Denver - Baltimore

NoSaint

Manning wins in the cold.

For all the 0-3 in the playoffs in the cold talk, I noticed few mentioned that if he was in a playoff game in the cold it had to be against a pretty darn good team (higher seeded then the always well seeded colts) and going on the road.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning wins in the cold.

For all the 0-3 in the playoffs in the cold talk, I noticed few mentioned that if he was in a playoff game in the cold it had to be against a pretty darn good team (higher seeded then the always well seeded colts) and going on the road.

I didn't see any pre game show specify where the 3 games he lost below 40 degrees took place, but venturing a guess I would say at least 2 of them were in Foxboro and probably against a #1 Pats team. Did he lose a divisional game in Denver too?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on NFL.com. Lost a wild card game to the #4 Jets in Jan 2003, then to the Pats in 2004 (#1) and 2005 (#2). Manning's Colts were #5, #2 and #3 respectively

Edited by JM57

I didn't see any pre game show specify where the 3 games he lost below 40 degrees took place, but venturing a guess I would say at least 2 of them were in Foxboro and probably against a #1 Pats team. Did he lose a divisional game in Denver too?

I believe one was the jets

Couldn't be rooting harder for Peyton , and against that stabbing "hero" Lewis.

I get the distaste, but its funny how for nearly a decade, the stabbing was an afterthought and then all of a sudden when he gets ready to retire and people are celebrating his playing career ON the field, everyone gets self righteous and wants to bring up things from OFF the field again

I get the distaste, but its funny how for nearly a decade, the stabbing was an afterthought and then all of a sudden when he gets ready to retire and people are celebrating his playing career ON the field, everyone gets self righteous and wants to bring up things from OFF the field again

In my defense I was never a huge fan of stabbing.

In my defense I was never a huge fan of stabbing.

I guess its similar to the OJ thing. Can you still admire his playing career without taking into account the fact he murdered two people and got away with it?