No Easley on offense,... really?

cage

Marcus Easley suffers from the same fate many a Bills bench player in the past. He's an unknown therefore he must be better than the guys playing. While I don't have a lot of confidence in Chan getting the most talented players on the field, the cream rise to the top. If he has talent, it will show itself.

Marcus Easley suffers from the same fate many a Bills bench player in the past. He's an unknown therefore he must be better than the guys playing. While I don't have a lot of confidence in Chan getting the most talented players on the field, the cream rise to the top. If he has talent, it will show itself.

Of course, people were saying the same back in 2009 when jackass jauron kept Stevie nailed to the bench. At some point, if you're carrying them for 2+ years, let the damn kid play.

Of course, people were saying the same back in 2009 when jackass jauron kept Stevie nailed to the bench. At some point, if you're carrying them for 2+ years, let the damn kid play.

Lets hope when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs (not that I think they even have a remote chance) that the youth movement takes over. Lets get Easley and whoever else (there aren't many others) in there and see what they can do.

Yeah, But the FANS have to know what the Bills have in Easley! It doesn't matter that the coaches know what they have and see him in practice all week, THE FANS NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!!

In a game where tehy finally do what the fans have been b*tchin, screaming, and crying for all season (run the ball more), they complain because they didn't put Easley in to run around on the field while they hand the ball off, or they should start throwing just so they can see what they have in a player during garbage time? What more will they learn from garbage time of a game against a 2 win team that they can't find out in practice or didn't see during preseason?

I seriously hate your posts. Have since I first got on this message board years ago. You never make any logical sense. We have a 4th round pick with a good amount of size at Wide Receiver who was supposed to have a large amount of potential when he was drafted three seasons ago. Now after two missed seasons due to injury and a heart ailment, and languishing this year on the practice squad, he finally gets activated for his first regular season game. He makes a big kickoff return, and looks to be athletic and physical. He plays a position that we are seriously lacking any size and big play options at besides maybe Stevie Johnson, who by the way left the game with an injury. (If you were unaware) And our #2 receiver does not dress for the game. (Again if you were unaware) So yes it is quite curious as to why we would not put a potentially talented player with a large degree of upside into his first regular season action, at a marginally talented position on our team, and instead play a marginal veteran with no upside and bad hands, whose only reason he is on the team is for his special teams ability as a gunner. Marcus Easley could very well be the next Vincent Jackson. How will anybody know how good he can be unless he gets his opportunity when the bullets are live, instead of in practice against our very weak DB's? I can not give any deference to our head coach's ability to judge talent with his less than stellar 15-29 record. The more reps Easley gets in a game, the better chance he will have at succeeding..Even someone as crusty as yourself should be able to understand that.

Or in 2010 and most of 2011 when Chan kept Spiller nailed to the bench....

I seriously hate your posts. Have since I first got on this message board years ago. You never make any logical sense. We have a 4th round pick with a good amount of size at Wide Receiver who was supposed to have a large amount of potential when he was drafted three seasons ago. Now after two missed seasons due to injury and a heart ailment, and languishing this year on the practice squad, he finally gets activated for his first regular season game. He makes a big kickoff return, and looks to be athletic and physical. He plays a position that we are seriously lacking any size and big play options at besides maybe Stevie Johnson, who by the way left the game with an injury. (If you were unaware) And our #2 receiver does not dress for the game. (Again if you were unaware) So yes it is quite curious as to why we would not put a potentially talented player with a large degree of upside into his first regular season action, at a marginally talented position on our team, and instead play a marginal veteran with no upside and bad hands, whose only reason he is on the team is for his special teams ability as a gunner. Marcus Easley could very well be the next Vincent Jackson. How will anybody know how good he can be unless he gets his opportunity when the bullets are live, instead of in practice against our very weak DB's? I can not give any deference to our head coach's ability to judge talent with his less than stellar 15-29 record. The more reps Easley gets in a game, the better chance he will have at succeeding..Even someone as crusty as yourself should be able to understand that.

If I actually cared what some D-Bag on the internet who lurks around on message boards thought of me, that comment might actually hurt.

