Ralph Wilson in town according to Sullivan's Twitter

TheFunPolice

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats only if she keeps the team and doesn't sell or auction.

When his wife sells, capital gains tax will be due. I'd bet that that a 25% capital gains tax would be preferable to either a 35% or 55% estate tax. After the team is sold, there are ways to pass the sales proceeds to his other heirs while avoiding further taxes.

The estate tax might be an issue if Ralph wanted to keep the Bills in his family, but I don't believe it is as along as he's planning to sell the team.

It's very possible this might be exactly what happens.

It wouldn't shock me at all if that were the case. The Thurman tweet is probably no big deal. TBD is crying for change and I kinda hope the Bills don't change anything just to see the reaction of the posters on this sight.

I'll definately have my popcorn ready.

I'd say from what's out there it's bordering on a coin flip.

With the mess that is sports journalism - Thurman's tweet and a little guess work could've spiraled into an article, and now 8 other guys are reporting on that article acting like they have a source, then every word is viewed through the lense of "everyone's reporting this already - I bet it's another sign." The three things we know is nix tends to shoot things pretty straight and likes continuity unless a better option is clearly available, the last month sucked, and there is VERY LITTLE in the way of leaks in Ralph's inner circle. From there it's all guess work.

Mr. Wilson being in town only fans the flames. But he's here for the Bills Christmas party.

"hilarious" is not how i would describe that scenario

Hilarious is exactly how I'd view this sites response to the "nothing" I speak of.

People are really taking every little thing and running with it. I heard Ralph had three bowel movements while at the party.

You don't say?

Ralph is not dead yet

He's feeling better.

Am I the only one that would find it absolutely hilarious if NOTHING changed in the off season?

In a warped and twisted way it would be hilarious.

Ralph should swing his pimp cane at some skulls

Or like the Snoop Dog character in Starsky and Hutch, make people kiss the handle.

What would be funny is for Ralph to wheel into the post game presser with one of those vaudiville hooks and drag Chan off the podium. "On with the show this is it..."

I laughed.

Sorry everyone.

I'd bet most billionaires have a pretty good idea what's going to happen in Washington.

Yup

:lol:

He's saying the 35% capital gains rate now is better than the 55% death tax later.

Ralph is not dead yet, so a sale would come under Capital Gains, which is currently 15%

What Bart said...

Am I the only one that would find it absolutely hilarious if NOTHING changed in the off season?

Not at all. And it would easily trump the retaining of Jauron at the end of 2008 or hiring Nix/Gailey at the end of 2009. Both huge letdowns and nothing would surprise me now

Edited by BillsVet

Somehow I doubt the holiday party was ON LIKE A MOFO. There's a wide array of permutations that could be in play here, but a change of ownership would obviously be a titanic development, and not like the ship. Pick a rumor, any rumor: The Jaw, Jon Gruden, Polian, Chip Kelly, Jim Kelly, Bob Rich, Terry Pagula, Ralph Wilson, Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey, Tim Tebow, Andy Levitre, Thurman Thomas, Marty Schottenheimer, Doug Whaley, Tony Dungy, Bill Belichek, Nic Saban, Brian Kelly, Jim Haslett, Jay Gruden, Perry Fewell, Dick LeBeau, The Stache, Russ Brandon, Sean Payton, Fireman Ed, The TEMPO restaurant, Buffalo Niagara International Airport, Terell Owens, SUNY Fredonia, Buffalo Wild Wings, 2 out of 3, 5 out of 7, 1 divided by 0.

When his wife sells, capital gains tax will be due. I'd bet that that a 25% capital gains tax would be preferable to either a 35% or 55% estate tax. After the team is sold, there are ways to pass the sales proceeds to his other heirs while avoiding further taxes.

The estate tax might be an issue if Ralph wanted to keep the Bills in his family, but I don't believe it is as along as he's planning to sell the team.

the taxes on the team for the (just say) $800 million would be due regardless if it was his wife that sold the team or if Ralph sold it.

Yes, on 1-1-13 the taxes will go up. This is the best time to sell. Well, better than on 1-2-13

Edited by mrags

With the mess that is sports journalism - Thurman's tweet and a little guess work could've spiraled into an article, and now 8 other guys are reporting on that article acting like they have a source, then every word is viewed through the lense of "everyone's reporting this already - I bet it's another sign." The three things we know is nix tends to shoot things pretty straight and likes continuity unless a better option is clearly available, the last month sucked, and there is VERY LITTLE in the way of leaks in Ralph's inner circle. From there it's all guess work.

Well said......who knows what will happen in the next week? It is clear Nix prefers continuity and Chan is his coach no matter what. Will Nix still be around next week?

The idea of continuity is great and I agree with it but when things fail so badly as they have the past 3 years change is needed.

As people and their straightforwardness Buddy and Chan are great. As management and coaches they have horrible results and based on the fact the NFL is a pay for performance league they have to go.

Who would buy tickets to this show if they are around even with a new QB?