If you believe Buddy,....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Nix and the talent he's assembled. I now believe this is on Gailey. He's giving away winnable games with his absurd playcalling and time management decisions. This team should be no worse than 7-6 with competent coaching.

Fire Gailey, hire David Shaw and we are a playoff team in 2013 (even with Fitz).

What difference would that make when essentially we have a lamb duck owner. Look what just happened in Cleveland, team is sold, new owner brings in his GM and Prez, Holmgrem is out. I think with new ownership Buddy could attract a much better coach. Add to that while RW has spend alot of money on players, (just not always wisely) it's always been a strong rumor he won't spend $$ on coaches. So again that's where the problem seems to be.

The ways things have gone this year, I do start to question how much enjoyment RW is still getting from being the owner?? Has he even been to one game this year. All of the negative comments towards him has to hurt him. But maybe the tax issues almost are forcing him not to sell.

It's the only way we can attract a competent coach in the offseason

Buddys done a pretty good job with the team. The only problem i have with him is that he signed chan.

Buddy hired Chan, George Edwards, Wanny. He drafted Troup, A Williams, Tj Graham, and a bunch of guys no longer on the team. He passed on on QB in what will turn out to be the deepest draft for QBs in decades.

I could go on. This is not a very talented team--and it is poorly coached. All of that falls at the feet of Buddy Nix.

Buddy is a hack. He is playing out the string at this point. His boss is more inept, so nothing can change.

Buddy hired Chan, George Edwards, Wanny. He drafted Troup, A Williams, Tj Graham, and a bunch of guys no longer on the team. He passed on on QB in what will turn out to be the deepest draft for QBs in decades.

I could go on. This is not a very talented team--and it is poorly coached. All of that falls at the feet of Buddy Nix.

Buddy is a hack. He is playing out the string at this point. His boss is more inept, so nothing can change.

Amen. This guy gets it.

As everyone else has said, the overall talent is a lot better. Our defense is getting very close to being shutdown and on offense we have one of the best backs in the league as well as a better O-line than we've has in the last 10 years which IMO is one of the biggest improvements.

You're joking, right? Did they "shut down he mighty Rams offense with a lead and 2 minutes to go? The defense is padding it's stats against crappy teams on it's slow creep into the top 25..

The LBs are still not good. The DBs have one solid safety, one rookie starter who is a penalty machine (the rest are backups on almost any other team). The O-line let the QB take a beating on every drop back.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Our defense gave up 15 points. I don't care if they did it in the first two minutes or last, any team would be thrilled with that level of production.

Our D is not losing these games. They are only giving up an average of 17 over the last 4. You are supposed to win in those situatons

I believe it was Bill Parcell that once said you are what your record says you are. We are a 6-10 team period. Whether its coaching or talent, whatever we are a 6 -10 team. We all felt a lump in our throats when Nix announced Gailey was the coach because we knew he was not a ready for prime time player. We went along because we are die hard Bills fans and we were hoping for the best.

It's time to end this hillbilly hoe down and get some one that is smart and hungry to win as a GM and coach. With this regime we have different faces on the field giving us worse results than before.

Well, if Buddy thinks he improved the talent on this team, why aint it showing up in the W/L column? Either Buddy is making Buddy look bad, Chan is making Buddy look bad, or the players are making Buddy look bad. I think all three are true. At the end of the day though, Ralph Wilson is at the top of a s#it organization. He purposely brings in clowns like Buddy & Chan to deflect where the real problem lies.

I have been saying it to all of my friends and colleagues for the past 3 or 4 years: this team won't be good until there is a new owner. You can't attract top flight people with an extremely old owner and no succession plan. These NFL coaches get, at best, two shots. Why, unless you are Chan or Jauron or another poorly regarded coach, would you take a chance on the Bills only to have the carpet yanked out from beneath you when new ownership comes in?

