What should the Bills do at #8?

Why? Admittedly, I've only seen one game, but the guy can make all the throws. He had a 60 yard bomb thrown to hit the receiver IN STRIDE. He was throwing it wherever he wanted to, but the receivers didn't always catch it. Still he ended the season with 46 TDs and only 6 INTs with a 71% completion percentage. He's 6'3" 214lbs. They lost a bunch of games, but their defense was horrible. The guy could have jumped to a better program too, but didn't.

He has the build. He has the accuracy. He has the arm. And only 6 INTs tells me he makes good decisions. What are his flaws?

I'm saying if he was there at 8, I'd take him. Take Nassib at 40 too if you want, but we need QBs.

Don't bother with Geno haters. They have absolutely nothing in the way of evidence to support their case. They just "know" in their heart of hearts he will suck.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nassib will be long gone by the 4th round.

That's okay by me

I think we should stay put and draft Tyler Wilson. IMO he's the only QB worth a darn. I don't care about trading down so we get an extra pick, or taking someone too high. I like him and hope they draft him.

Agree 100 % :thumbsup: I would be happy as a clam that the Bills are actually taking the QB situation seriously.

If they don't go QB then I would love Datone jones from UCLA. Have had the priviledge of watching him here in SoCal and I think he, along with Dion Jordan are the two best pass rushers in the draft.

I would have that empty sick feeling :sick: , like when we took Whitner and Maybin, if we took Mike Glennon or Alec Ogletree. Just don't think they deserve to go in the top 8.

Yea that short deep ball was unimpressive. I gotta say I didn't care for most of these guys today. Glennon has upside but scares me, perhaps FSUs offense didn't really let Ej Manuel wing it, I'm almost fine with him in 2nd round if he lasts that long after this performance.

I'm trying to talk myself into the MattBarkley era though, I think there's a 50% chance that's our guy, he can fling it around quick sharp passes for marrones system.

why is it....

if KC, Philly or Arizona pick a QB ahead of us.....they will say it was a smart move.....

if they all pass on a qb and Buffalo uses the #8 pick on a QB.....they will say it was a dumb move......

Isn't the answer in your own question....If the folks ahead of you don't pick a player, isn't there a legitimate concern about the player ?

He looked like Trent Edwards today.

Which one, the pre-Cardinals-Concussion Edwards or the post-I-am-scared-but-DJ-wants-me-to-run-nohuddle-offense Edwards ?

I think if the Bills stay at 8 they need to draft a player that will have an immediate impact on the field. IMO the only QB that will immediately have a positive impact is Smith and I don't think he'll slip to us. If the Bills strongly feel Wilson or Nassib can be that guy then I'm 100% behind it, I just don't see it.

Think Fisher could make our line dominant for a long time (assuming we resign AL).

Milliner with Gilmore would give Pettine alot of flexibility and a green light to bring pressure from all angles.

Another pass rusher like D. Jordan/J. Jones opposite MW sounds scary as well...

I think if the Bills stay at 8 they need to draft a player that will have an immediate impact on the field. IMO the only QB that will immediately have a positive impact is Smith and I don't think he'll slip to us. If the Bills strongly feel Wilson or Nassib can be that guy then I'm 100% behind it, I just don't see it.

Think Fisher could make our line dominant for a long time (assuming we resign AL).

Milliner with Gilmore would give Pettine alot of flexibility and a green light to bring pressure from all angles.

Good post.

Agree, BPA in round one. One of the seven QBs will be there in round two. The Bills need immediate starters with pro bowl potential over reaching for development QB.

Agree, BPA in round one. One of the seven QBs will be there in round two. The Bills need immediate starters with pro bowl potential over reaching for development QB.

Seems like this may be borderline blasphemy on this board but I'm ok without taking a qb in this draft or maybe a 4th or 5th on Manuel or Bray if Whaley/Marrone/Hackett think their franchise qb is in next years draft between Bridgewater, Murray, McCarron and Boyd

Agree with this post. I would add Warmack of Levitre leaves. It would be an improvement to an already strong position

Seems like this may be borderline blasphemy on this board but I'm ok without taking a qb in this draft or maybe a 4th or 5th on Manuel or Bray if Whaley/Marrone/Hackett think their franchise qb is in next years draft between Bridgewater, Murray, McCarron and Boyd

Finally, someone with football acumen!

Agree with this post. I would add Warmack of Levitre leaves. It would be an improvement to an already strong position

No, resign Levitre! Why waste draft pick on position of strength? The tackle opposite Cordy was suspect at best. Get Joeckle/Fisher, move back get Lane Johnson.

No, resign Levitre! Why waste draft pick on position of strength? The tackle opposite Cordy was suspect at best. Get Joeckle/Fisher, move back get Lane Johnson.

Well, you have two Guards. Its not as if Warmack wouldn't play even if we did resign Levitre. Not really in favor of the pick but just saying.

This guy has Bills taking WR Patterson @

I'm on board with WR first. I think our offense has much more of a talent deficiency than our defense, which suffers from more of a coaching problem. Besides Stevie our WRs are barely more than camp bodies.

Well, you have two Guards. Its not as if Warmack wouldn't play even if we did resign Levitre. Not really in favor of the pick but just saying.

I'm on board with WR first. I think our offense has much more of a talent deficiency than our defense, which suffers from more of a coaching problem. Besides Stevie our WRs are barely more than camp bodies.

Just begs the questions though who's going to throw the ball to them?