Carroll regrets fake punt

stevestojan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, he said it was part of the game plan. All part of the beast but, nobody pulled the plug. Can you really blame him for that? The system is built for the sake of the system. Just goes to show you that the game plan and what a team does, down to every last play, is all decided well before the first foot kicks a football!

I figured that as well. They saw something they wanted to take advantage of ... and did. They didn't need to do it, but they knew they could. Oh well.

Who cares. I'm glad he did the fake punt. You're up by a bunch, and it's the perfect time to try it out. Chan has done a TERRIBLE job at getting them ready to play. This isn't pop-warner football. I'm sick of grown men complaining about "running up the score" be it in college or the NFL. You want the other team to not run up the score, MAN UP AND STOP THEM.

Pete Carrol is a D-Bag for that move, you just don't do that st at this level. If you think what he did was alright and it was our fault you should just stick to college ball. It's one thing to run up the score just by playing against us naturally, but when you pull a FAKE PUNT out when you're up 30pts in the fourth quarter is just classless.

perfectly said

There is no excuse for what Carroll did at that point in the game, period. Anyone defending it is solely upset at the disgusting product the Bills are putting on the field. While I completely understand fans' frustration, let's not call Carroll's actions anything but what they are -- bush league, immature, and an accurate representation of the man himself.

He might have done us a favor. He said there's a certain look they've seen on tape during our punt returns they knew they could exploit and would if it came up. Sure it's lame, but would much rather have this exposed in a blowout than at in a game when it might have mattered.

Of course I'm saying this as if we might actually go back and correct the issue, which is obviously naive.

Pete Carrol is a D-Bag for that move, you just don't do that st at this level. If you think what he did was alright and it was our fault you should just stick to college ball. It's one thing to run up the score just by playing against us naturally, but when you pull a FAKE PUNT out when you're up 30pts in the fourth quarter is just classless.

He was being Bellicheat-like

There is no excuse for what Carroll did at that point in the game, period. Anyone defending it is solely upset at the disgusting product the Bills are putting on the field. While I completely understand fans' frustration, let's not call Carroll's actions anything but what they are -- bush league, immature, and an accurate representation of the man himself.

Again... See what I said above. The game plan is laid out... SURE, PC could have pulled the plug... BUT like some posters said, what a perfect time to test the play. IMO, not really the play BUT, test the system. The system/game plan and the AUTHORITY STRUCTURE. They stayed with the "battle plan" and nobody second guessed PC and the coaches. You think PC did that by design! Of course he did... The play tests how far the players will follow the marching orders. Bodes well for PC and the good order and discipline of his team... NOW, he fall on the sword for the media. See what I am getting @? Seattle may make the playoffs... Let's see what kinda discipline they have (from a coaches perspective). Remember the wannabee Bills a bunch of years ago? Playing against the PITT scrubs late in the season... All they had to do was win. Even before the kickoff, the discipline was NOT there... Drew Bledsoe even second guessed the coin toss, that is which end to defend! OMG.

Blaming Carroll is ridiculous. Blame the Bills offense, defense, special teams, and coaching. It was all around suckitude and they deserved what they got.

BA-ZING!

Just getting his kids ready for the day when they'll need a play like that. He had Flynn throwing in the 4th quarter last week for the same reason.

I'd have done the same thing.

#1 priority is helping young players develop a winning mentality, THEN you can worry about everyone else's f***ing feelings.

Good Job, Pete. GO BILLS!

Why is it OK to run up the score against college kids but somehow you're an awful human being if you do it in the pros?

Boo hoo. I love the guy: rub it in, run up the score, crush opponents' morale.

Were people crying like little babies when the 49ers ran up the score in the Super Bowls and embarrassed the Broncos or Chargers in front of the entire world?