I believe it was Bill Parcell that once said you are what your record says you are. We are a 6-10 team period. Whether its coaching or talent, whatever we are a 6 -10 team. We all felt a lump in our throats when Nix announced Gailey was the coach because we knew he was not a ready for prime time player. We went along because we are die hard Bills fans and we were hoping for the best.

It's time to end this hillbilly hoe down and get some one that is smart and hungry to win as a GM and coach. With this regime we have different faces on the field giving us worse results than before.

Who is coming here with no ownership succession in place, and extremely old owner, and one year left on the stadium lease? This team won't be good until competent ownership takes over.

Spiller was the Correct pick in 2010. Give Buddy credit on that. Except they don't use him. Somehow. Spiller has turned out to be just what they wanted, a playmaker.

The year they totally missed was 2011. They could have had JJ Watt in the first round and Andy Dalton or Kaepernick in the second round.

How to the scouts miss on talent like this every year. I blame Buddy and Chan.

Our defense gave up 15 points. I don't care if they did it in the first two minutes or last, any team would be thrilled with that level of production.

Our D is not losing these games. They are only giving up an average of 17 over the last 4. You are supposed to win in those situatons

They won 2 of those 4 games and today, if they didn't give up 8 of those 17 points in the final 2 minutes, the Bills would have won 3 of 4.

How can you possibly say it doesn't matter if the D gives up the points (lead) in the last 2 minutes??

Edited by Mr. WEO

Seriously? If you go back 6 games, they've only given up 19.1 points per game. We are 2-6 in those games.

If we can't score 20 points with an offensive minded coach and our rb tandem, there is a huge problem.

If the offense did anything at all, the last drive wouldn't even matter.

Defense is fine. They may not be perfect, but any head coach or rational fan would take that output. Good teams are at least 4-2 over that kind of span

I have seen this movie plot before. Several fans refuse to believe that the front office is milking them for all they are worth. Minimal steps are taken each season: just enough to placate the majority of fans. After a few years, while the deluded think that the team is "almost there", they threaten revolt and demand a scapegoat. So the coaching and/or GM changes. Propoganda is rampant as the team is supposedly considering all sorts of highly qualified candidates, but in the end, the new leadership are rookies or castoffs available at a reduced price (just like their player acquisitions). The organization pumps up the fans with rhetoric that these replacements are diamonds in the rough and thousands buy it. The excitement builds as the season is about to start. But the season is a failure and the usual excuses are used to cover up the real reason: there is not enough talent on the field or the sidelines.

Several fans refuse to believe that the front office is milking them for all they are worth. Minimal steps are taken.......................................................

Think of the movie "Groundhog Day."

I have seen this movie plot before. Several fans refuse to believe that the front office is milking them for all they are worth. Minimal steps are taken each season: just enough to placate the majority of fans. After a few years, while the deluded think that the team is "almost there", they threaten revolt and demand a scapegoat. So the coaching and/or GM changes. Propoganda is rampant as the team is supposedly considering all sorts of highly qualified candidates, but in the end, the new leadership are rookies or castoffs available at a reduced price (just like their player acquisitions). The organization pumps up the fans with rhetoric that these replacements are diamonds in the rough and thousands buy it. The excitement builds as the season is about to start. But the season is a failure and the usual excuses are used to cover up the real reason: there is not enough talent on the field or the sidelines.

Several fans refuse to believe that the front office is milking them for all they are worth. Minimal steps are taken.......................................................

Think of the movie "Groundhog Day."

Ahhh, but soon (3 weeks) the off season for the team begins. And, magically their winners again. Blind faith will run amok.

Seriously? If you go back 6 games, they've only given up 19.1 points per game. We are 2-6 in those games.

If we can't score 20 points with an offensive minded coach and our rb tandem, there is a huge problem.

If the offense did anything at all, the last drive wouldn't even matter.

Defense is fine. They may not be perfect, but any head coach or rational fan would take that output. Good teams are at least 4-2 over that kind of span

'Seriously", the D gave up an average of 26 ppg in those other 3 losses........

