Denver - Baltimore

NoSaint

Joe Flacco has the best QB performance in the playoffs thus far. :lol:

In a game that relies so heavily on QB play, the QB's have been very dull for the most part (including that of the wild cards last week)

I thought Russell Wilson had a better game that Flacco did. Flacco was good though, that's for sure.

And now Kapernick is really coming on, even counting that pick six.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Justin Bannan makes an appearance and makes a good play. I thought he was underestimated with Bills and was wise pickup for Baltimore and made a play for Denver. Good career for him even if not hall of fame career.

Agreed tough guy with limited physical gifts who has had a solid career. I would happily take his depth on the Bills today.

Hats off to ravens. They outplayed broncos all day, took away Miller and confused Manning. 2 special teams plays obscured an otherwise dominant performance.

Agreed. One heck of a playoff game -- one of the best ever.

Absolutely a great game.

So watching this game I wondered if Flacco is going to hit the open market.

A couple of dumb moves (failing to realize the clock was running down twice) and lots of great deep throws. Mixed bag but he sure looked good near the end.

Edited by gjnoronh

From Tebow to Manning and the same result.

It's ALL about the QB.

People are already saying Tebow 1-1, Manning 0-1 as a Bronco & looks like we made the wrong choice at QB, Skip Bayless tweeted "Tebow Time" imagine First Take Monday Tebowmania

Does anybody learn from history. Dennis Green for Vikings = John Fox for Broncos.

30 seconds, 2 timeouts, you only need a field goal, and you have possibly the greatest quarterback in history. Plus, Flacco just showed you how fast you can gain yards.

Does anybody learn from history. Dennis Green for Vikings = John Fox for Broncos.

30 seconds, 2 timeouts, you only need a field goal, and you have possibly the greatest quarterback in history. Plus, Flacco just showed you how fast you can gain yards.

History now shows Peyton Manning for Colts = Peyton Manning for Broncos = Big Game Chump. History said he would fold in the clutch & that's exactly what he did in OT, it was only a matter of time. History says he has ONE game-winning drive in the playoffs, the odds were strongly against him ever doing that again. Elite in the regular season, NOT elite in the post-season.

Peyton Manning

Playoff Record as Starting QB (9-11): 1999 (0-1), 2000 (0-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (2-1), 2004 (1-1), 2005 (0-1), 2006 (4-0), 2007 (0-1), 2008 (0-1), 2009 (2-1), 2010 (0-1), 2012 (0-1)

Playoff Comebacks: 2006 (1)

Playoff Game-Winning Drives: 2006 (1)

Bottom line. can't put this one on Fox.

Horrid DB by Denver that will haunt this team. Rule of thumb when the other team needs a TD and it is less than 1 minute left in the game, you never, ever let the WR get past you if you have the deep coverage. It was like watching the Bills defense play this year.

Horrid DB by Denver that will haunt this team. Rule of thumb when the other team needs a TD and it is less than 1 minute left in the game, you never, ever let the WR get past you if you have the deep coverage. It was like watching the Bills defense play this year.

Seems so easy. Defensive minded coaches, champ bailey in the secondary - lots of people that could've given a friendly reminder..... Nope.

History now shows Peyton Manning for Colts = Peyton Manning for Broncos = Big Game Chump. History said he would fold in the clutch & that's exactly what he did in OT, it was only a matter of time. History says he has ONE game-winning drive in the playoffs, the odds were strongly against him ever doing that again. Elite in the regular season, NOT elite in the post-season.

Peyton Manning

Playoff Record as Starting QB (9-11): 1999 (0-1), 2000 (0-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (2-1), 2004 (1-1), 2005 (0-1), 2006 (4-0), 2007 (0-1), 2008 (0-1), 2009 (2-1), 2010 (0-1), 2012 (0-1)

Playoff Comebacks: 2006 (1)

Playoff Game-Winning Drives: 2006 (1)

Bottom line. can't put this one on Fox.