So your saying that they should have thrown the ball more in this game, instead of running the ball like they did (something everyones been crying for all season), against the jags in pour weather, to see if Easley could be the next Vincent Jackson? So in practice, against the Bills DBs, he is facing worse DBs then the jags had on the field Sunday? You know that same Coaching Staff and front office were able to judge that Stevie was a worth while WR to keep around and play, also that Spiller was a threat. (Jauron was the one that kept Stevie on the Bench, and the fans were calling Spiller a bust up until the end of last season, now they want him more the Jackson).

Its one damn game where they threw the ball less then 20 times

Lets hope when the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs (not that I think they even have a remote chance) that the youth movement takes over. Lets get Easley and whoever else (there aren't many others) in there and see what they can do.

Ron Brooks, Rogers, Bradham, Kyle Moore, Carrington, Sheppard, Glenn, Hairston all have seen significant playing time not to mention Gilmore, Dareus. Me thinks the youth movement take-over is already in full flow. Easley may get another chance due to injuries to the WR corps.

Easley is big. Really big. The problem with that is that Gailey and Fitz are so focused on the quick short yardage routes that they have overlooked what a big receiver can bring to the table. All of the other WRs are good at getting separation quickly. Easley is fast but he isn't quick, so he sits on the bench. The coaches in my opinion are horrible at evaluating talent. If a lumbering Scott Chandler can be a good target then so can Easley. They really need to give him some seam routes up the middle and some opportunities in the red zone. The coaches need to give him an opportunity to use his size to his advantage instead of turning their noses up in the air because he doesn't get good separation with 2 seconds.

You use a player's strengths. Something I have not seen a Buffalo coach do properly since Wade Phillips. Shoot, look how long it is taking Gailey to realize that this is a mostly running team and not a 4500yd per season pass happy team.

You didn't understand my joke obviously.

Damn lack of sarcasm font.

My apologies, at first I misread your statement, but i had already written this reply. I actually re-wrote it a bit, but left most of it in as I was too busy or lazy to re-write all of it. In the end I think we agree all we have left for this years team is sarcasm.

"Marcus Easley could very well be the next Vincent Jackson. How will anybody know how good he can be unless he gets his opportunity when the bullets are live, instead of in practice against our very weak DB's?"

Surely, he must be tearing it up in practice against our "weak DB's" - No doubt they are holding him out as a secret weapon, waiting for some unsuspecting NFL team to be hood-winked into thinking he's just a below average practice squad player. Watch out!

No idea. Jones was out, then Stevie went out, there's Easley activated and on your bench at a home game witha comfortable lead and the running game keeping pressure off your qb.

If they chose to keep Easley out then, he must be written off at this point.

Which makes a ton of sense doesn't it ?? I don't get some of the thinking of this coaching staff , the guy has been on the team now for 3 years , sure he hasn't played but they said he has been in all the offensive meetings to stay up on the scheme , so if he knows the offense that well why not give him a shot in a game where there was such a comfortable lead ??

He will be let go & after investing all that time in him he will become one of the leagues top #1 or #2 receivers that's just how we roll in B/lo !!

Easley is big. Really big. The problem with that is that Gailey and Fitz are so focused on the quick short yardage routes that they have overlooked what a big receiver can bring to the table. All of the other WRs are good at getting separation quickly. Easley is fast but he isn't quick, so he sits on the bench. The coaches in my opinion are horrible at evaluating talent. If a lumbering Scott Chandler can be a good target then so can Easley. They really need to give him some seam routes up the middle and some opportunities in the red zone. The coaches need to give him an opportunity to use his size to his advantage instead of turning their noses up in the air because he doesn't get good separation with 2 seconds.

You use a player's strengths. Something I have not seen a Buffalo coach do properly since Wade Phillips. Shoot, look how long it is taking Gailey to realize that this is a mostly running team and not a 4500yd per season pass happy team.

Great analysis of Easley's game, and one of the big problems with our coaching staff. I love the idea of Chandler and Easley running 15 yard patterns in the middle areas of the field. This is an area of our passing game which is ridiculously lacking-and one of the biggest reasons for our lack of success in the passing game on a consistent basis.

FWIW, Chan won't play Easley much until we are 100% mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Of course this is my opinion and in no way, shape, or form a fact. But I don't think Chan would risk losses with playing a WR that's almost never stepped on the field in the NFL.