Buffalo Bills fire Head Coach Chan Gailey

scribo

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this imply Wannstedt also? I feel his job on defense was the worst part of the team this past year. He also does not have the "good guy" image that Gailey has, so even though I feel that Gailey tried hard and deserves to be treated with respect, I have less of those feelings in regard to Wannstedt.

Yes, Wanny would likely be gone too.... New HC usually brings his own guys

Thanks for your efforts Chan. I liked you a lot more in the 2010 and most of the 2011 season. Somewhere along the way you turned into a Dick Jauron-style decision maker. Got to take chances and do your own thing. You also needed to kick Wannstedt in the ass instead of leaving him alone on his island. That's what a head coach would have done.

Does this imply Wannstedt also? I feel his job on defense was the worst part of the team this past year. He also does not have the "good guy" image that Gailey has, so even though I feel that Gailey tried hard and deserves to be treated with respect, I have less of those feelings in regard to Wannstedt.

I actually think Dave Wannstedt is a person with a lot of character. He just didn't get the job done from a coaching perspective. With a head coach leaving, assistants will be gone as well.

That, at least, makes this season bearable! However, there are apparently LOTS of H.C.'s being fired - Bears, Carolina, K.C., Philly, S.D., Cleveland, and Buffalo. There could be more. So, which teams are more desirable for potential coaches? Certainly S.D., Chicago, Philly, and Carolina. K.C. and Cleveland are about on par with us. I'd guess Gruden to Philly, and Cowher to Carolina. I don't know how extensive the list is of H.C.'s who we would WANT to have, but I'm going to begin making one.

Honestly!! As unrealistic as this sounds, I wish he could be retained as the O.C.

I think he could do well in that capacity under the direction of the right head coach. Chan is not a head coach he is a coordinator.

Well, I hope Nix is safe.

“The age-old thing – and they’ve done it around here for years – is to start over about every three years,” Nix said. “What that does is make damn sure you don’t make it. ... You change every three years and you never quite get there. That’s my take.”

That doesn't sound like a man with a future in the organization.