So, you're saying that if Fox actually had a good quarterback, like Joe Flacco, he would have gone for the seemingly impossible (to him) - 45 yards or so in 30 seconds with 2 timeouts?

Flacco is playing himself for a huge payday. They're never going to let him hit the open market.

Baltimore is a very smart organization. The guys they let walk seldom perform well elsewhere. Not unlike another perennial AFC playoff team that happens to be in our division. If they were to let Flacco hit the FA market, which they won't, it would be "buyer beware".

The Ravens have two LB's playing with injuries that should have kept them out for months longer...I think we need their doctor in Buffalo.

He may be just across the border in Canada.

So, you're saying that if Fox actually had a good quarterback, like Joe Flacco, he would have gone for the seemingly impossible (to him) - 45 yards or so in 30 seconds with 2 timeouts?

Maybe if he still had a winner like Tebow too.. :D

Game was over after the Ravens tied the game on that ridiculous bomb... like I said, it was just a matter of time before P-Gump screwed up. Might as well be safe, let the clock run, & hope that someone on D or ST (again!) makes a play in OT. Sure can't single-handedly blame him for the loss, but he's just not clutch in the playoffs, not at all. :( When discussing the greatest QBs of all time, he is below the top, looking up at the very best of the best.

Nope.

NE certainly has a good chance, but your assumption is pretty ridiculous considering the 49ers just beat NE a few weeks ago and the Ravens have played NE very tough in the playoffs in recent years.

No, he's saying that if Fox actually had a good QB, his secondary wouldn't have had one of the worst breakdowns in playoff history. :rolleyes:

I guess its similar to the OJ thing. Can you still admire his playing career without taking into account the fact he murdered two people and got away with it?

A valid comment, but there are a couple of differences: OJ's alledged crime took place after his playing days were over. And after all was said and done, OJ wasn't embraced as a media darling - unlike Lewis, who will be on a pregame show next year. In fact, it seems that OJ's onfield accomplishments have been/still are largely ignored by most talking heads...

EDIT: typo correction

Edited by Campy

Maybe if he still had a winner like Tebow too.. :D

Game was over after the Ravens tied the game on that ridiculous bomb... like I said, it was just a matter of time before P-Gump screwed up. Might as well be safe, let the clock run, & hope that someone on D or ST (again!) makes a play in OT. Sure can't single-handedly blame him for the loss, but he's just not clutch in the playoffs, not at all. :( When discussing the greatest QBs of all time, he is below the top, looking up at the very best of the best.

Yes, beacuse Manning "screws up" so often. He made a bad throw. Still an amazing QB, one of the best ever. It was apparent he has lost some zip on his throws (multiple neck surgeries take their toll) and it cost him in that situation. He probably thought he could zip it in there. He did enough to win, however. The defense cost them that game. But keep telling yourself that PM is not one of the greatest of all time. Not many would agree with you.

P-Gump declined CBS interview after the game, wtf... oh well, enough fun, time for Packers-Niners.

Man, you are some special kind of freakin' idiot. Do you LIKE the Pats* or something?

NE certainly has a good chance, but your assumption is pretty ridiculous considering the 49ers just beat NE a few weeks ago and the Ravens have played NE very tough in the playoffs in recent years.

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I don't think it's a "ridiculous" assumption.

Yes, beacuse Manning "screws up" so often. He made a bad throw. Still an amazing QB, one of the best ever. It was apparent he has lost some zip on his throws (multiple neck surgeries take their toll) and it cost him in that situation. He probably thought he could zip it in there. He did enough to win, however. The defense cost them that game. But keep telling yourself that PM is not one of the greatest of all time. Not many would agree with you.

Man, you are some special kind of freakin' idiot. Do you LIKE the Pats* or something?

He has some bizarre facination with the Mannings. They must have beaten him up when they were kids or something.

You're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine. I don't think it's a "ridiculous" assumption.

Yes I am, and assuming that any team that still has to win 3 playoff games has already been 'awarded the Lombardi trophy' is pretty high on the ridiculous scale.