Stevie Johnson doesn't workout in the offseason

ET1062

http://nbcsports.msn...672179#50672179

Highlights

• For the first time he is going to workout this offseason. Well at least we know he's not on 'roids.
  • Tashard Choice is a leader, off the field at least, and has had a positive influene on the team.
  • Still likes Fitz but competition will be welcomed.
  • Might be nailing that NBC reporter as we speak.

Marc in Montréal

He's married with kids, I believe.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stevie as well as every player in the NFL, would benifit from an advanced aerobic, plyometric, core, and stretching regimen in the off season. core in particular will help reduce some of these injuries and will increase functionality and coordination. if sj was more prudent in the offseason there is a good chance these things would prevent his constant nagging groin injury.

Put him on the Patriots and he would be lucky to get 24 catches. He would be at best their 4th best option in the passing game and probably 5th. My guess is he would see maybe 12-15 plays a game with 2-3 targets a game. If he dropped one ball he might not see another pass from Marcia for a couple weeks. Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandex, and Lloyd are all much more talented. Hell I'm not even sure he would beat out little Julian Edelman...

This is laughable.

So guess Marcia should have stopped throwing Welker the ball after his drops in the AFC championship game last year? Oh wait, that's right he still threw to him 174 times this season even after Welker lead the league in drops(which I realise is an unofficial stat, but the point remains).

Quick get the pitch forks and ill get the fire started!

Edited by Wayne Cubed

schopp and bulldog: ive done shows w/those clowns 2 yrs straight. they should have a much greater sense of the effort i put in for Buffalo.

Expand

poodle and chap along with everyone who've witnessed me work in training camp, prac., and during games should know i give everything on SUN.

Expand

torn groin. torn ligaments in fingers. hamstring. torn rib cartilage. shoulder injuries. etc. etc. How many games have i missed? chap & mut

i don't lift weights... 'Whoopee' ill not workout for an entire year and still run circles around these keyboard olympians chap and poodle.

Collapse

my wrkouts are Uncomplicated, Simplified and Effective for Stevie Johnson. individually ive done ok. im advancing my work; hopefully it help

LORD YEEVIE@StevieJohnson13

Bert and Ernie Over chap and poodle!

https://twitter.com/StevieJohnson13

schopp and bulldog: ive done shows w/those clowns 2 yrs straight. they should have a much greater sense of the effort i put in for Buffalo.

Expand

poodle and chap along with everyone who've witnessed me work in training camp, prac., and during games should know i give everything on SUN.

Expand

torn groin. torn ligaments in fingers. hamstring. torn rib cartilage. shoulder injuries. etc. etc. How many games have i missed? chap & mut

i don't lift weights... 'Whoopee' ill not workout for an entire year and still run circles around these keyboard olympians chap and poodle.

Collapse

my wrkouts are Uncomplicated, Simplified and Effective for Stevie Johnson. individually ive done ok. im advancing my work; hopefully it help

Ha. Love it.

Maybe if he worked out more ,he wouldn`t have all his nagging injuries. Bigger faster stronger.

Yeah, I don't know anybody who has ever gotten hurt overdoing it while working out.

Besides, who knows what he means when he refers to working out? I am pretty sure he isn't sitting around with a family-style bucket of Cheez Doodles and a case of Budweiser all winter. He probably still does stretching / yoga / running / things to keep in general shape. If he takes any time off, I'm sure he deserves it. Get mad at the guys who can't or won't produce. Stevie has been one of the few consistently fun and positive contributors to the team, despite his mistakes.

Expand

Expand

Collapse

attention tbd: the search is over. we have found someone who hates schlepp and the lapdog as much as we do.

The whole thread really tells about some folks here.

Our stevie was being himself. goofy but honest in his way.

Of course he is in shape during the season. of course he puts the effort in.

sj is alright by me.

Go stevie

go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Terribly immature. I hold out hope for him, but he just doesn't get it. Jerry Rice was the best Wr in the game and he was one of the best workout warriors. It goes hand in hand. Stevie's perception is not good at the moment. I do hope Marronne makes an example out of him. He just needs to get his act together. Maybe if he worked out he would not have the nagging injuries.

I bet if he had some actual competition he would take it seriously. I bet if Dwayne Bowe was on the team, He would not want to be considered the second WR.

I'd rather see him go to Don Beebees speed school. He's a bit poky. But it's hard to care too much about what the guy does in the off season as he shows up most every game, a little injury history but plays through it anyway and has the production to show for it.

Maybe he just needs to watch Ray Lewis's into to madden 13.

Count me amongst those disappointed in Stevie. Every player has an obligation to his teammates and coaches (not to mention the fans) to be his best. By his own admission, he didn't do his best. I think he's letting down his teammates. Using his own numbers, he might have gained 200 or 300 more yards if he had worked out in the off-season. How many more TDs would that have been? How many more drive sustaining 1st downs? How many more wins?

Count me amongst those disappointed in Stevie. Every player has an obligation to his teammates and coaches (not to mention the fans) to be his best. By his own admission, he didn't do his best. I think he's letting down his teammates. Using his own numbers, he might have gained 200 or 300 more yards if he had worked out in the off-season. How many more TDs would that have been? How many more drive sustaining 1st downs? How many more wins?

the only thing holding Stevie back from gaining more yards and TDs is/was Fitz.