Buffalo Bills fire Head Coach Chan Gailey

scribo

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

That doesn't sound like a man with a future in the organization.

Nope. He's outta here based on that comment. And he deserves it too. As much as I have praised what Nix has done for the OL, it was more of the same in terms of the draft.

Interesting reaction from Nix:

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

I disagree Buddy - you didn't identify a decent QB and for that Chan paid and most likely you will pay. A head coach and/or GM is only as good as their QB. As goes the QB, so goes the HC/GM.

Sorry, loved Chan as a person and straight talker, but clearly not the answer. Buff News was right, the teams lack of Defnese did him in. I would even argue his Offense did him in ... and he was an "offensive guru".

I agree with Nix's dissatisfaction and that you can't keep turning over coaching staffs every 3 years but play of the team, lack of adjustments, and decision making on both sides of the ball left no other choice. Bills just reeked of poor coaching this year.

Thought the offensive line coach deserved to stay. Live as a team, die as a team, I guess.

It's a pro forma firing of the entire staff. The new HC deserves to bring in his own guys.

One of those I do wish he'd retain is the OL coach, actually both OL coaches did a great job.

Edited by Nanker

I still don't understand why you opt to kick when you win the toss and you have the worst defense in the league. Then in press conference, you say that the game situation dictated that you couldn't run the ball.

<smack forehead>

yes---^----this x1,000,000,000,000...

Chan being classy:

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Gailey: "this will be the first place that ever fired me that I'll pull for."

Somehow, I don't see that as classy at all.

From the press conf.:

"This'll probably be -- and I say 'probably,' but I think it will be -- the first place that's ever fired me that I'll pull for. Thank you."

Thanks for trying, Chan.

This.

Thought the offensive line coach deserved to stay. Live as a team, die as a team, I guess.

New Coach HAS TO be able to bring in his own men. There are occasional exceptions, but its really the only way.