Trade For Vick AND Draft A QB

Here is what I think would be a great idea. Trade for Vick, have him start next year while you let Fitz finish out this year. If Barkely and Geno Smith are gone before Buffalo picks, evaluate and see if the 3rd best guy is worth taking at the 10ish spot. If that guy is not going to be worth it, look for one in the 2nd and draft Teo. You then have Vick as a starter with the rookie learning the system for a year (or possibly 2).

I am guessing Vick could be had because he will want to go somewhere with a chance to start. KC and Buffalo (possibly Jax, Jets and AZ) are the only teams who will be looking to upgrade the position. I think 2013 will be a good time to need a QB due to the least amount of teams needing a QB in a while.

In summary, let Fitz finish the season, Trade for Vick (he has tons of time to learn the system), draft a QB and then that QB starts in 1-2 years. I believe by taking Vick, you don't have to have that down year when drafting a rookie. Is there one hole you can punch in this line of thought because there is no way you are going backwards with Vick over Fitz.

Why would we have to even trade? Man will be without job, and not in high demand

I just think it would be nice to be pro-active for a change when it comes to the QB position. Chan will be able to get more out of Vick's legs and arm than he can with Fitz. Vick then turns into the back-up after a year (or the opposit happens and he thrives under Chan). looks like a win win to me.

Unless Vick can play some D, then no thank you! We need help onour D. whether or not that is from a new D system, cordinator, or players. Our O is not bad. Granted Fitz isn't anything special he does produce enough to win. Our D is holding this team back way way more than Fitz!

Just my 3 cent worth!

I just think it would be nice to be pro-active for a change when it comes to the QB position. Chan will be able to get more out of Vick's legs and arm than he can with Fitz. Vick then turns into the back-up after a year (or the opposit happens and he thrives under Chan). looks like a win win to me.

chan being here seems to be a big assumption.

Here is what I think would be a great idea. Trade for Vick, have him start next year while you let Fitz finish out this year. If Barkely and Geno Smith are gone before Buffalo picks, evaluate and see if the 3rd best guy is worth taking at the 10ish spot. If that guy is not going to be worth it, look for one in the 2nd and draft Teo. You then have Vick as a starter with the rookie learning the system for a year (or possibly 2).

I am guessing Vick could be had because he will want to go somewhere with a chance to start. KC and Buffalo (possibly Jax, Jets and AZ) are the only teams who will be looking to upgrade the position. I think 2013 will be a good time to need a QB due to the least amount of teams needing a QB in a while.

In summary, let Fitz finish the season, Trade for Vick (he has tons of time to learn the system), draft a QB and then that QB starts in 1-2 years. I believe by taking Vick, you don't have to have that down year when drafting a rookie. Is there one hole you can punch in this line of thought because there is no way you are going backwards with Vick over Fitz.

I like the plan for the most part. What do you say we do coaching wise next year though? Keep Chan?

Just what we need.. a QB that turns the ball over more than Fitz does, and costs almost twice as much. Seems like a winning formula to me.

OK OK sounds like we are all starting to lose it . Have you noticed that Vick is no better than what we have & we have a QB sitting every week that we don't use .

So what you are saying is waste another pick on a trade to get Vick along with the 7th round pick that we wasted on bringing T Jack here ??

That just don't make no sense man !! At least get Jackson some reps , enough to replace Thiggy pudding let Thigpen go with B Smith as the #3 QB that opens up a roster spot , then go look for another good player i'm thinking more along the lines of a good LB to beef up our D which definitely needs the help .

That way if the D does better we are in more games , if Fitz gets hurt we have a viable back up at QB that we are not afraid to put in a game & if we abandon this specialty kick off kicker idea we could add another player that could be in a position of need instead of having this guy sit like us on sundays watching the game from his living room or where ever the inactives watch from .

But to trade for a QB that has the drop sees and is doing no better than what we put on the field now makes no sense what so ever !!!!!

Edited by T master

I like the plan for the most part. What do you say we do coaching wise next year though? Keep Chan?

I think it all depends on where the true problem is with the defense. I personally don't think the players are NEARLY as bad as the coaching is. Look what Wade did with the Houston D in ONE off-season. If they got an up and coming D coordinator that can light a fire under the defense, Chan might survive. If Chan doesn't stray from Fitz and does not have the vision to move forward on QB, his job is as good as gone.

So the plan is to trade for a QB that is worse than the one we currently have and makes more money? Brilliant!!!

