Buffalo Bills fire Head Coach Chan Gailey

scribo

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really had high hopes for him and Wanny, but after witnessing what we did this year...this had to happen.

Hopefully they won't wait to try and get a good candidate in here so they're picking through the trash heap after all the other teams went out and signed their guy.

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

That doesn't sound like a man with a future in the organization.

Exactly, he is gone.

I really liked Chan's play design, but not the other aspects of his performance. Whether due to him, the O-Line coaching or whatever, we saw the best O-Line play we've had in over a decade and I fear a return to the recent past horrors. I'd love to have Chan as a offensive consultant.

Re: the other teams looking for a coach: I sure hope we choose early in the coach draft and land the best talent.

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

That doesn't sound like a man with a future in the organization.

Wasn't this a midseason quote? I am not sure he can't just eat his words since the rest of the season went so poorly. We'll see.

Chan's Grades

NFL Head Coach responsibilities

C- Selection of Coordinators and staff

C- Game-planning

D in-game adjustments (in concert with O and D coordinators)

C Team Discipline

B- Choosing who to play from roster

C- Team motivation

Offensive Coordinator responsibilities

A- Play Design

I typed this fast guys. What did i miss?

As has been mentioned, I wish Chan well because he seems like a good guy, but he just wasn't getting it done. He's not quite cut out for the HC role. He actually got a lot done on offense considering how terrible Fitzpatrick is (did he complete a pass beyond 15 yards all season?), but inconsistency and the misuse of Spiller are errors that reaaaally stuck out this season.

Wasn't this a midseason quote? I am not sure he can't just eat his words since the rest of the season went so poorly. We'll see.

Good question. It was included on a Buffalo News story, so I assumed it was current. If not, then it was poorly presented.

Watching the video of Chan at the post game presser, he seemed almost happy and relieved. He seemed at peace as if he knew his fate but he wanted to savor the final victory.

It was a completely different man then we saw int the previous 3 weeks post game pressers.

It was like a great weight had been lifted off him. He repeated his line that he wanted the team to win for the fans and for themselves.

A humble, self-effacing man who wasn't up to the job.

Wishing Chan nothing but the best.