If you could cherry pick any 2 NFL players.

I learned a valuable lesson here: a solid half of this board never reads past the subject line based on all the qb answers!

Normally crayonz posts would remind me, but this thread ended up good for that - even if the football talk was totally nonexistent.

I went though the same thing when I asked this same question before. They will not stop posting QB's even if they read the OP. I am going to quit reading this thread how many Rodgers/Johnson posts do I need to see?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/131427-if-you-could-cherry-pick-any-two-players-from-the-nfl/page__hl__anchorage?do=findComment&comment=2184977

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went though the same thing when I asked this same question before. They will not stop posting QB's even if they read the OP. I am going to quit reading this thread how many Rodgers/Johnson posts do I need to see?

http://forums.twobil...ge#entry2184977

Perhaps in the future you could name the thread:

NOT INCLUDING QUARTERBACKS…

I probably would have noticed that although I say probably.

OMG.... fine then.

A.J. Green

Clay Matthews

http://forums.twobil...ge#entry2184977

I'm going to take my bat and ball and go home. :cry:

There's an old saying....actually I just made it up but.....the old saying goes....Don't blame the hammer if you are the tool. I don't know how applicable it is in this situation though.

JJ Watt and Aldon Smith.

Close considerations to Gronk and Calvin Johsnon, but we dont have a QB to make use of them currnetly!

PS: is it sad that most of the players we are listing we passed on in the draft?

Edited by peterpan

Willis is indeed a top LB.

Any team trying to run vs. SF has to prioritize blocking Willis. If he is unblocked you are getting stuffed. Very hard to block both him and Bowman and running up the middle is going to generate a bunch of 3rd-and-longs.

Willis is pretty good in coverage; he won't make a lot of big plays (INTs, sacks) but that 5-yard-over-the-middle pass isn't gaining more than 5 yards with Willis wrapping up.

True. The Bills wanted both. They did end up with Lynch, who has turned out to be one of the better players in the entire NFL.

Not true. Marv Levy said after the draft that they weren't going to take Willis anyway. I remember it vividly because I couldn't believe he said it and Willis was my favorite player in college the year before.

Marv was pretty rough at talent evaluation

Not true. Marv Levy said after the draft that they weren't going to take Willis anyway. I remember it vividly because I couldn't believe he said it and Willis was my favorite player in college the year before.

From what I remember Marv's comment was that they had three players targeted at the pick and all three were still there, so they took their top one, who was lynch.

I was shocked. This draft had Joe Thomas, Peterson, and Willis in it, and Lynch is ranked above those guys? WTF!!!!