Stevie Johnson doesn't workout in the offseason

ET1062

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to know he isn't giving 100%. Wouldn't want him to overexert himself, he could injure his Twitter finger.

Some people are gym rats 24/7. Some use the offseason for rest. Some do a little of both.

None of the ways in which an athlete approaches "the offseason" means they arent "giving 100%."

Johnson is a pro and whatever way he takes care of himself works. End of story. Different "thing" but Stevie Van Zandt doesnt LOOK at a guitar between Springsteen tours. Quick...burn your copies of The Sopranos!

But whats the problem here? He said hes going to start an off season program becuase he wants to do even better than he has been. That even though hes been good doing whats hes doing, he thinks hee can do better and is going to take steps to make that happen.

Thats a problem?

Edited by RkFast

Some people are gym rats 24/7. Some use the offseason for rest. Some do a little of both.

None of the ways in which an athlete approaches "the offseason" means they arent "giving 100%."

Johnson is a pro and whatever way he takes care of himself works. End of story.

Except if you listen to what he actually says.

I like him a lot but this was truly amazing. He said they give him a booklet (it must be some off season program) and he just throws it away. Then he just flat out says I got 1000 yards each of my last three seasons, if I put in the football work, who knows, maybe I would be getting 1200 or 1300 yards. It was an absolutely insane thing to say, even by his standards.

I think he messes around a lot. And he will probably backtrack and say he was kidding tomorrow. But he was the one that brought up the fact he doesn't work hard and if he did, his production could go up 20-30%.

Johnson is a pro and whatever way he takes care of himself works. End of story. Different "thing" but Stevie Van Zandt doesnt LOOK at a guitar between Springsteen tours. Quick...burn your copies of The Sopranos!

But whats the problem here? He said hes going to start an off season program becuase he wants to do even better than he has been. That even though hes been good doing whats hes doing, he thinks hee can do better and is going to take steps to make that happen.

Thats a problem?

What's the problem??? Seriously?? The guy said that if he did try harder in the off season he would probably be a better player!! How is that not a bad example for other teammates??? i like Stevie a lot, but this was just an idiotic statement considering he has new bosses.

Thats a problem?

Stevie Van Zandt's guitar isn't even plugged in anymore. He's only still in the band because he's a recognizable face. Maybe if he practiced between tours he'd be given a solo once in a while instead of being a lame rhythm guitarist.

He was amazing in The Sopranos though.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

What's the problem??? Seriously?? The guy said that if he did try harder in the off season he would probably be a better player!! How is that not a bad example for other teammates??? i like Stevie a lot, but this was just an idiotic statement considering he has new bosses.

But he went on to say he realizes that the workouts might help so hes going to start doing them. And even when he wasnt doing them, he was the top producer for the team at WR. Its a moot point.

And how each athlete prepares sets NO example. They dont care what the others on the team do when they are not with the team. They care about what they do when they are WITH the team. As long as SJ shows up ready to go at workouts and in the meetings and most important, on Sunday, NOT ONE teammate gives a rats petuty what SJ is doing in January and February.

You people are !@#$ing funny....when SJ was up for a contract, you all went NUTS about how they HAD TO sign him, DESPITE all his quirks and odd behavior. But now youre all !@#$ing outraged with that behavior?

Edited by RkFast

But he went on to say he realizes that the workouts might help so hes going to start doing them. And even when he wasnt doing them, he was the top producer for the team at WR. Its a moot point.

And how each athlete prepares sets NO example. They dont care what the others on the team do when they are not with the team. They care about what they do when they are WITH the team. As long as SJ shows up ready to go at workouts and in the meetings and most important, on Sunday, NOT ONE teammate gives a rats petuty what SJ is doing in January and February.

You people are !@#$ing funny....when SJ was up for a contract, you all went NUTS about how they HAD TO sign him, DESPITE all his quirks JUST LIKE THIS ONE. But now that one of them comes to light, youre all !@#$ing outraged?

It's not what he's doing in Jan and Feb...for the record, I'm sure most people don't give a s&^%....I love the guy's quirkiness, but this about being a professional...Im not outraged, just disappointed

It's not what he's doing in Jan and Feb...for the record, I'm sure most people don't give a s&^%....I love the guy's quirkiness, but this about being a professional...Im not outraged, just disappointed

Thats what Im saying....AS A PROFESSIONAL he had a plan that worked for him. Unless he is blowing off something that his team demanded he do as part of his job, he did nothing wrong. he said the coaches gave him a workout book. What is an "optional" thing or a "mandatory" one? Im guessing the former.

Edited by RkFast

Agreed, I am not totally outraged, but how is it possible that a pro football player in this day and age isn't working out hard? I disagree with the person that said this doesn't matter to others on the team. If it is true that he isn't working out, then it is a true shame as he could be much better than the upper-middle-of-the-league WR that he is.