What difference would that make when essentially we have a lamb duck owner. Look what just happened in Cleveland, team is sold, new owner brings in his GM and Prez, Holmgrem is out. I think with new ownership Buddy could attract a much better coach. Add to that while RW has spend alot of money on players, (just not always wisely) it's always been a strong rumor he won't spend $$ on coaches. So again that's where the problem seems to be.

The ways things have gone this year, I do start to question how much enjoyment RW is still getting from being the owner?? Has he even been to one game this year. All of the negative comments towards him has to hurt him. But maybe the tax issues almost are forcing him not to sell.

Lambs duck owner? I thought Wilson was an insurance guy?

You're gonna see it how you are going to see it. Fitz is good, the D is bad. There ya go.

Haven't said "Fitz is good"--that's at odds with reality. You are the one misusing the data (badly) to frame the discussion in the way you see it.

Fitz has to go. We get it. But your own stats have proven your point wrong regarding the Defense, as I showed you.

They gave up 15 points on D today and you are blaming them for the final drive. Where is the misuse of information there?

You know I was referring to this:

"Seriously? If you go back 6 games, they've only given up 19.1 points per game. We are 2-6 in those games.

If we can't score 20 points with an offensive minded coach and our rb tandem, there is a huge problem."

You intentionally didn't mention that the D gave up not 19.1, but 26 ppg in those losses.

Anyway, yes, I have a problem when the D lets a bad team march down the field to score the winning TD in the final 2minutes. Not sure how you are confused about that.

The Bills have looked adequate against awful teams. The defense couldn't get off the field when it mattered against the Rams today. They are not "very close to being shutdown." This schedule is the easiest one the Bills have had in years or will have in the near future and they completely blew it.

I love when someone on this board really understands what is going on..I was thinking the same thing about the schedule. It was as easy as you can get in the NFL. And we are a lousy 5-8 team. Our wins have come against the dregs of the league. Any decent, not anywhere near great team would have beaten Tennessee and St Louis at home, as well as Indy and probably Houston on the road. Those teams brought nothing special against us, incuding Houston. (they were very beatable that day) With good coaching and NFL quarterbacking, we are easily 9-4. This coaching staff has got the least possible production out of this team. Next years schedule will be much more difficult playing the NFC South and AFC North. Gailey is NOT the coach to lead us into that schedule. We could win 3 or 4 game TOPS with him and Fitzie as Coach and QB next year. If Buddy, won't make the changes needed, he needs to go as well. Today's loss was a complete joke losing to the Rams. Absolutely disgusting.

And for anyone still saying how Fitzie is not the problem. Give me a break.. He is a huge part of the problem. He plays scared. Whenever the rush comes near him, he stops trying to make a play and falls into the pile, instead of trying to escape. But most of all, he is just not good enough to win games in the NFL. A lot of you might not like this, but JP Losman gave us much better chance of winning. There is just no upside to Fitzie. He can not play a complete game at QB. He needs to sit and let ANYONE else start.

...the Bills are better, "but the record don't show it." Please tell me how we're better.... which means any good things you come up with (CJ) have to outweigh the negatives (head coaching) as a whole.

So, really, HOW ARE WE BETTER?

Can't believe we have a worse record now than under Juron, Buddy talks about how there was no talent before he got here but we already had Byrd, Wood, Levitre, Lynch, Peters, Kyle, Fred, McIntyer, Gabari, Schoebel, Whitner, SJ, Poz, etc

Nix has improved the lines but that's about it.

Nix is gaileys man! Its both their faults...

Yes, Nix hired Gailey, but Gailey is the one in charge of what is happening on the field. To me that is on Gailey.

Nix has brought in good players. There is enough talent on this team to get to the playoffs, and yet they are not.

It is Nix's job to bring in the talent. It is Gailey's job to get the talent to produce. That is not happening.

That's why I say that Gailey is the problem, not Nix.

