WR upgrade

Dragonborn10

I advocated for going after Mike Wallace and would have given up 2013 #1 for him before the season started. He has struggled this year as has most of the Steelers offensive unit.

Now maybe he can be had on the open market this off-season.

At this point I would rather get Bowe from Kansas City.

I would rather they go veteran WR and rookie LB than the other way around.

Thoughts...

Will take big tall and strong over lightning fast deep threat, but agree rookie lbs make a quicker impact than rookie WRs and its much rarer, I think, to draft a unusable bust lb than wr., although the bills have been able to manage both.

The jury is still out on Donald Jones. Kind of hard to prove yourself as a legitimate deep threat when your QB can't get you the ball.

My take, Jones is a wr that won't make a QB look great but a great QB can make him look very good. Put him with any of the top five QBs and he probably plays solid ball.

Typical bills fan logic. Mike Wallace struggled playing for a good team that's well coached. Maybe he'll do better here where we have crap at QB and a coach that doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Not to mention he was looking for a contract similar to Megatron which is laughable.

And we give up a high 1st round pick?

Makes sense.

never liked Wallace.

But lets not put the cart before the horse.

Lets draft a couple QB's first , then get him some more options.

We NEED a tight end now too. Chandler may not be fully recovered to start next years season.

Getting Nelson and Jones back will be a good start, and i dont mind drafting a big WR with some hands.

After we get QB and LB's.

I dont want to give up any picks unless it's for quarter backs, myself

I generally agree with not giving up picks and almost always advocate for trading down to aquire more picks. However I thought this was the go for broke year for Nix and Gailey. WR was as weak as LB going into the season even with a healthy Neslon. No one thought Barnett would regress so badly. Wallace has top end speed and had we won a few more games with him that pick could have been in the high teens instead of top 7.

Ideally we get a FA WR and the number one is used for Geno Smith or a LB not named T'eo

Donald Jones has shown that he is injury prone and not very consistent when passes are thrown to him.

He's a solid role player, not a number 2. It'd be great to add a guy that could bump Stevie to 2, and let tj, Nelson and jones fill roles cheaply. Finding that top guy would be real tough though. Especially if getting a qb.

We should probably pass on a QB of the future and draft a WR again to work with Fitz. It has worked out so well in the past that it can't help but pay off greater dividends in 2013.

In all seriousness, if they want to pay some real cash for a big-time FA WR, I'm all for it. Still, this team is going nowhere until it is better-coached and gets better QB play. Oh, that and some LBs who can actually play defense.

We should probably pass on a QB of the future and draft a WR again to work with Fitz. It has worked out so well in the past that it can't help but pay off greater dividends in 2013.

In all seriousness, if they want to pay some real cash for a big-time FA WR, I'm all for it. Still, this team is going nowhere until it is better-coached and gets better QB play. Oh, that and some LBs who can actually play defense.

Yup- we can "get by" if we stay relatively healthy in this group. It's 3rd or 4th priority. Would be great to upgrade but not an "at all costs" group. If they end up our weakest position group, we should be able to hang any given week (ie upgrade LB, qb to be better than them as a whole, even as is). Keep stacking talent hopefully.

I advocated for going after Mike Wallace and would have given up 2013 #1 for him before the season started. He has struggled this year as has most of the Steelers offensive unit.

Thoughts...

Mike Wallace is the Lee Evans of the Steelers. He disappears at critical times in the games and is a one-trick pony (a downfield threat). It will be hard for the Bills or any other team to pay him 15M a year.

Mike Wallace is the Lee Evans of the Steelers. He disappears at critical times in the games and is a one-trick pony (a downfield threat). It will be hard for the Bills or any other team to pay him 15M a year.

No team will. He will get humbled.

Just a matter of how humbled....

No thanks. We need a big physical WR on the outside. Wallace is just another Lee Evans clone. All speed, no beef. Now without everyone jumping on my S%#T, I know they have a different kind of style. That's regardless of the point that neither is a big physical WR.

No diva WR please. Tall WR with good hands and decent speed. That would afford Stevie Johnson to be a slot WR, Jones as the third WR and TJ as the deep theat fourth WR. Disciplined route running and a QB who can get you the ball will do wonders for the passing attack. The Bills currently do neither well.

I think Greg Jennings is the best talent out him, wallace, and bowe. Only question is his recent injuries but when he is healthy he is easily a top 10 WR in the league who can "put the team on his back". He easily has the most skill run great routes, great hands, experienced vet, does all he can to play for the ball when it is on the air/basically has the playmaker trait. Bowe is also the most physical big receiver of the 3 but his hands/work ethic is questionable. Wallace is the most youngest and the fastest, he's a huge deep threat but will we have the QB to go deep to him next year? I'm also 100% sure Miami will get 1 of these 3 so the FO should decide who to go for soon.

Wallace is out...not worth the price tag he wants.

Buffalo has proven it has the inability to throw deep balls which is what Wallace only does.

Welker doesnt solve the problem of speed and deep threat.

I would just go after Fitzgerald....

take a shot in UFAs...I wouldnt draft a WR in 1st or 2nd.

Wallace is out...not worth the price tag he wants.

Buffalo has proven it has the inability to throw deep balls which is what Wallace only does.

Welker doesnt solve the problem of speed and deep threat.

I would just go after Fitzgerald....

take a shot in UFAs...I wouldnt draft a WR in 1st or 2nd.

Um I would rather pay wallace 11 mil then start throwing picks away for a 30 year old with a ridiculous contract. If we do have problems with speed/deep threat like you said why wouldn't you get wallace. And wallace doesn't just always go deep if you actually believe that. Then there is also jennings/bowe

my vote goes to the WVU Duo of either Tavon Austin of Stedman Bailey. While neither has "elite" size, both of them have the speed, hands and courage to go over the middle or stretch the field. In terms of NFL comparisons, Austin reminds me of Steve Smith (Carolina) and Bailey compares well to a faster Chad Johnson in his prime.

Typical bills fan logic. Mike Wallace struggled playing for a good team that's well coached. Maybe he'll do better here where we have crap at QB and a coach that doesn't know his ass from his elbow.

Not to mention he was looking for a contract similar to Megatron which is laughable.

Makes sense.

+1. typical thoughtless Bills fan. if you've heard of him, give up the franchise to get him so you can say you have him.... Lets solve the QB problem next year to the exclusion of all other problems please. If we can just do that, the rest becomes much much easier.

Makes sense.

Maybe not. I'm not sure what their cap situation is but I think he'd be a UFA if they don't tag him. No?

Thoughts...

Obtaining a stud wide receiver with Fitzpatrick doling out the ball would be like giving a nice loin of sushimi grade toro to me to prepare...simply a waste in the hands of the untrained. Let's focus our efforts in hiring a new chef before we obtain only the finest ingredients.