Stevie Johnson doesn't workout in the offseason

ET1062

Todays NFL offseason is 2 months, max. So, I am hardly concerned.

Anyone who ever participated in athletics knows that a little bit of a break is a great thing. I ran my best races after Spring Break, did my best in wrestling after winter break, and always came out of the gates strong in the summer for football.

The rest he gets is great.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays NFL offseason is 2 months, max. So, I am hardly concerned.

Anyone who ever participated in athletics knows that a little bit of a break is a great thing. I ran my best races after Spring Break, did my best in wrestling after winter break, and always came out of the gates strong in the summer for football.

Thanks for sharing Highschool Hero! Big difference between Kenmore East and the NFL.

veeeeery disappointing, stevie

hes definitely become a leader on the team. to say something like that so casually sets a horrible precident for the rest of the team. id be furious if i were his coaches

absolutely guarantee there will be a retraction shortly

Thanks for sharing Highschool Hero! Big difference between Kenmore East and the NFL.

You're welcome, any time.

If you can't see the point that was made I don't know if you're worth responding to. If I played 10 games and was beat up after that I cannot imagine 16 games against the highest level of competition...

Still, no need to be a douche, bout it buddy. If you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all...

Wow the dude plays on 20 sundays a year. Four of them he gets almost zero time in pre season. The Bills obviously don't play past game 16. Trying to be a "celebrity" and a receiver on one of the long running joke teams in the NFL probably leaves SJ13 little time to concentrate on what pays his living costs. It's funny how some think he is great because he posted 3 thousand yards seasons in a pass happy league. Hardly a big deal these days. Zero post season awards, zero clutch catches, zero playoffs. But yea take some time off before the big charge to 6-10 again in 2013.

Jerry Rice would have been a great guest sitting opposite SJ13 in that interview. Rice's off season regiment is legendary. Probably one of the reasons he and others who work constantly at their craft are winners. To bad SJ13 is the only NFL caliber receiver on the team. Maybe that will change and we can look forward to him crying he doesn't get the ball enough.

Edited by Best Player Available

But he went on to say he realizes that the workouts might help so hes going to start doing them. And even when he wasnt doing them, he was the top producer for the team at WR. Its a moot point.

And how each athlete prepares sets NO example. They dont care what the others on the team do when they are not with the team. They care about what they do when they are WITH the team. As long as SJ shows up ready to go at workouts and in the meetings and most important, on Sunday, NOT ONE teammate gives a rats petuty what SJ is doing in January and February.

You people are !@#$ing funny....when SJ was up for a contract, you all went NUTS about how they HAD TO sign him, DESPITE all his quirks and odd behavior. But now youre all !@#$ing outraged with that behavior?

I guess you weren't here for the "Pay the Damn Man" with Fred Jackson then the subsequent "Cut Jackson" trends.

It was an absolutely insane thing to say, even by his standards.

And yet, not all that surprising given his mental makeup.

He should wake up every day thanking the football gods for the good fortune of being the tallest midget the Bills had at the position when his contract came up for renewal...

And yet, not all that surprising given his mental makeup.

He should wake up every day thanking the football gods for the good fortune of being the tallest midget the Bills had at the position when his contract came up for renewal...

Well I think he is a very, very good player, and that if he were on a prolific offense with a good passer and good defense like some of these guys, he would be a major star, even without putting the work in.

listened to the entire audio.....what a shame.....

"i usually never work out"

"only time i worked out was to get ready for the combine"

"the bills handout a booklet for offseason conditioning....i have to be honest....i just put the booklet in the drawer"

"imagine how good i could be if i did real football work"

next time he fumbles.....i'll be thinking, if he only worked out....maybe he'd have the strength to hang on to the ball

veeeeery disappointing, stevie

hes definitely become a leader on the team. to say something like that so casually sets a horrible precident for the rest of the team. id be furious if i were his coaches

absolutely guarantee there will be a retraction shortly

Seriously: Only Stevie would go to the Super Bowl looking for pub., and come out looking like an idiot.

Some people are gym rats 24/7. Some use the offseason for rest. Some do a little of both.

None of the ways in which an athlete approaches "the offseason" means they arent "giving 100%."

Johnson is a pro and whatever way he takes care of himself works. End of story. Different "thing" but Stevie Van Zandt doesnt LOOK at a guitar between Springsteen tours. Quick...burn your copies of The Sopranos!

But whats the problem here? He said hes going to start an off season program becuase he wants to do even better than he has been. That even though hes been good doing whats hes doing, he thinks hee can do better and is going to take steps to make that happen.

Thats a problem?

Wrong, any real athlete knows he should work out year around. There are times when to turn the intensity up or down but to not work out at all is negligent.

Wrong, any real athlete knows he should work out year around. There are times when to turn the intensity up or down but to not work out at all is negligent.

That is just factually incorrect.

Rest periods are part of ANY training program. For ANY sport.

Plusl, he NEVER said he sits on his ass and eats Cheetos and thats OK.

And neither did I.

listened to the entire audio.....what a shame.....

"i usually never work out"

"only time i worked out was to get ready for the combine"

"the bills handout a booklet for offseason conditioning....i have to be honest....i just put the booklet in the drawer"

"imagine how good i could be if i did real football work"

next time he fumbles.....i'll be thinking, if he only worked out....maybe he'd have the strength to hang on to the ball

How convenient of you to leave out the quotes where he said he realized he could be better and is going to start an offseason program to see if it makes a difference in his preparation.

WOW....took THREE SECONDS to Google "workout training rest" to come up with this:

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sampleworkouts/a/RestandRecovery.htm

Long-term recovery techniques refer to those that are built in to a seasonal training program. Most well-designed training schedules will include recovery days and or weeks that are built into an annual training schedule. This is also the reason athletes and coaches change their training program throughout the year, add crosstraining, modify workouts types, and make changes in intensity, time, distance and all the other training variables.

Edited by RkFast

if it ain't broke don't fix it.

If being a solidly average receiver works for him then by all means keep going Steve. He's not a game changer he's an average ass possession guy with no drive to get better. Go to hell Johnson.

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN