Stevie Johnson doesn't workout in the offseason

ET1062

There seems to be two extremes on this Stevie topic. Either he's a lazy locker room cancer, or you're exaggerating his comments. I don't care, it's about production and if he's worth being this constant nuisance.

Stevie is at best a low-level WR1 in the league. This is with having full reign that I can't recall any other WRs ever having in the NFL. He could basically run his own routes under "Offensive Guru" Chan Gailey. The offense revolved around Stevie. The other receivers on the team during his time as WR1 have been garbage. He had the job by default, and there was no room to question him.

I predict that things could go really sour under Marrone and Hackett. I think part of the reason for his comments with Jim Rome is to exhibit that Stevie will still want the power to do things his way. Stevie is going to lose that battle. He's not Terrell Owens or Randy Moss. If he was released by the Bills, he'd be a WR2 possession type on a competent team.

Unfortunately, Stevie earned his big contract and we're stuck with him. Ugh.

tumblr_li2c69qNgN1qgnsnbo1_500.gif

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie has put up rather decent numbers with Garbage Qbs throwing to him, in a system that was Meh at it's best. I would wager that if he went to another team to be the number 1 guy, and had a QB that could reliably get him the ball, he would easily eclipse 1000 yds. Better yet, i would wager that if he went to be a number 2 somewhere, he would still hit 1000 yds. The thought of Stevie being lined up with single coverage across from a #2 or 3 DB is laughable.

This isn't really plausible atm, but imagine if you would, Stevie lined up across from Calvin Johnson in a Offense that likes to throw. Hell you could probably put him on the Ravens or the Steelers right now, and he could easily contest the #1 spot.

You guys are reading way to into this. If he performs during the season, who gives 2 rats asses if he doesn't work out in the off season, and don't give me that, oh man that's why he's always injured. Most injuries that happen to the groin area have less to do with working out and more to do with twisting and turning the wrong way, something that is pretty unavoidable.

You guys are reading way to into this. If he performs during the season, who gives 2 rats asses if he doesn't work out in the off season, and don't give me that, oh man that's why he's always injured. Most injuries that happen to the groin area have less to do with working out and more to do with twisting and turning the wrong way, something that is pretty unavoidable.

Also somewhat overlooked is the point that Stevie didn't say he's a couch potato during the off season. He said he runs and plays basketball. Depending upon with whom and with what intensity he plays basketball, that may actually be a better cross-training workout than anything the OBD staff designs