Dr Andrews/Mike Shanahan at odds over RGIII injury

papazoid

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Andrews says RG3 was never cleared to re-enter game

http://profootballta...-re-enter-game/

Even though this is about last month's game, yesterday it was obvious that RGIII was in pain. Especially when he scrambled to the left sideline for a first down, he was limping. Having seen him sprint and cut in earlier games this season, it was evident he is not the same physically. I was hoping that he had been cleared to continue playing but if I am the coach, I err on the safe side and take him out. The play when his knee sorta buckled was also cringe-inducing. It was apparent that it didnt take much to have that knee give out from under him. Aikman was also calling for Cousins in the 3rd quarter. Would have been a wise and safe choice.

Even though this is about last month's game, yesterday it was obvious that RGIII was in pain. Especially when he scrambled to the left sideline for a first down, he was limping. Having seen him sprint and cut in earlier games this season, it was evident he is not the same physically. I was hoping that he had been cleared to continue playing but if I am the coach, I err on the safe side and take him out. The play when his knee sorta buckled was also cringe-inducing. It was apparent that it didnt take much to have that knee give out from under him. Aikman was also calling for Cousins in the 3rd quarter. Would have been a wise and safe choice.

Is a 100% healthy Kirk Cousins a better choice then RGIII at 50 to 60%? Absolutely, if keeping RGIII in the game caused an aggravation of an injury that will prevent him playing a full season Shanny should be fired.

People are saying torn ACL and PCL. 14-18 month recovery time and 2013 is in jeopardy for RGIII.

Link?

Latest update I saw is that there is "a difference of opinion" over whether the MRI shows any new damage vs. old changes. He's going back to Andrews tomorrow to seetle the issue.

http://www.washingto...l-mri-suggests/

The MRI exam of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III's right knee suggested that Griffin has suffered partial tears of his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments, according to several people with knowledge of the test results.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said Griffin is scheduled to be examined Tuesday in Pensacola, Fla., by orthopedic surgeon James Andrews to determine whether the test results show new or previous injuries.

It was not immediately clear whether surgery would be required or how long Griffin would be sidelined if the partial ligament tears are determined to be fresh injuries. Griffin suffered a torn ACL in the same knee in 2009 while he was in college at Baylor, and has been playing in recent weeks with a mild sprain of the LCL.

One person with knowledge of the situation said Griffin might have to undergo exploratory surgery to determine the extent of the damage and whether the injuries are new. Another said Griffin hopes to avoid full-blown reconstructive surgery if the tears are partial, even if they are new injuries.

A third person familiar with the case, asked whether the ligament damage is new or a matter of previous injuries showing up on Griffin’s MRI, said: “That’s what we’re trying to find out.”

Edited by syhuang

Link?

Latest update I saw is that there is "a difference of opinion" over whether the MRI shows any new damage vs. old changes. He's going back to Andrews tomorrow to seetle the issue.

Maybe they should just ask Shanahan what he thinks.

it's very possible that washington LIED about the severity of his injuries from a month ago......

and that he was going to need surgery at the end of the season anyways.....

"if" there were new injuries yesterday, that may or may not have changed the recovery time......

we surely haven't heard the end of this.....

the player willingly wanting to "man up" provided the coach with enough wiggle room to put him in.....

Is a 100% healthy Kirk Cousins a better choice then RGIII at 50 to 60%? Absolutely.

This is what I was saying during the game. At what point do you say RG at 70% < Cousins? 60% < Cousins? It looked obvious to me that RG couldn't do jack squat running or passing. What's the point of leaving him in when Cousins has done well in relief? the bigger question though, is why not feed Morris. he only got 16 carries for 80 yards. Chanlike. With RG hurt, why not feed Morris and limit what RG does? Seemed to work vs Dallas. Seemed to be working on the first 2 drives.

Maybe now is a good time for RG and Shanahan to consider him becoming a pocket passer?

Edited by reddogblitz