Draft Landry Jones!

DE Bills Fan

I know that there has been a lot a talk about there not being a "Franchise QB" in the upcoming 2013 draft and that may be so. But, the Bills NEED to do something at QB immediately. Fitzpatrick is clearly not the answer and it does not look like there is much chance of getting a free agent QB worthy of a trade. I have been following Landry Jones for a while now and think it is a "no-brainer" for the Bills to draft him. First of all, he is a 4 year starter in a pro-style offense. Second, he is big at 6'4" and 235 lbs. He can take a hit and has the best arm in the draft and can make all of the throws necessary of a pro QB, which clearly Fitzpartick cannot do as well as being fairly mobile. Jones has received a lot of criticism this year about not playing well, but when you consider that he had only 1 WR coming back from last year, he needed time to develop with the new WR's. The result is back to back 500 year games and come from behind victories in his last 2 games, despite OKLA having no defense. He also receives some criticism for not playing well when pressured. What QB does consistently? If you read the comments from the Defensive Co-Ordinators, you will see that they feel that he was the reason for OKLA's success and feel that he is playing the best ball of his career. In addition, he is a good person and would be easy to root for. Finally, when you compare him to the other candidates, I feel he measures up very well: Matt Barkley and Aaron Murray are both only 6'1", and Barkley injured his arm and coudn't play against ND. Geno Smith is a great athelete, not a great QB in my mind and will flame out. Tyler Bray looks impressive, but needs another year to mature and EJ Manuel is again a great athelete, but not a great QB. Just my 2 cents, but I am so fed up with the Bills handling of the QB position, they need to do something now. Jones may not work out, but he is the best option right now!! Go Bills!!!!!!!

i like landry jones but saying geno smith is just a good athlete and not a good QB is pretty silly. here is there stats over the last 4 years

landry http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/377845/landry-jones

geno http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/488025/geno-smith

id still rather have geno over landry but i like um both

Have you watched him? I have seen him a lot the last 3 years. He has great arm talent and can make every throw. BUT....

He is absolutely brutal under pressure. He plays scared. He won't stare down the gun barrel. He gets the deer in the headlights look. He can't move and his accuracy and decision making suffer. If that's what you want, sure Landry Jones is your guy.

I know that there has been a lot a talk about there not being a "Franchise QB" in the upcoming 2013 draft and that may be so. But, the Bills NEED to do something at QB immediately. Fitzpatrick is clearly not the answer and it does not look like there is much chance of getting a free agent QB worthy of a trade. I have been following Landry Jones for a while now and think it is a "no-brainer" for the Bills to draft him. First of all, he is a 4 year starter in a pro-style offense. Second, he is big at 6'4" and 235 lbs. He can take a hit and has the best arm in the draft and can make all of the throws necessary of a pro QB, which clearly Fitzpartick cannot do as well as being fairly mobile. Jones has received a lot of criticism this year about not playing well, but when you consider that he had only 1 WR coming back from last year, he needed time to develop with the new WR's. The result is back to back 500 year games and come from behind victories in his last 2 games, despite OKLA having no defense. He also receives some criticism for not playing well when pressured. What QB does consistently? If you read the comments from the Defensive Co-Ordinators, you will see that they feel that he was the reason for OKLA's success and feel that he is playing the best ball of his career. In addition, he is a good person and would be easy to root for. Finally, when you compare him to the other candidates, I feel he measures up very well: Matt Barkley and Aaron Murray are both only 6'1", and Barkley injured his arm and coudn't play against ND. Geno Smith is a great athelete, not a great QB in my mind and will flame out. Tyler Bray looks impressive, but needs another year to mature and EJ Manuel is again a great athelete, but not a great QB. Just my 2 cents, but I am so fed up with the Bills handling of the QB position, they need to do something now. Jones may not work out, but he is the best option right now!! Go Bills!!!!!!!

I know the officials are typically old, but I don't see Moses or Abraham as Line Judges. They both lived well over 500 years, but running 100 yds back and forth would take a toll on even the most biblically enhanced body. When is halftime by the way??

