Ralph Wilson in town according to Sullivan's Twitter

TheFunPolice

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Wood@EWood70

@TBNSully: Hear Ralph Wilson was in buffalo for team holiday party at hotel Lafayette last night” that is confirmed. He looked great

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana

Confirmed Ralph Wilson was at Bills holiday party last night. Does that mean he's at game Sunday? Does that mean he's in town to drop ax?

PTR

Hopefully he's in town to watch his last game as owner of the Bills. Fitting way to go out.

Think back to Thurmond Thomas's tweet last week when he said he had HUGE (positive) news but wasn't "at liberty to discuss it yet." He wasn't refering to a new coach, that's for sure.

Perhaps something is happening with ownership/control. Hope so!

Mike

I don't think he would make the trip just for a holiday party. There's been a lot of rumors the past few days and now this seems a strong sign there's a fire behind the smoke.

He likes to attend games, and hasn't been in good enough health. Very possible that its the last chance to see a game, visit with everyone etc.... for an extended period, that hes feeling good and (forgive me for this) he realizes at his age "ill do it next year" isn't certain anymore.

Edited by NoSaint

https://twitter.com/TBNSully

If this is true than this is great news on a lot of levels. It virtually assures that Chan is gone (since Ralph is apparently involved).

Also, I'm glad to hear he can get out and about.

He's here cause theres a fruit cocktail sale at wegmans.

Think back to Thurmond Thomas's tweet last week when he said he had HUGE (positive) news but wasn't "at liberty to discuss it yet." He wasn't refering to a new coach, that's for sure.

Perhaps something is happening with ownership/control. Hope so!

Mike

Dunno about Thurmond but Thurman Thomas has been mentioned

Probably has dumped the team to dodge the 55% estate tax in 2013. From 35 to 55% is a big deal.

...With the nonsense in DC I doubt Ralph's advisors have any clue what the tax rates will be next week on anyone. I go with the idea he wanted to come back and see his friends knowing with his age and health he might not get another chance. :(

Probably has dumped the team to dodge the 55% estate tax in 2013. From 35 to 55% is a big deal.

Really good point - that's actually very significant.

...With the nonsense in DC I doubt Ralph's advisors have any clue what the tax rates will be next week on anyone. I go with the idea he wanted to come back and see his friends knowing with his age and health he might not get another chance. :(

Companies and rich elderly are dumping left and right - whatever the final result on taxes, all the money is betting there will be significant increases in estate and capital gains taxes.

Unless he passes by New Year's Eve, why would this make a difference?

I think if he gifts the team to his children, than he would only pay the 35% tax rate if its done this year. The children would then have the asset at the current value and would only have to pay capital gains on the difference of value when they sell. So on a team worth ~800 Million, the savings would be ~160 Million dollars.

So he could gift the team to his kids with the understanding that they should sell it when he passes. He can then be hired in a role which has ultimate control of the team assuming his children go by his wishes. Or they can appoint someone else to be in charge, but he still is the master who ultimately tells what the team should do. His kids can always fire people if they do not do what Ralph wants.

I'm just speculating here, but it seems feasible to save a ton of money.