If you could cherry pick any 2 NFL players.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pick any two "non-QB's" and we still are NOT making the playoffs....

say you have fitz throwing to megatron (i'm laughing at the thought) and patrick willis, jj watt or revis on defense.....

NOTHING changes until you get a FRANCHISE QB !!!!!

Von Miller: incredible penetration/pressure machine. Classic leverage and strength advantage who brings it full 60 minutes.

Luke kuechly: young, fast, smart, playmakerl, sideline to sideline tackling machine, 3 down LB that can cover.

Add those 2 and we're sniffing one of best defenses ever.

2 guys are going to turn one of the worst defenses into "one of the best defenses ever"?? Whatever.

Watt and Megatron.

Surpised Matthews is getting any votes at all.

2 guys are going to turn one of the worst defenses into "one of the best defenses ever"?? Whatever.

Watt and Megatron.

Surpised Matthews is getting any votes at all.

That's how i see it. 2 players is nearly 1/5th of your personel on the field. You replace 2 weak links with 2 studs its a huge difference. The defense got off to a rough start buy showed real signs of improvement, then tapered off again somewhat when the whole team quit on chan, so I dont much stock in that.

Think of some of the best all time defenses like tampas super bowl: replace studs like sapp and derrick brooks with marginal players , big difference.

Now specifically of our defense: miller on one side, Mario on the other gives us the 2-headed monster of pressure from both sides (Anderson was never that other guy) kuechly gives the run support we're desperately lacking, and he has excellent coverage skills, countering TEs. Again something we don't have. So now opposition has a less effective run game, and QB has less time to pass. Gilmore takes on the oppositions #1 we, Byrd gets more free lance ability to make INTs, and mckelvin doesn't need to cover guys as long down field. big big difference

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think I'd also have to go with

Calvin Johnson and Aldon Smith

Although AJ Green wouldn't be bad. Dez Bryant. Von Miller. Adrian Peterson. Patrick Willis.

Guys I think are over rated that I wouldn't have anything to do with include

Revis, Gronk, Clay Mathews, Wilfork, and even though I don't think he's that over rated, I do think he is a little, JJ Watt

Edited by mrags