Stevie Johnson doesn't workout in the offseason

ET1062

Didn't he also mention he played basketball and ran during the offseason? Is that not working out? So he isn't in the gym weight lifting everyday. Now the way he worded some parts of that interview...maybe those could have been said differently, but I think sometimes people forget that tho he is our "veteran" WR he is still young and has some maturing to do. I don't really believe for one minute he isn't giving it all he has got. You don't get to the highest level by half @ssing it. Lets just hope he learns and starts wording some thoughts a little better.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamstrings and groins go first if ur not working out which is what Stevie struggles with ,not taking anything away from his accomplishments but ....Roddy White said the same thing once essentially and after that started working out and added 400+ yards and 6 tds per year to his totals pre Jones.

This is all Chap and Mutt-Man's doing.

Chap is like Johnny Carson, and Mutt-Man is like Ed McMahon.

They've got this routine where Chap says that "This thing's SO outrageous!", and Mutt-Man asks, "How outrageous is it?"

Now, they've got a regular show, afternoons, on Spirits Radio 550.

I think they're really talented, for Buffalo, and could easily make it at a bigger station.

It's Chap especially who should be getting paid like a wide-reciever, because he's the smart one.

Chap's a huge talent and I think he could easily host a show in Cleveland or Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, for him, he's stuck in Buffalo, but he really makes the city better with his great sense of humor, and awesome interviews.

I especially like how he asks the person he is interviewing, if they have any questions for him. There is always this awkward pause that confirms how smart Chap is, in my mind.

Edited by Franz Kafka

Chap's a bigger talent than people give him credit for. I think he could easily host a show in Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

This entire post is brilliant--- particularly the above.

BRAVO

Stevie should have elaborated on not " working out". It doesn't mean he isn't training at all...mentally or physically. He was however inconsiderate to fans bc some think he does no offseason preparation at all. I see it like this. Avg career of nfl receiver is only like 4 yrs. that's only 64 games or 64 hours of work. Since I work almost as much as that in one week, each player should be damn sure their ready and workout yr round like the rest of society. Btw I'm no desk jockey.

Stevie should have elaborated on not " working out". It doesn't mean he isn't training at all...mentally or physically. He was however inconsiderate to fans bc some think he does no offseason preparation at all. I see it like this. Avg career of nfl receiver is only like 4 yrs. that's only 64 games or 64 hours of work. Since I work almost as much as that in one week, each player should be damn sure their ready and workout yr round like the rest of society. Btw I'm no desk jockey.

Thats a great point, because NFL players dont put in any work during the season besides playing the game on sunday.

If we knew that a year ago, would we have re-signed him?

Yeah, the Bills were totally unaware of Stevie's training methods and work ethic after having him around for the previous 4 years. He really pulled one over on them. Completely showed with his huge drop in production after getting that top-WR money.

The NFL is all about attitude and mental toughness. Nobody has had more key drops over the last few seasons. A stuggling franchise doesn't need these kind of statements they affect the overall atmosphere in the locker room.

Yea, that's right!!

Oh wait, I forgot about the drops Wes Welker had just a couple of weeks ago, that could have won the Pats* the AFC championship.

Yea, that's right!!

Oh wait, I forgot about the drops Wes Welker had just a couple of weeks ago, that could have won the Pats* the AFC championship.

And last year's Super Bowl.

Yeah, the Bills were totally unaware of Stevie's training methods and work ethic after having him around for the previous 4 years. He really pulled one over on them. Completely showed with his huge drop in production after getting that top-WR money.

Damn kid fooled me too! I thought he was just a knuckle head who got open. alot.

Whatever the deal with stevies ability in the field will show this season.

It's been mentioned by Hilliard ( who i like ) that SJ has his method to own get open and to a spot. They will work together to use disciplined route running and giving SJ some latitude. I am of course paraphrasing.

There is a new sheriff in town and i think he is serious about players playing Marrone ball.

They cleaned up syracuse and kept the hardworkers.

So right now coaches are "evaluating "players via tape.

Stevie was screwing around on the radio. I just cant care he came off badly.

Lets wait on this one to see how he plays.

schopp and bulldog: ive done shows w/those clowns 2 yrs straight. they should have a much greater sense of the effort i put in for Buffalo.

Expand

poodle and chap along with everyone who've witnessed me work in training camp, prac., and during games should know i give everything on SUN.

Expand

torn groin. torn ligaments in fingers. hamstring. torn rib cartilage. shoulder injuries. etc. etc. How many games have i missed? chap & mut

i don't lift weights... 'Whoopee' ill not workout for an entire year and still run circles around these keyboard olympians chap and poodle.

Collapse

my wrkouts are Uncomplicated, Simplified and Effective for Stevie Johnson. individually ive done ok. im advancing my work; hopefully it help

LORD YEEVIE@StevieJohnson13

Bert and Ernie Over chap and poodle!

https://twitter.com/StevieJohnson13

Mike Schopp@Schopptalk
    Lastly, thanks to Stevie for two interesting seasons of weekly chats except for the times he stiffed us or pretended his phone didn't work.

Expand

4h 5e1f1fb7f4e7dfd6b9289da8790262b9_normal.jpegMike Schopp@Schopptalk
    If you're getting heat from players, two things are true: You're being honest, and you matter. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Expand

As for Johnson calling me (us) out, I don't care. It's part of the job, or at least it is when you're doing the job the right way.

Expand

Any fan defending a player who openly admits giving less than his best -- for years -- is complicit in that player's team's constant losing.

Mike Schopp@Schopptalk
    Lastly, thanks to Stevie for two interesting seasons of weekly chats except for the times he stiffed us or pretended his phone didn't work.

Expand

If you're getting heat from players, two things are true: You're being honest, and you matter. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Expand

As for Johnson calling me (us) out, I don't care. It's part of the job, or at least it is when you're doing the job the right way.

Expand

Any fan defending a player who openly admits giving less than his best -- for years -- is complicit in that player's team's constant losing.

If that last tweet were true rather than an intentional dramatized mischaracterization, this would have the cold ring of truth.

Rather, it's the bloated self importance of an irrelevant chime clanging in the wind. Schopp doesn't "matter" because he's the host of a daily sports radio show and chose to publicly go off the rails over a comment made by a very public figure. Stevie knows what was said because fans tweeted the reaction at him.