[closed]Mario...--were we the only ones fooled?

Tcali

Someone around the league---or perhaps the entire city of Houston--knew that Mario was a fraud as a player. Were people snickering about how dumb the Bills were to sign this guy for a zillion dollars??..Someone had to know. Anyone here from Houston??

The only other explanation is that the guy suddenly forgot how to play football in his extended offseason.

This is the thing I just dont get. How in the world could such a colossal mistake have been made?--Can anyone on this board

think of a bigger miscalculation on a young veteran of the NFL? We aren't talking a college kid here. The guy played in the league for years.

Someone around the league---or perhaps the entire city of Houston--knew that Mario was a fraud as a player. Were people snickering about how dumb the Bills were to sign this guy for a zillion dollars??..Someone had to know. Anyone here from Houston??

The only other explanation is that the guy suddenly forgot how to play football in his extended offseason.

This is the thing I just dont get. How in the world could such a colossal mistake have been made?--Can anyone on this board

think of a bigger miscalculation on a young veteran of the NFL? We aren't talking a college kid here. The guy played in the league for years.

He has been playing hurt in a new system, why don't you save this commentary until he has played a season. Look at Peppers first year in Chicago.

How many other teams were interested in Mario? I seem to recall a 300-or so-page long thread demanding we not let Mario leave town without a contract. Anyone remember that? Anyone?

PTR

I do recall a report that the Titans were going to have Mario for a visit and were willing to pay the same amount (or close to) that we paid Mario. However, Tennessee was heavily invested in the Peyton Manning pursuit that they decided to focus on him more.

Does the name Albert Hanesworth ring a bell?

Mario Williams ~ Albert Hanesworth ~ B U S T "wrist injury" or not.........

I'm seriously tired of this Mario Bashing. It literally started immediately after the Jets game. Talk about a colossal mistake; Mario signing in Buffalo. Cause now he has to deal with the bipolar and irrational Bills fanbase.

Get used to it - it will continue until his pathetic @ss is out of town which hopefully won't be long.....

Edited by Azucho98

Julius Peppers, who I believe was a better player than Mario when he signed with Chicago, took a year before he started making the impact he does now. The expectations were ridiculously high. People expected him to have 15 sacks by now. I'm still thrilled that we have MW on the squad for the next 5 years or so. I'm not worried about him, yet.

Get over it, he's a good player, not going to get 2 sacks a game...nuff said.

Did you happen to miss the other 352 threads about how Mario sucks this week? Or did you just feel that your opinion was so special that it deserved it's own thread? I'm 100% sure this useless post would have fit much better in an existing thread on the same. exact. topic.

Get over it, he's a good player, not going to get 2 sacks a game...nuff said.

He's the higest paid defensive player in the NFL and he STINKS. He plays with zero fire, he has no heart, and it seems he'd rather be somewhere else.

Two sacks a game? You are lucky if he makes two tackles a game. Oh yea - his wrist hurts...what a friggin pansy.

Does the name Albert Hanesworth ring a bell?

Mario Williams ~ Albert Hanesworth ~ B U S T "wrist injury" or not.........

Get used to it - it will continue until his pathetic @ss is out of town which hopefully won't be long.....

I'm pretty sure you need to get used to Mario being in Buffalo. He signed a 6 year deal. He is 13% through his time in Buffalo. 13%!!!! And you want him to get out of Buffalo. Give me a break man.

I'm pretty sure you need to get used to Mario being in Buffalo. He signed a 6 year deal. He is 13% through his time in Buffalo. 13%!!!! And you want him to get out of Buffalo. Give me a break man.

So you are happy with a 6 year 100 mil puke being on this team and doing NOTHING to earn it? You must be a FItzpicksix, Nix, Gailey supporter too....

Along with your questionable math skills, why not jump in here and defend that DT you took for your name

These piss on Mario threads make me wish I weren't a Bills fan. Being associated with this kind of behavior is more embarrassing to me than the Bills' performance.

Watch him play football - thats more embarassing than any comment made here....His play speaks for itself.

He cried like a baby about the refs after the Jets game, and since then he's cried about his "injured" wrist. What excuse will he come up with next.....

Edited by Azucho98

Along with your questionable math skills, why not jump in here and defend that DT you took for your name

This hardly warrants a response, but you can check the math if you want, 7 out of 96 works out to 13.7%. Maybe I should have rounded up to please you. As for Marcel, the kid has the talent and is only halfway through his second season as a pro. He has been struggling recently but I'm not stupid enough to give up on a second year player that has shown the talent necessary to be successful.

EDIT: 7/96 is 7.3% not 13.7%. Thanks for the correction MarkyMannn.

So you are happy with a 6 year 100 mil puke being on this team and doing NOTHING to earn it? You must be a FItzpicksix, Nix, Gailey supporter too....

I'm going to ignore your last sentence as it literally has nothing to do with this discussion. Call me crazy for not giving up on a player with 7 games in a Bills uni with 5.5 years remaining on his time here. Julius Peppers struggled his first year in Chicago, no? Give up on him all you want, but the logical and not overly emotional people on here are willing to give him some more time without a wrist injury that you so clearly know more about than anyone not named Mario Williams.

Peace out football talk on TBD. This post put me over the top

I'm about to join you Cap'n. I miss sane people.

Edited by Marcellosaurus

[

I'm going to ignore your last sentence as it literally has nothing to do with this discussion. Call me crazy for not giving up on a player with 7 games in a Bills uni with 5.5 years remaining on his time here. Julius Peppers struggled his first year in Chicago, no? Give up on him all you want, but the logical and not overly emotional people on here are willing to give him some more time without a wrist injury that you so clearly know more about than anyone not named Mario Williams.

It doesn't have anything to do with the discussion? Maybe you need to re-read the thread title again.......you came in here defending the loser...lol

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.