Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you blow a second to have a guy for 1 year? How's that a no brainer?

this. We are not some team that is a stud DB away from some serious contention. As a one year rental, it would be absolutely stupid.

Unless it would be for a 3rd or lower maybe. Hell, we squander 3rd round picks for absolutely nothing so I'd be on with a 3rd. But that's about it.

You don't trade for Revis with the intention of him being a rental. Any trade would have to be contingent on him signing a long-term deal. And while coming off surgery is always a concern, if he's in top form, he's the best CB in the league and would be worth a high first round pick to acquire. Of course we aren't one CB away from a SB, but having two shut-down corners gives Pettine a ton of options and would allow him the scheme flexibility needed to mask deficiencies at LB and SS.

GO BILLS!!!

My thoughts are that they don't get any takers. The Jets were second in pass defense last year without him, he's coming off a torn ACL and he's no AP.

My guess they'll take whatever they can get for him as unloading him is their new GM's primary concern. In fact my suspicion was that Woody hired the guy with the best plan to get his cap situation back in order, and trading revis was top of the list. The Jets have 3/4 players making 10m (I think) and no other team has that. The Jets (although they might not admit it) are in serious rebuilding mode. This whole retooling nonesense is crap and the Jets fans that aren't homers understand it.

If it were me, I'd offer a 3rd (and that's a stretch) and only if I could get at least a 3 year deal out of him for no more than 35 million, but preferably 30 million. Oh and he would have to pass a physical... Well duh.. LOL

Tim-

He (Revis) took to Twitter to voice his displeasure, saying he was “speechless” about the rumors but “more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!” Revis later tweeted: “I guess we’ll see how this plays out.”Revis has said repeatedly he wants to remain a Jet for his entire career.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/island_getaway_deal_EKmCw0lKwtZtE12DpKkPZP

This guy what a phoney. Like his holdouts must have been fun for "jets nation" and demonstrated how he wants to be a jet for his career

The Darrelle Revis hot-stove talk is just getting fired up. According to ESPN New York, one source gathered from talking to New York Jets owner Woody Johnson that the three-time first-team All-Pro is"gone."

The clamor surrounding Revis possibilities already is drawing comparisons to the free agency sweepstakes involving Reggie White in 1993 and Peyton Manning last offseason. One general manager told CBSSports.com in a Friday report that the interest in Revis could result in "one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever."

Added a second general manager, "There's a Revis gold rush forming."

What's the asking price? The Jetsreportedly are seeking an exorbitant package including first- and second-round picks. While that's shooting for the moon on a player coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and entering the final year of his contract, there is no shortage of potential trade partners. The New England Patriots,Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers,Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks andGreen Bay Packers are said to be among the teams "highly interested" in Revis.

The shut-down corner is a pipe dream for the Pats, however. The Jets aren't going to gift-wrap the AFC East to New England by handing over one of the NFL's true impact defenders.

The rich will have to find another avenue to get richer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130789/article/darrelle-revisnew-york-jets-trade-talk-heating-up

I dont know if the bills should give up a first and a second, even tho its a rumor. If the bills do trade away their first and second, I wouldnt mind if the bills try and get back into first round back or get back into second pick

I am wondering how much of this is smoke, how much is fire, and how much is mirrors.

First, Bills related, I think a lot is drawn that we have the former Jets DC. That alone would put up enough smoke to say Buffalo is interested. Combine that we have Gilmore, who is getting better - and others who are wildcards then I think there is smoke.

New England getting him, the Jets should not worry. They should not make him cheap, but it will be 2 years in a perfect situation before they'd be able to beat the Pats. NE should go all in.

San Fran is going to the Super Bowl, just can't see them being interested right now. Seattle, it's Pete Carrol, real easy to mention him in any situation because you just do not know with him. Flynn and a draft pick for Revis? Green Bay? I am not sure what is in it for them to be worth it - though he would be an upgrade. Denver could be interesting, but I do not know if they can come up with the cash, unless they just want to a 1 year deal to get them over the top to the big show.

The Jets can just as easily be floating these stories, because none of the names really stick out to say "yeah, perfect sense." They draw on a variety of teams, teams that get attention, teams that will get coverage and maybe help a phone call in to offer up something for Revis. There are nothing but smoke and mirrors in the Jets camp right now.

Was hoping I wouldn't see Buffalo in the list of teams interested.

Me too. This team's track record with established stars brought in via trade or free agency is even worse than its draft record, if that's possible. It would be a huge mistake and is absolutely the wrong way to build a playoff team.

Was hoping I wouldn't see Buffalo in the list of teams interested.

Yeah me too. The guy stinks.

Me too. This team's track record with established stars brought in via trade or free agency is even worse than its draft record, if that's possible. It would be a huge mistake and is absolutely the wrong way to build a playoff team.

Agreed. Denver made a huge mistake bringing in Peyton Manning last year.

For the Bills, I would not chase after Revis but rather be content to let him play out his contract with the Jets while we see if his play is consistent with his performance prior to his injury. Figuring you're going to pay top dollar regardless, let him hit the free agency market in 2014 and make a play there rather than surrender several high draft picks and take on the risk that he might not be what he was prior to getting hurt. If some other team wants to trade and give up a lot of high picks then good luck to them.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Yeah me too. The guy stinks.

Agreed. Denver made a huge mistake bringing in Peyton Manning last year.

No one said Revis is not any good. Just that at this point in his career, he's not worth the Jets' apparent asking price. Manning, by the way, was a free agent, so the Broncos gave up zero draft picks to get him. And of course if you can't see the difference between a franchise QB and a defensive back (albeit a very good one) then I'm not sure what else to say to you.

Edited by mannc

This is just the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Why in Hades would anyone give up a 1st round pick, much less a 1st and a 2nd, for a player IN THE FINAL YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT????

That would be STUPID, and Al Davis is dead, so it's not going to hapen.

New England traded a FOURTH for Randy Moss. Marshawn Lynch was a THIRD.

This is just the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.

Why in Hades would anyone give up a 1st round pick, much less a 1st and a 2nd, for a player IN THE FINAL YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT????

That would be STUPID, and Al Davis is dead, so it's not going to hapen.

New England traded a FOURTH for Randy Moss. Marshawn Lynch was a THIRD.

You renegotiate the contract before the trade, obviously.

You renegotiate the contract before the trade, obviously.

True, but you're still talking about a guy who's pushing 30, just came off ACL surgery and has a history of never being happy with the contract he just signed. No, thanks.

He wants $16 million a year next contract, thats why the Jets are trying to trade him before he's a FA. That's too much when we are paying Mario a big salary. If we want a CB draft one for a lot less. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1500855-jets-owner-woody-johnson-reportedly-thinks-darrelle-revis-wont-stay-with-team

Edited by independent