Have you watched him? I have seen him a lot the last 3 years. He has great arm talent and can make every throw. BUT....

He is absolutely brutal under pressure. He plays scared. He won't stare down the gun barrel. He gets the deer in the headlights look. He can't move and his accuracy and decision making suffer. If that's what you want, sure Landry Jones is your guy.

sounds like another Gabbert if your description is spot on......I haven't seen many OU games lately.

Geno Smith is a great athlete, not a great QB in my mind and will flame out.

Well...Not to nitpick your post...But that statement makes it tough...

Smith is a decent athlete, but he's a QB 1st and foremost...QB's who complete 70% of their passes in their final College Season usually do pretty well in the NFL...Smith is at 70.2% so far this year...His worst completion % was in 2010 when he completed 64.8% of his passes...He's thrown 93 TD Passes to only 20 INT's in his WV Career...That is pretty amazing...The Kid can sling it...I'd LOVE to have him in Buffalo... B-)

Smith is a decent athlete, but he's a QB 1st and foremost...QB's who complete 70% of their passes in their final College Season usually do pretty well in the NFL...Smith is at 70.2% so far this year...His worst completion % was in 2010 when he completed 64.8% of his passes...He's thrown 93 TD Passes to only 20 INT's in his WV Career...That is pretty amazing...The Kid can sling it...I'd LOVE to have him in Buffalo... B-)

Agree with everything you say here. But he's going first overall to KC. Book it. We won't have a chance at him. Unless KC wants to package the pick and the Bills are close enough to the top of the draft to make it worth KC's while. Finishing with the 8th pick in the draft won't get it done, imho.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd take Smith, but Landry Jones would be my second choice, esp. if he is available in the 2nd round, allowing us to take Jones, the OLB from GA in the first.

EXACTLY.

Have you watched him this year? he has been great under pressure.

Look in your message box. Buffalo Barbarian will be adding you to his friends list shortly if he hasn't already done so.

GO BILLS!!!

:lol:

i like landry jones but saying geno smith is just a good athlete and not a good QB is pretty silly. here is there stats over the last 4 years

landry http://espn.go.com/c...45/landry-jones

geno http://espn.go.com/c...8025/geno-smith

id still rather have eno over landry but i like um both

I agree completely on Geno Smith. He has everything you want in a QB:

1. Arm Strength

2. Accuracy

3. Experience - He is a 3 year starter

4. He can move in the pocket as well as run - alot of QBs can run, but Smith will move in the pocket and find a receiver

5. Hard worker -- everythign I have read says he puts in more time than anyone on his team and as much as the coaches

I'd take Smith, but Landry Jones would be my second choice, esp. if he is available in the 2nd round, allowing us to take Jones, the OLB from GA in the first.

Jarvis Jones at pick 8-15? Doubtful. He's a great player, but is a pass rusher. Unless we switch the the 3-4 or make him a DE, his talents will be wasted here. Not that it will matter, he'll be off the board when we pick

I just want to go on record as saying Geno Smith is over-hyped. He may be a serviceable NFL QB but he'll never be a star. His arm and accuracy might keep him employed, but he lacks the ability to survey the field and find the holes in the defense that separate the great ones from the pack.

I'd take Glennon, Murray, or Jones over Smith.

In terms of him under pressure, yes, he has made some mistakes, but all QB's do. Have you seem him in the last 2 games. Under total pressure in both and came thru with huge come from behind wins. Also, he is working with new receivers which nobody has mentioned and is now just coming into his own with them. He has a strong arm and is playing the best ball of his career. He should be invited to NYC for the Heisman ceremony even though I know he will not win it. Just look at how he compares to Johnnie manziel and Colin Klein, much better numbers and he may go over 4000 yards this year with a QB rating over 150. He is just what the Bills need at this point. The other QB's are either too small or not playing at his level. I know i am setting myself up for disappointment, but GO BiLLs!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.