What should the Bills do at #8?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the other playoff teams in post season action, it's clear Fitzpatrick's skill level is inferior to those who made it to the playoffs. He's serviceable - nothing more.

I would argue that Fitz as good or better than Ponder or Webb and Dalton. Ponder has AP and decent D and Dalton has AJ Green and really good defense. Poor Fitz had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and SJ, Donald Jones, Graham, and Brad Smith to throw to.

It looks like linemen dominate the top of the list of prospects, which imo is a good thing because we should be able to grab the best overall inside linebacker which should be Manti Te'o or Alec Ogletree and I'd be thrilled with either. I'd also be happy with the CB Dee Miliner which would give us two young studs at corner like the Jets with Revis and Cromartie. Looking at the success of guys like Kaepernick and Russell Wilson we should definitely wait and take a QB in the second like Nassib or my personal favorite EJ Manuel. Only 101 more days...

I think there are any number of "blue chip" players at positions of need such as qb and linebacker, so I would think we'd be wise to take the best one available at 8. Now on the other hand there are some remarkable and very high quality offensive linemen in the draft and I could see us grabbing an excellent left tackle or center in the draft, including the center/gaurd/tackle who plays for Alabama if he is a senior. That boy can do everything a lineman is supposed to do.

I think there are any number of "blue chip" players at positions of need such as qb and linebacker, so I would think we'd be wise to take the best one available at 8. Now on the other hand there are some remarkable and very high quality offensive linemen in the draft and I could see us grabbing an excellent left tackle or center in the draft, including the center/gaurd/tackle who plays for Alabama if he is a senior. That boy can do everything a lineman is supposed to do.

i wouldn't be opposed to a stud OL. give even an average QB 5-6 seconds to throw and he'll rip an opposing defense apart.

i wouldnt be shocked to see the bills take jarvis jones at 8 if hes there. hed probably be BPA at that pick and would give pettine a LB to rush and make the bills front 7 a really good pass rushing unit. we will get mark anderson back next year too so that should be another upgrade too

I would trade Spiller for a 1st and a 2nd in a heartbeat. There's no one irreplaceable on this team (yet). Plus, the right line can make any RB look good.

Geez, the Bills took him at #9 overall, suffered through his first few years to where he is now poised to become a big impact player and you want to trade him for just a 1st and a 2nd?

Crazyness man. To get Spiller now Nix better need at least a couple in the first, including one pretty damn high.

Buffalo cannot use the 8th pick on a QB! None of these QBs in the draft are worthy of that pick. Frankly, I don't know how many are first rounders. There will be a QB available to the Bills in the 2nd rd. Solidify your offensive line by getting a left tackle. Move Cordy Glenn to the right side. Resign Levitre. Glennon, Wilson, Bray or Nassib are almost sure to be had in 2nd.

'

Why would anyone move Glenn to RT. He played LT for the Bills for 14 games and did very well. Glenn is the LT of this team for the foreseeable future. We have enough holes in other places to fill.

I would argue that Fitz as good or better than Ponder or Webb and Dalton. Ponder has AP and decent D and Dalton has AJ Green and really good defense. Poor Fitz had one of the worst defenses in the NFL and SJ, Donald Jones, Graham, and Brad Smith to throw to.

He can't make all the throws. He can't make 50% of the throws in a normal playbook. He's not better than dalton or Ponder for that matter. He's a QB that get rid of the ball quickly and throw 1-10 yards downfield. Too easy to gameplan against. Ponder and dalton can make the intermediate to long throws. It's a severe handicap when discussing being a competent QB.

He can't make all the throws. He can't make 50% of the throws in a normal playbook. He's not better than dalton or Ponder for that matter. He's a QB that get rid of the ball quickly and throw 1-10 yards downfield. Too easy to gameplan against. Ponder and dalton can make the intermediate to long throws. It's a severe handicap when discussing being a competent QB.

+1. When opponents figured out the gimmicks added to the play calling and took away those plays, Fitz couldn't make the throws when necessary. The play that got him a lot of yards was the quick slant to Chandler or the Screen passes to the RBs.

+1. When opponents figured out the gimmicks added to the play calling and took away those plays, Fitz couldn't make the throws when necessary.

Which is another way of saying "@ best he's a backup". Its shocking that he still has supporters on this board. That "buffalo guy" thing really connected with them.

'

Why would anyone move Glenn to RT. He played LT for the Bills for 14 games and did very well. Glenn is the LT of this team for the foreseeable future. We have enough holes in other places to fill.

Because, Ganesh, the Bills RT position isn't as solid as one would think. If you can get the best LT in the draft and move Glenn to the right side the Bills will have the most dominate line in the league providing they resign Levitre.

Because, Ganesh, the Bills RT position isn't as solid as one would think. If you can get the best LT in the draft and move Glenn to the right side the Bills will have the most dominate line in the league providing they resign Levitre.

I just don't see Glenn as a RT in this league. Also, if the Bills are weak at the RT position, why not draft a replacement for that.

Which is another way of saying "@ best he's a backup". Its shocking that he still has supporters on this board. That "buffalo guy" thing really connected with them.

No. It was the "beard"

Not Man Ti Teo. He does not have a lot of athletcism or speed for the #8 spot. I remember a few years ago how everyone wanted Poz when the Bills selected 4 picks lower at #12. He ended up going at #34... 2nd round. When the individual workouts and combine conclude, I think it will be clear he is no Keuchly. Now, I don't think he'll slide to the 2nd round, but he certainly could slide to the low 20s... and I've already seen a mock draft that has him around 15.

There are so many really good defensive players in this years draft even though we do need a QB i hope & pray we go defense !

Alex Okafor, Berkavious Wingo, just to name a few that will go in the first round. Can you imagine Okafor to mirror Williams on our front 4 of the D ? A player like him can change your franchise look at JPP.

He would be a lot cheaper with a lot higher upside than the other guy that we picked up from NE that made such an impact that i can't remember his name ??

Seeing as this year the QB's in the draft are mediocre at best i hope that we at least wait until the second round to get one & take a first year impact player to add to our D .

Defense wins championships it was proven by what the Ravens did to the Pats this year, shut them out in the second half .

Although i don't see this happening we can all have our own personal ray of hope & this would be mine for this years draft !!

Beside Pettine would dig that pick !!!

Quarterback is the one position that HAS to be changed here.

However, as it has been debated over and over, the 8th spot might not be the best position to select this years QB.

So...........you make your coaching/administrative decision, and if your league sources indicate that the QB that you want will still be there in the second, you grab the best defensiveimpact player that you can in the first (as the OP suggests) and your QB in the second.

If you have any doubt that your QB won't be there, then you reach and take him in the first.

But the QB cannot still be Fitz.........there has to be a new starter.