Count me in as someone who believes that Vick is not NEARLY as bad as what is being portrayed right now. Lots of people here think Vick is garbage and that is fine, I do not.

Should get interesting at least.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/report-eagles-likely-to-change-from-vick-to-nick/

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Count me in as someone who believes that Vick is not NEARLY as bad as what is being portrayed right now. Lots of people here think Vick is garbage and that is fine, I do not.

http://profootballta...m-vick-to-nick/

Honestly, Fitz is a better QB than Vick at this point. Fitz is just hated here and hasn't been on a Madden cover. Vick has been good in about 30 games in his career. Teams adjust to him really easy.

I'm sick of other teams' trash. Let's just do whatever we can to get a legit 1st round talent and not settle for a Losman type.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/report-eagles-likely-to-change-from-vick-to-nick/

honestly, i feel like vick is atleast as good as fitz, but hes definitely a sinking ship right now. not one id be trying to board.

Honestly, Fitz is a better QB than Vick at this point. Fitz is just hated here and hasn't been on a Madden cover. Vick has been good in about 30 games in his career. Teams adjust to him really easy.

I'm sick of other teams' trash. Let's just do whatever we can to get a legit 1st round talent and not settle for a Losman type.

That is why the number one goal is to still draft that QB in Round 1. Getting Vick is just step one.....

That is why the number one goal is to still draft that QB in Round 1. Getting Vick is just step one.....

Well since Fitz is better and cheaper (and not a reformed scumbag), why not just draft a guy and keep Fitz? Personally, vick doesn't strike me as a good QB teacher. Levi Brown said Fitz is a great teacher.

its called being proactive.

If you're standing in **** up to your chin, and recognize you need change, it's a good thing. When you're so desperate that you add 6 more inches of **** to make change for the sake of making change, it's a bad thing. Sometimes doing nothing is preferable. The Mike Vick situation is one of those times.

Well since Fitz is better and cheaper (and not a reformed scumbag), why not just draft a guy and keep Fitz? Personally, vick doesn't strike me as a good QB teacher. Levi Brown said Fitz is a great teacher.

I suppose the question is "would he be cheaper"? Vick has a guaranteed 40 mill starting last year. 16 of the that was paid in 2011 and he probably got similar money this year. That could leave less than 10 mill and the team that deals for Vick might even be able to work out a better deal. Fitz can be cut after the year and the Bills can be free of his money. Overall, it is probably pretty close on the money thing and I would be willing to roll the dice on Vick - that's me though

For the record, their last 2 seasons:

Vick: 59%, 27 tds, 22 ints, 9 lost fumbles, 2 rushing tds. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448

Fitz: 61%, 39 tds, 32 ints, 4 lost fumbles, 0 rushing tds. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7426

And Vick plays with the superior offensive cast and better defense (the Eagles had a top 10 defense last year). If we trade for Vick, I might punch my dog.

As far as I see it the offense on this team isn't bad. Even with Fitz. and our Oline is good when healthy. What is bad is our D. It's downright embarrassing how bad it is. Arian Foster must be creaming at the thought of going up against us next weekend. That guy is a lock to get over 150 yds and a good shot at 200. That,s how bad our D is. 90% of the focus should be on that right now.

Edited by Dante

For the record, their last 2 seasons:

Vick: 59%, 27 tds, 22 ints, 9 lost fumbles, 2 rushing tds. http://sports.yahoo....fl/players/5448

Fitz: 61%, 39 tds, 32 ints, 4 lost fumbles, 0 rushing tds. http://sports.yahoo....fl/players/7426

And Vick plays with the superior offensive cast and better defense (the Eagles had a top 10 defense last year). If we trade for Vick, I might punch my dog.

I am not a big fan of stats when it comes to Fitz. I see how the game unfolds with him at the helm and the percentage of passes he makes under 5 yards is not enticing to me (even if that gets him to 61%).

D coordinator and QB gets this team over the hump. LBs can be sprinkled in via draft and FA.

Have you seen Vick play this year? He has been MUCH worse than Fitz

Getting back to the draft part of my post - can we assume that the Bills SHOULD be able to get one of the top 3 QBs coming out

Barkley

Smith

Wilson

Would anyone NOT be happy if they drafted on of these 3? As I mentioned, Vick is not the future here (unless he proved otherwise) but one of these 3 will be. If these are not the top 3, who are?