Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

Exactly...100% correct... B-)

I'd maybe put Montana ahead of Brady...I think you could make an argument for Peyton, but I'd still take Brady...Young, Rodgers, and Johnny U?...No way... B-)

Steve Young? :lol::lol: :lol: Rodgers not even close yet.... P-Gump is regular season only... Johnny U is definitely in the conversation though.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you post a thread calling out the QB immediately after a bad loss, don't be surprised when people look at everything that went into that loss. If you don't want to be tied so closely to a specific game, maybe you should wait for a day or two for the post-game dissection to die down.

It's been said ad nauseum...This is a QB's league...Even with the terrible Defense and the fumbles, if Fitz does not throw the INT's, The Bills have a chance...Maybe they don't win...But it's closer...That's the thing about the QB position...Everything is magnified, and for good reason...One of his INT's could have gone for 6 points with an accurate throw...Then he over-throws another WR with a step deep...He does make good throws, but against good Defenses he routinely makes too many mistakes...

So yes there were other factors today...But when a QB throws 4 INT's it's pretty much always the leading factor...And again, there is a reason for it... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

i have been off the fitztragic train since week one, i admit i was one of the guys giving him a pass because of the "rib" injury last year and held out hope but week one he proved nothing has changed, if anyone stops the run like the pats did today we are screwed :wallbash:

stats are for losers, because people who spout off stats to show how "wrong" everyone else is usually are trying to make excuses for failure.

Winners just point to the scoreboard and head home with the girls.

Truer words have never been written.

Not trying to defend Fitz, but one of his INTs was deflected by Wilfork at the line of scrimmage. I would be willing to overlook that one when racking up reasons why he isn't very good. And Wilfork had to reach pretty high to get to the ball, so it wasn't thrown particularly low thus making it easy to deflect.

Lol. Wilfork jumped 7 millimeters in the air. The throw was tipped because fitz threw it too low. Period. More stupid excuses. "Wilfork had to reach pretty high". Lol

Everyone knows he's not a good QB. He isn't the worst QB in the league. He's our best QB right now. We need to upgrade. We can't upgrade right now. Hopefully Buddy or Whaley can get someone in here this offseason. I'm tired of watching him miss wide open wrs and underthrow the deep ball for interceptions.

stats are for losers, because people who spout off stats to show how "wrong" everyone else is usually are trying to make excuses for failure.

Winners just point to the scoreboard and head home with the girls.

I get that people are saying that Fitz is not responsible for the 45 points and all but are you guys seriously saying that after throwing 4 interceptions he is completely guilt free? The major reason we lost is because the D couldn't make any stops in the 2nd half but a good portion of responsibility lies with the Offense for turning the ball over SIX times and their constant punts. The same thing happened against the Jets, the Bills D was completely run down and the Offense didn't give them any time to rest. When the offense started making drives the defense started making stops.

Bills Fan, you have some good points, but let's break it down.

3 turnovers in the 1st half, right? Then a TD in the 3rd quarter. At this point, it's 21-7 and the 3 first half TO are moot.

So partway through the 3rd quarter, the O has 2 3-and-out series. We both agree teams have 3 and out series sometimes?

At this point, it's on the D to get off the field - not to let Brady march down the field 3 consecutive times. There were no INTs or fumbles at that point. The Bills got a TD and gave the D a nice rest to go with their nice rest at halftime, then the D just went to sleep and let Brady drive 80, 85, and 63 yds down the field.

That is NOT on the offense, no matter what FJ says in his presser. That's 100% on the D to stop that. At that point the Pats are in the lead, and the Bills D has given up a 14 point lead. Those are facts.

Now we get into the ol' fashioned ass-whuppin for which the O can hang their heads - the FredEx fumble, Fitzy's 3rd interception that put the Pats* up by 2 TDs.

That's on the O and after that it was one great big ball-o-shame.

You can give the D a pass and put it all on Fitz and the O if you like, I don't.

Edited by Hopeful

3 turnovers in the 1st half, right? Then a TD in the 3rd quarter. At this point, it's 21-7 and the 3 first half TO are moot.

Those TOs turned out to be great practice for Brady to make all of his mistakes and work out the kinks. The 2nd half was perfect because we gave him so much practice drives in the 1st half.

Edited by benderbender

I still say Fitz is the best Bills QB since Flutie... what a sad state of affairs. :bag:

That very true statement makes me want to cry... :lol:

So partway through the 3rd quarter, the O has 2 3-and-out series. We both agree teams have 3 and out series sometimes?

At this point, it's on the D to get off the field - not to let Brady march down the field 3 consecutive times. There were no INTs or fumbles at that point. The Bills got a TD and gave the D a nice rest to go with their nice rest at halftime, then the D just went to sleep and let Brady drive 80, 85, and 63 yds down the field.

That is NOT on the offense, no matter what FJ says in his presser. That's 100% on the D to stop that. At that point the Pats are in the lead, and the Bills D has given up a 14 point lead. Those are facts.

Now we get into the ol' fashioned ass-whuppin for which the O can hang their heads - the FredEx fumble, Fitzy's 3rd interception that put the Pats* up by 2 TDs.

You can give the D a pass and put it all on Fitz and the O if you like, I don't.

All that may very well be true...

But Fitz is still not good enough...And he's the QB... B-)

By that logic, then why are you not pointing out that if Fitz doesnt throw 2 INTs int he first half that maybe the offense is up 35 to 7 in the 2nd half instead of 21 to 7. Not to mention, the missed wide open TD to Graham...maybe they are up 42-7 and we are the ones blowing them out.

There is no amount of spin anyone can spew here that validates Fitz as a starting NFL QB. Yes, he is better than Thigpen, I dont know if he is better than TJ yet though. Everyone saying hes our best option...good for you, state the obvious. That doesnt make him a good QB or one we can win with consistently.

Bottom line...This is Fitz's last year as the clear starter...PERIOD. This team needs to either go out and acquire someone to take over, or they need a draft a guy that competes with Fitz out the gate. Best case scenario for Fitz is that he gets to keep the seat warm part of the season next year for a rookie.

3 people need to go on this team this year:

1. Fitz...obviously

2. Wannstedt - this guy has no clue how to blitz or adjust. His play calls are atrocious

3. Who ever is calling the offense - I dont know if this is Chan or what, but who ever INSISTS on going 5 wide constantly and pretty much running the whole offense from shotgun (even when we run the ball) almost the whole game. Who ever it is who refuses to ACCEPT that Fitz cant get it done and that our O Line has been dominating and paving the wave for a devastating run game needs to step away from the play calling. This team is built to run and its about damn time they embraced it. All these bombs and out routes that Fitz cant hit need to stop and they need to pound the rock with our stud RB's and move the chains so our D doesnt have a stroke on the field.

Edited by Alphadawg7

fitz throws a horrible deep ball.....

amongst many passes that are thrown behind the wr's...... there was one play where stevie was WIDE OPEN by +10 yards down the sidelines....and fitz throws it out of bounds......another where stevie was going down the middle, had a step or two on the db....and fitz under threw it, resulting in an interception (stevie could have come back to the ball better, but a horrible throw).

Re: 2. Is Nix that afraid of committing to a QB that he found something wrong with every one of them in the past 3 drafts there was a reasonable chance of taking? And did he eschew taking a QB in 2010 to stock a defense he ultimately never filled? Because if the GM and HC can't get the QB position right, there ain't nothing going to make up for it.

You've got that right.