Jim Tressel in Buffalo Today

(716)

If you're trying to recruit a coach inviting them to this chese cake game was a smart move.

If you're trying to recruit a player you to bring them to the tough intra conference matchup you bring them in for a home coming one sied party.

The Jags defense looked like the Bills defense in weeks 1-8. It was amazing how everything worked on them including the wildcat.

I don't think Gailey has done a great job but I don't know if this is thr right time to start the coaching coursel.

Gene Chizick was a bum before Cam Netwon and will be one after him.

Dabo Sweeney made lemon aid out of lemons but he isn't really NFL quality HC in my opinion.

The Sweater Vest would be really interesting as he could go either way in the NFL. OUt of the 3, I'd go with the Sweater Vest. That whole Tattoo\Car thing was a bit over played. It wasn't really like he was handing out duffel bags of money or atleast he didn't caught for that. He got a pretty bad rap for not much wrong.

If you're trying to recruit a coach inviting them to this chese cake game was a smart move.

If you're trying to recruit a player you to bring them to the tough intra conference matchup you bring them in for a home coming one sied party.

The Jags defense looked like the Bills defense in weeks 1-8. It was amazing how everything worked on them including the wildcat.

I don't think Gailey has done a great job but I don't know if this is thr right time to start the coaching coursel.

Gene Chizick was a bum before Cam Netwon and will be one after him.

Dabo Sweeney made lemon aid out of lemons but he isn't really NFL quality HC in my opinion.

The Sweater Vest would be really interesting as he could go either way in the NFL. OUt of the 3, I'd go with the Sweater Vest. That whole Tattoo\Car thing was a bit over played. It wasn't really like he was handing out duffel bags of money or atleast he didn't caught for that. He got a pretty bad rap for not much wrong.

Actually, he got in trouble for the coverup attempt, more than the actual incident.

that product we've been stuck with for 13 years isn't incredibly disrespectful???? Rob J, Losman, Bledsoe, Trent, Fitz, should I continue.

it does suck, but it would be beyond outside of the norms of the NFL for coaches not only to be contacted this early, but brought to the sidelines of a game if they are planning a firing/hiring in a couple weeks.

it would be absolutely embarrassing for the franchise to pull a move like that. if anything, i would read this move- atleast initially - as making it possible to scratch these two off the list should the job open up in january.

He's on a secret assignment trying to find out why Gailey and Fitz are coming back next year. Latest rumor is that Fitz is Buddy's secret love child, and Gailey found Buddy's wallet and won't give it back.

Tressel is on secret assignment from the league to find why Gailey and Fitz have guaranteed jobs next year. Latest rumor is that Jim Kelly has asked Buddy to drive the price of the franchise down so he can buy it.

Tressel had a daughter that went to RIT, I'm sure she's graduated by now, (she was there around 5 years ago when my daughter attended) but maybe a younger sibling is there now, so was in the neighborhood. She was a photo science major, recall hearing how she'd bring in for projects sideline photo's from OSU games, that was how she "outed" herself. I belive Tressel was even the commencement speaker the year his daughter graduated. Or maybe the daughter now has a Rochester connection??

it does suck, but it would be beyond outside of the norms of the NFL for coaches not only to be contacted this early, but brought to the sidelines of a game if they are planning a firing/hiring in a couple weeks.

it would be absolutely embarrassing for the franchise to pull a move like that. if anything, i would read this move- atleast initially - as making it possible to scratch these two off the list should the job open up in january.

brilliant...the colleges are scooping up the available coaches as we speak. If the best we can do is a college level hire, we'd better start making move now.

Nobody is owed anything, Chan knows the score. Think BOD's don't interview for new CEO before the current one is dismissed. Its' this logic that we'll debate watching the LA Bills waiting to cross the old peace bridge!

Dabo was on WGR. He was here to see Spiller. He was the interim coach at Clemson when he developed a strong bond with Spiller. He was going to be in New York City the next day as well. He came to see him last year, and had a good time. He said he loves the atmosphere, brought his two sons (I think), and wanted to watch CJ. He also said he'll be coming back next year as well. He bought a bunch of Bills gear for his kids in the Bills Store.

I am a huge Buckeye fan, and even tho we now have Urban Meyer is still breaks my heart that damn tatt's ended Tressel run at Ohio St.

He is rare coach, he is a motivator, a winner, and knows how to adjust and to maximize the talent placed around him...

One season he was heavy with running the ball...

Then another season it was about the deep ball ...

Then another season it was more of a west coast play-action offense ...

While always engaging the defense ... It is different coaching men, than college students...but he bring soo much confidence and poise ...

Things like this would make you excited about BUffalo Football ... Its not likely to happen but if it did WOW!

brilliant...the colleges are scooping up the available coaches as we speak. If the best we can do is a college level hire, we'd better start making move now.

Nobody is owed anything, Chan knows the score. Think BOD's don't interview for new CEO before the current one is dismissed. Its' this logic that we'll debate watching the LA Bills waiting to cross the old peace bridge!

nope - i understand you might be making a few behind the scenes phone calls to friends or talking to your agent about a few people he might also represent. bringing him in for photo ops on the sideline is absolutely outside of what is considered a respected way to treat a current coach. it would be 100% out of bounds to pull.

like i said, i would read this as "no interest in tressel to return as coach in a couple weeks."