• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Except, Barry Bonds hit home runs.

He was juiced, of course, but....

I understand that, obviously, but my point was almost the entire San Fran Giants roster despised Bonds his whole time on the left coast.

Lets not hit the panic button until the end of the season. It's a good thing that his contract is actually just 50,000,000 guranteed. But still, that's still too much. The Bills should have made conditions under his contract and incentives for the Protection of the Organization.

Not sure about a panic button, but there is just cause for serious concern. I am not sure too many people would be upset if he wasn't leading the league in sacks and being a total beast, but he hasn't even showed up? He already has more excuses for poor games then he does sacks, and the season is 25% over already, not like it is still week one.

There is always some jokester who takes a situation like this and points out that Ralph is cheap. In this case, it is surprising to me that a player would actually have to have his own stereo. If it truly is as difficult as some would like us to believe it is to attract quality free agents to Buffalo, you would think the Bills would treat players more like Mark Cuban does, and cater to their creature comforts in an attempt to make them happy so that this happiness MIGHT trnaslate into better play on the field.

But then again, with 100M, 50M guaranteed, how much happier can you actually make a guy?

Agreed he's sucked but let's be honest. Fans are completely irrational. I joked when they got him that fans would want to cut him if he didn't get a sack the 1st game. And guess what? We had those threads. Bottomline, he may very well be a bust. But almost every fan wanted him. And to give up on him after 4 games is almsot as pathetic as his play on the field. The Bills have missed the playoffs 12 years but this is still Mario's 1st year here. A lot of frustration with a franchise is being placed on a guy who is a quarter through his 1st season.

agreed. when it comes down to it, you have to believe theres a law of averages with production and his ability showing up at that average - which has been very good for a very long time.

hes not a guy getting his first big pay check, so haynesworth type reactions to it should be less likely.

most likely - hes adjusting to the scheme, and assignments and when to freelance vs when to hold his role (getting used to the guys next to him) and trying to stick to his bull rush which is likely the best way for him to pressure consistently without vacating his gaps..... and dealing with a wrist injury that we have no idea how minor/serious it is effecting him.... but is likely hurting that bull rush technique as its a lot of pressure on the joint.

Mario is going to go in with others and own 10% of the team. 100 mil should do it. So be nice to our next part owner. All of you wish you got that kind of deal he did. Good for him. Mr Barnum said: -- and Nix just happened to be born that day. Be happy and enjoy the show.

To another poster's point - This team really needs a Shawn Merriman or similar in the locker room....someone with the onions to smash the stereo and send a message. At this point, I am not sure that person is on the roster. I was hoping Marcell would be the guy, but he seems more the quiet type than fiery leader. If I were the Bills, I would seriously consider bringing a Merriman back just to instill some leadership.... He might be rich, but from what it appears, Mario is a nice role player and more a baffoon than leader...

I don't think the issue is, at heart, about what a player has, or that he has parameters set up to be shielded from reporters - if there is an issue it would be about a player having too much power in relation to coaches and other players. This is a team sport, so much so that often times the teams which have played best together as a team have been more successful than the teams (recent Dallas and Redskin teams come to mind) that have tried to rely on buying high priced superstars, at the expense of team chemistry. Mario should have been treated like every other player, once the contract was signed - and if he were to have been, perhaps we'd be seeing a player who actually is playing to prove something, as opposed to a player who seems to have nothing to prove to anyone on the field.

This could be a problem if the front office doesn't make sure he is treated fairly - fairly in regards the rest of the team. How difficult is that going to be when he's making more than all the personnel men combined? I don't know - but, I do know there are coaches who could handle it.

Kind of sounds like the arrogance and special treatment Barry Bonds used to get in San Fran. I also read where there are already eyes rolling in the lockerroom from his teammates too. That can't be a good thing.

Yeah it does, difference is....barry bonds hit home runs. Mario doesn't get sacks or tackles

Kind of sounds like the arrogance and special treatment Barry Bonds used to get in San Fran. I also read where there are already eyes rolling in the lockerroom from his teammates too. That can't be a good thing.

Mario Williams is nothing like Barry Bonds. You have no clue as to what you are talking about. No group of fans anywhere jumps on and off a player's bandwagon faster than this group. We have run more good players out of town than are on the team.

Its pretty crazy how this board has swung from hysteria to outrage towards Mario. However Mario has brought all this on himself with his pathetic on field performance.

Three words are very important in my statement. "May" and "end up".. nothing is set in stone yet, but the way this is going, it may get there. He needs to pick it up... fast.

Has any other player expressed an interest in having a refrigerator in their locker? Was there a longstanding "no refrigerators in player lockers" policy, or is Mario just the first player to pimp out his locker this way? Do any of the New England Patriots have refrigerators in their locker? I feel that the whole story has yet to be told. We already knew that Stevie Johnson drops passes due to overuse of Twitter. Now we need to know if easy access to bottled water is causing Mario to overhydrate... and once he's bloated he can't defend himself against hands to the face?

Except, Barry Bonds hit home runs.

He was juiced, of course, but....

If you followed the WHOLE career of Bonds. You would see he hit a chitload of them (hundreds actually) before he hit the juice, and really it's just entertainment who cares anymore. Everyone did/does it. I personally (his personality aside) loved the juiced Bonds. He was feared. And for the life of me never understood why he hit the juice. Most likely he was pissed at McGuires HR record and that's the reasoning.

Watching M. Williams through game 4, I see no fear from opposing tackles. Granted he is accounted for but he is not bringing it period. Maybe he needs a decent barca lounger to go with his new fridge? Bonds are sitting empty now in storage.

A week or so ago, I heard Paul Hamilton (whom I usually like) complaining that Mario has a refrigerator by his locker where he keeps bottles of water. Who cares? Why is that such a big deal. I have a small refrigerator from Costco in my office. No big deal.

The bigger deal (not for me but for the media) is that he is only made available to them twice a week. As a fan, I don't care about that either. In fact, I understand why he would not want to have to do interviews every day. Yet, when I heard about this a few weeks back, I had a feeling that the media would not like it. In the end, I don't care.

What I care about is his and the team's performance on the field. In the few games so far, we certainly are not getting the return on our investment that we thought we would get from him or Anderson. I really hope that they both start playing up to their contracts. That is what I care about. I am not ready to "throw dirt on him" (as Chan would say). Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the game when he and our defensive line play the way we hoped that they would.

These are pretty much my feelings to. I also have a refrigerator at work. It doesn't matter. Speaking to the press twice a week is plenty. He's not the President or anything. How critical is it to have daily access to the LDE of the Buffalo Bills? I know we're in the age where people tweet whenever they go to the toilet but come on.

The only thing I care about is how he is performing on the field. To this point he has been slightly above average, which is obviously not what the Bills paid for. If he has the drive to prove himself worth what he's getting paid then he'll take it personally and step it up.

Football is totally unique when it comes to high-priced free agents going to a new team. No other team sport relies on proper execution by league-minimum players to the highest paid for success.

I would agree for the most part, however the MLS has the greatest wage disparity by far. Take the LA Galaxy for example. You have Landon Donovan, David Beckham and Robbie Keane making over $2.4 million per year, and then 1/5 of the team makes less than $50,000.

So, with a player like Beckham, he is making 120x more than the lowest paid players on the team. Now, with the league minimum for the NFL being $390,000, that would mean the highest paid player on the team would have to make $46,800,000 per year to match the MLS.

It should be noted that a lot of these player don't start, however there are many starters in the MLS that make less $70,000. Which would still be 57x more.