FRANKENSTORM!!!!!

GG

Just hoping that my power isnt out for a week at a clip, like it was the last two storms. Hopefully, if I get any houseguests, which would be cool, they will bring wings.

We can't bring the wing machine if you have no power, get er done

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better add a good chainsaw to that tool list. If you still have leaves left on the trees, that heavy wet snow may bring a few trees down. Let us know how the old snow blower works on a wet snow/wet leaves mixture.

:huh:

I'm not seeing anything about snow. Temps here in CT throughout this thing are still projecting 60s as a high and 50 as a low.

It's going to be wind and rain.

And of course we have the electrician all set to connect my generator.......next Thursday. :doh:

Now that is too funny!!!

My office is literally on the Hudson River. You would think the Russians are gonna bomb us too, this place is preparing for def con 83

As is this

BTW, the great Commonwealth of VA the first to declare a State of Emergency...48 friggen hours before the storm even gets here!

Edited by plenzmd1

Better add a good chainsaw to that tool list. If you still have leaves left on the trees, that heavy wet snow may bring a few trees down. Let us know how the old snow blower works on a wet snow/wet leaves mixture.

Even if it doesn't snow, old dead limbs may come down and need to be cut up. Happened to me last year during Tropical Storm Irene. Didn't occur to me to buy a chainsaw until a bunch of limbs came down in my yard.

Then I'm out in my yard with an old fashioned saw trying to cut up these limbs when I realized I probably need a chainsaw

:huh:

I'm not seeing anything about snow. Temps here in CT throughout this thing are still projecting 60s as a high and 50 as a low.

It's going to be wind and rain.

There may be snow if the Canadian front comes down at the perfect time.

Weekend weatherman freakout is starting.

BTW, the great Commonwealth of VA the first to declare a State of Emergency...48 friggen hours before the storm even gets here!

Mittens had to cancel his Saturday trip to the Farm Bureau Live Virginia Beach Ampitheatre

Had no plans to go but I was kind of curious how that would have been portrayed in the national press. Obama spoke at the same venue last month and the Washington Post said he was speaking to a farm bureau in southern Virginia :lol:

There may be snow if the Canadian front comes down at the perfect time.

Weekend weatherman freakout is starting.

Only for higher elevations in west virgina up through pennsylvania, there just isn't enough cold air available to snow for most.

Add NY to the state of emergency. Time to go buy the french toast ingredients.

Only for higher elevations in west virgina up through pennsylvania, there just isn't enough cold air available to snow for most.

Add NY to the state of emergency. Time to go buy the french toast ingredients.

Any Storm Shopping List

• Eggs, 3 dozen
  • Bread, 4-5 loaves
  • Milk, 2 gallons

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Now that is too funny!!!

As is this

Yea - flood risk you want to be ahead on it. It'd be negligent not to have it declared in advance. (Disclaimer: I've only seen cliffnotes on this storm, but flooding is a whole different beast than your typical snow declarations)

Yea - flood risk you want to be ahead on it. It'd be negligent not to have it declared in advance. (Disclaimer: I've only seen cliffnotes on this storm, but flooding is a whole different beast than your typical snow declarations)

Storm's supposed to come ashore at high tide during a full moon. You couldn't time it better to maximize coastal flooding.

Hoping for the best, planing for the worst.

I have already started prepping, one boat will be on a trailer in the driveway for my escape (if the storm surge gets too high), the other lashed to the bulkhead/floating dock. Generator is already in place above last years water line (3 1/2 feet) will start moving all tools and equipment from lower level of the house tonight and tommorow. Will lash down deck furniture and outdoor grill as well as any objects that may go airborne during high winds (birdhouses, potted plants, small children and Aaron Maybin). Last years flood/storm I had a few large fish in my driveway, even had a 4 foot shark..(apparently it blew out of someones pool )

Where do you live?

Storm's supposed to come ashore at high tide during a full moon. You couldn't time it better to maximize coastal flooding.

Not necessarily.

For example, it could make landfall at a spot where the Bills defense happens to be, thereby endangering Iowa.

PA just declared and Philly is under SOE effective 5pm tomorrow thru 5pm Tuesday