I'm a Fan...but probably won't watch tomorrow

Let me say...I love our team. With that said, I may take this week off or listen on the radio (if I can find a station that carries it online). At 3-5 if we win we are still in the bottom half of the league and if we lose...well, it confirms that we have fallen short of our Spring 2012 expectations. Does anyone else experience this "funk" ?? Just not excited about watching Chan call pass plays all day and Wanny call in base defenses with no blitzes. tired of watching Sheppard get run over. Go Bills...I'll watch ESPN highlights I guess. Just don't have it in me this week for some reason.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotta work tomorrow so I don't have a choice. I can't watch. Ill be dvring the game and if they win ill prolly watch. Hell, if they lose but make it a game ill prolly watch. Which is probably the case. My guess is either 2 things happen that will really tick me off. They will either get blown away by 30+ or they will be in it the whole game, maybe even with a lead and Chans horrible playcalling and game/clock management will earn us a loss anyway.

Let me say...I love our team. With that said, I may take this week off or listen on the radio (if I can find a station that carries it online). At 3-5 if we win we are still in the bottom half of the league and if we lose...well, it confirms that we have fallen short of our Spring 2012 expectations. Does anyone else experience this "funk" ?? Just not excited about watching Chan call pass plays all day and Wanny call in base defenses with no blitzes. tired of watching Sheppard get run over. Go Bills...I'll watch ESPN highlights I guess. Just don't have it in me this week for some reason.

I've been watching in a channel flipping mode for a few weeks now. The Bills are on CBS, but there is also another game on FOX, On other channels, there may be some NASCAR, or basketball, or some other show. I will probably watch the Bills for an hour or so, and then I will start flipping. I also line up a few chores to do, such as paying bills. And I don't mind if the dog needs to be walked. I used to get mad if the dog wanted to be walked during a game, now I don't really care. The Bills are just one of many distractions for my Sunday.

Don't feel bad about it. I have been to every playoff game since 1988, including the music city mistake, and love this team with a passion, but I haven't watched a second of this team since the 49ers loss. I have had enough, apathy doesn't describe my emotions, but more like disgust. The Bills will lose this game by more than 35 points, and that's not even a prediction, I practically guarantee it. It will also happen while my girlfriend and I go do something meaningful on a Sunday instead.

Sounds like you guys have gone through this stage of grieving already...past few games I have gone to the bar to watch with some other Bills fans in the region (near Albany), broken up my afternoons, gotten nothing done around the house or office...this will be weird but my wife and kids might actually like to see me smile for a change (and my 15 yr old son won't stomp around the house when we are down by 30 at halftime...he's worse than me- gets it from my wife I'm sure)

Sounds like you guys have gone through this stage of grieving already...past few games I have gone to the bar to watch with some other Bills fans in the region (near Albany), broken up my afternoons, gotten nothing done around the house or office...this will be weird but my wife and kids might actually like to see me smile for a change (and my 15 yr old son won't stomp around the house when we are down by 30 at halftime...he's worse than me- gets it from my wife I'm sure)

I'm going to paint. That's how bad it is. I hate painting, but I have a coupla rooms that need to be done. I'll check the ipad in the 2nd half to see if it's close, but I'll be shocked if I pause for long.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the Bills did ANYTHING different tomorrow? A blitz. An onside kick. Cover Welker on his 3 yard out.

girlfriend and I go do something meaningful on a Sunday instead.

:devil: we all know what that means ..far more fun than a Bills game.

Seriously though this team gives you no reason for hope. Its not like we have a young team that is learning and improving. Fitz has a dead arm and our defense is a joke.

I'll be watching football, just not the Bills full time. I switch from NFL mix to the game. If they are winning or its close I'll stay turned, if not I'll watch a different game.

Atlanta at NO should be a good game. Then the 4 o'clock Jets at Seattle should be a fun match up, gotta love the big mouth getting whipped.

Then the 8pm game should be a good one. Houston at Chicago

Edited by Fear the Beard

Don't feel bad about it. I have been to every playoff game since 1988, including the music city mistake, and love this team with a passion, but I haven't watched a second of this team since the 49ers loss. I have had enough, apathy doesn't describe my emotions, but more like disgust. The Bills will lose this game by more than 35 points, and that's not even a prediction, I practically guarantee it. It will also happen while my girlfriend and I go do something meaningful on a Sunday instead.

That's going to take up, what, 1 minute and a half of your time, tops? The corresponding nap will take an hour or so. Then what?

every game....every play.....is must watch TV......can't get enough of it....

then come to TBD to laugh & commiserate with my fellow fans.....

I 2nd that. I'll watch. I won't be as enthusiastic as I was before, but I'll watch for sure.

every game....every play.....is must watch TV......can't get enough of it....

then come to TBD to laugh & commiserate with my fellow fans.....

Agree. I am in this until the bitter end. Maybe I am a sucker for pain, but I can't miss a game. The Niners game was the only game that I can ever remember that I didn't finish (watched until mid 4th qtr).

I'm going to DVR the game and then go ride my motorcycle. I'll check the score later on and watch it if we win the game.

Exactly my plan. 70 Sunday in Buffalo, ride the bike cause the season is ending quick. Fan SD, what do you have? I got an 04 HD Electraglide. Love the beast