And for anyone still saying how Fitzie is not the problem. Give me a break.. He is a huge part of the problem. He plays scared. Whenever the rush comes near him, he stops trying to make a play and falls into the pile, instead of trying to escape. But most of all, he is just not good enough to win games in the NFL. A lot of you might not like this, but JP Losman gave us much better chance of winning. There is just no upside to Fitzie. He can not play a complete game at QB. He needs to sit and let ANYONE else start.

I think, for some reason, because Fitz takes off and runs a few times for nice gains when the coverage has it's back turned, certain folks believe he's actually a decent scrambler...He's not...He's a bit clumsy when scrambling, almost always drops his head instead of keeping his eyes down-field, and he can't extend a play in the pocket to save his life...This is all a HUGE part of being a good NFL QB...Watch a guy like Flacco who is long, lanky, and not that fast...But he can move in the pocket and extend plays while he's looking down-field...Same with Josh Freeman...And I point out those two because they are big, slower guys...But Fitz can't do what they can...He ducks and tries to run...Usually between the tackles...If there is any pressure Fitz is pretty much done...That is a massive problem if you want to be a good NFL QB...Just a massive problem... B-)

Yes, Nix hired Gailey, but Gailey is the one in charge of what is happening on the field. To me that is on Gailey.

Nix has brought in good players. There is enough talent on this team to get to the playoffs, and yet they are not.

It is Nix's job to bring in the talent. It is Gailey's job to get the talent to produce. That is not happening.

That's why I say that Gailey is the problem, not Nix.

Nix has not brought us a QB and WRs and the LBs and secondary need upgrading

theres no doubt they are much better talent wise and on that front buddy has done a good job

however its also obvious they are just a very weak team mentally. they simply dont have the ability to bear down and make the plays when the game is on the line, at least most of the time. they appear to lack that one or two strong personalities that wills a team to victory. in todays league that is usually the qb but it can come from other sources. the bills need to find somebody to fill that role and it doesnt appear that person is on this team

theres no doubt they are much better talent wise and on that front buddy has done a good job

however its also obvious they are just a very weak team mentally. they simply dont have the ability to bear down and make the plays when the game is on the line, at least most of the time. they appear to lack that one or two strong personalities that wills a team to victory. in todays league that is usually the qb but it can come from other sources. the bills need to find somebody to fill that role and it doesnt appear that person is on this team

Well...The record and performance makes it pretty hard to say "no doubt..." Even though I tend to agree...In a way at least...

But your point about the QB is dead on...Fitz does not elevate anyone...He gives this Team no hope...It does show up in the performance...It may not be fair to QB's, but they do inspire...The good ones do at least...And Fitz is just not good enough to do that... B-)

Nix has not brought us a QB and WRs and the LBs and secondary need upgrading

Yes, that is true too. I didn't say that Nix was perfect and that the Bills didn't need more help.

My point is that Nix has brought in better players, and despite that, Gailey has been unable to get the Bills to win.

Edited by Mark Vader

Yes, that is true too. I didn't say that Nix was perfect and that the Bills didn't need more help.

My point is that Nix has brought in better players, and despite that, Gailey has been unable to get the Bills to win.

true, we definitely need a need a quality HC but I wont be sad if Nix goes either.

As everyone else has said, the overall talent is a lot better. Our defense is getting very close to being shutdown and on offense we have one of the best backs in the league as well as a better O-line than we've has in the last 10 years which IMO is one of the biggest improvements.

It's true.

They have the talent everywhere but at QB and LB to easily be a playoff team.

Gailey has coached them right out of wins in three games now.

This is odd and sad, because he was calling some good games his first two seasons. I don't know what's happened to him, but he's lost whatever edge he had.

Gailey has no killer instinct, time and time again ,at home, he settles for a short field goal in the 1st quarter. YOU'RE HOME SHOW SOME TESTICLES AND GO FOR A TOUCHDOWN. Then maybe the other team can't just hang around for 3 quarters , and steel the game @ the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Teams like Tenn. and St.Louis!!!