands like Umphreys McGee use alot of electronic music...so i opened my mind a bit more...still don't like the 'out there' stuff, but i have begun to be more accepting of it as a musical style...oh and i don't take designer drugs or any drugs for that matter

Haha, love the stereotypes. Sounds like the article the LA Times wrote on Sunday.

That'd be a tall task pardner, not sure we can pull it off.

Meanwhile, why isn't her name pronounced "Bey once"?

Id like some classic rock by way of folk. Crosby stills and hash. Maybe young. Simon and garfunkel. Make it an olympic type show.

i'm a fan of Beyonce, and yet that half-time performance was dreadful. no better than the Black-Eyed Peas a few years back. trouble with this, in my opinion, is that pop acts generally have difficulty "filling" a stadium, and the music comes off as being small, drowned out and distorted.

and it's even worse when translated on tv.

best half-time act in recent memory to me was Springsteen. i thought he delivered by bringing an intensity to his performance.

as for someone suggesting green day, ugh! maybe we should check to see if the super bowl conflicts with their precious broadway show. :sick:

jw

as for someone suggesting green day, ugh! maybe we should check to see if the super bowl conflicts with their precious broadway show. :sick:

jw

Man, you just can't get over that hatred regarding a guy wanting to see his music on broadway, can you?

I am a huge fan of groups like the Beatles, Doors, Led Zep, the Who, U2, Stones etc. I do not own a Beyonce CD. In my opinion, U2's halftime show after 9/11 was the best and most moving halftime show I have seen.

Having said all of that, Beyonce did a great job and was very entertaining. I cannot believe how she has become such a lightning rod for both her performance and how she was dressed. I had no problem with it whatsoever. I will take U2 over Beyonce every day of the week. Nevertheless, she, the others, and the performance were great.

To the rest of you, get off of my lawn (as someone else already said).

P.S. Do we find out whether Mario signs with the Bills at the end of this thread?

I must be the only guy in the world who Beyonce doesn't do it for (or woman for that matter - there are so many with girlcrushes on her)...........And, when I first saw her with DC I thought she was gorgeous. This pic is a prime example. Her thighs are too big, something about the face I don't like - and I don't like the blonde hair. I think that's why I thought she was gorgeous when I first saw her. The dark hair. slide_221717_2059327_free.jpg?1359986542431

I must be the only guy in the world who Beyonce doesn't do it for (or woman for that matter - there are so many with girlcrushes on her)...........And, when I first saw her with DC I thought she was gorgeous. This pic is a prime example. Her thighs are too big, something about the face I don't like - and I don't like the blonde hair. I think that's why I thought she was gorgeous when I first saw her. The dark hair.

Her thighs are too big! You're cracking me up bbb. :lol:

i am not usually a fan of the girls like the williams sisters, j-lo, kardashians with the more solid bodies...i am a sucker for thin girls, heroin chic is my thing(apparently its an opposites attract thing, although it is completely 1-way)...but Beyonce does it for me...when i saw her in Austin Powers I was immediately smitten, i think her face is very pretty but the way she moves/dances, i don't know what it is but she can move, that combination really put her over the top for me...