Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

This board is so predictable. An embarrassing 600+ freaking yards allowed by our defense. Allowed two 100+ yard rushers and a pair of 100+ yard receivers. Our D-line didn't get close enough to sniff Brady's expensive cologne, and Wanny apparently fell asleep in the coaches box.

And we're ragging on our quarterback.

Party on, guys!

Here's the deal Kaz. If Fitz hits many of the open receivers (ours, not theirs), then Brady never gets the ball and the Pats offense are spectators while the Bills waste 40 seconds on each play. The defense sucked, but when your offense goes 3 and out, 3 and out, interception, 3 and out, interception....don't you think it puts the defense in an even worse position? And that's what Fitz does. No matter how dominant the Bills defense is, he will always put them in the worst possible position and take them from bad to WTF!!!

I still say Fitz is the best Bills QB since Flutie... what a sad state of affairs. :bag:

My god you're right!. I'm gonna go throw up now.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal Kaz. If Fitz hits many of the open receivers (ours, not theirs), then Brady never gets the ball and the Pats offense are spectators while the Bills waste 40 seconds on each play. The defense sucked, but when your offense goes 3 and out, 3 and out, interception, 3 and out, interception....don't you think it puts the defense in an even worse position? And that's what Fitz does. No matter how dominant the Bills defense is, he will always put them in the worst possible position and take them from bad to WTF!!!

I know this is a tired line, but did you actually watch the game?

Neither of Fitzpatrick's first-half INTs resulted in points. As a matter of fact, the Pats got just one first down combined off those.

The two second-half INTs were the result of trying to press the issue once the horse was already out of the barn.

There is enough ammunition out there to assassinate Fitzpatrick, you shouldn't have to make up crap.

you're a bit off in the way your describing the game with respect to the three and outs and the flow of the game. lets not alter history to prove a point.

83 yd drive for touchdown in 3rd quarter for 21-7 lead with 11:08 seconds left in 3rd.

next drive pats go 8 plays 80yds for TD: 21-14

Bills get ball and go 3 and out (first 3 and out) in a while.

Pats get ball go 8 plays 66 yds for TD: 21-21

Bills get ball and go 3 and out...here you can say, OK, two 3 and outs in a row is pretty rough on the defense, but the Pats had already come back and tied it at this point.

Pats get ball go 5 plays 62 yds for TD: 28-21.

Next drive: fred jackson fumbles the ball: turnover.

Pats get ball 6 plays 41 yds for TD: 35-21 with 11 minutes left in 4th Quarter.

So at this point the lead is beyond gone.

Next Drive Fitz throws INT. Pats TD: 42 - 21; Bills score TD bring it to 42-28 with 6 minutes left and the Pats seal the deal 6 plays 49 yds to bring the score 49-28 with 4 minutes to play. GAME OVER.

That is how it happened. So much for blaming Fitz and the offense for blowing that lead. Heaven forbid you have two 3 and outs in a row. Poor defense can't handle it after resting for 15 minutes during half time. The FJ fumble sealed the deal at that point in the game.

Edited by bobobonators

you're a bit off in the way your describing the game with respect to the three and outs and the flow of the game. lets not alter history to prove a point.

He's on a roll, let him go. For his next post, I predict he'll accuse Fitzpatrick of running towards the wrong endzone.

Wait. How does this topic relate to Mario Williams? I am not sure I see your point. it's Mario Williams fault he threw those 4 INT's. Bet you didnt know what.

Wait those 4 INT's didn't result in 4 scores for the Patriots, did they? Oh, two of them were 3 and outs? Oh, one was a bad deflection of which Brady had 4 last year? Oh, the defense allowed 28 straight points in four drives after our QB got us a 2 score lead single-handedly? No, I forgot we had a spectacular run game yesterday, Fitzpatrick barely had to throw or score at all.

Fitzpatrick played well enough that we should have won that game. No question.

Edited by FireChan

But guys he leads the NFL in TD passes that must mean he is the best!!11 Better than Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan and all those other bums..

/end sarcasm

He blows and so does the defense..so stop spinning your wheels debating which is worse, they both suck.

Anyone want to chime in on the job of QB guru David Lee at the quarter mile pole? So far, I'm not seeing the guru sauce at the position.

changing a QB's "mechanics" usually results in a short term step back. when you've been throwing the ball whatever is your natural way for 10 years....it's hard to change. i almost think its a complete waste of time. by the time you master a new throwing motion you'll be out of a job. your probably better off going back and analyzing all your interceptions and stop calling a cetain play that is a high frequency.

having said that, Fitzpicksix just throws a lousy deep ball....that is NEVER going to change....he is a quick release underneath guy.

You know, our defense is allowed to make the other team go 3 and out also. How many times did they do that in the second half?

Could you repeat that, we didn;t hear you...

Wait those 4 INT's didn't result in 4 scores for the Patriots, did they? Oh, two of them were 3 and outs? Oh, one was a bad deflection of which Brady had 4 last year? Oh, the defense allowed 28 straight points in four drives after our QB got us a 2 score lead single-handedly? No, I forgot we had a spectacular run game yesterday, Fitzpatrick barely had to throw or score at all.

Fitzpatrick played well enough that we should have won that game. No question.

Well enough = 4 INT's? If thats well enough I would hate to see a bad game by Fitz.

You know, our defense is allowed to make the other team go 3 and out also. How many times did they do that in the second half?

Could you repeat that, we didn;t hear you...

The D was bad. We all know that, but saying the Defense was bad and giving Fitz a pass is just silly, IMO.

Well enough = 4 INT's? If thats well enough I would hate to see a bad game by Fitz.

The D was bad. We all know that, but saying the Defense was bad and giving Fitz a pass is just silly, IMO.

We were winning at the beginning of the 3rd. When he had 3 TD's 3 INT. Winning by two scores. Did you watch the game he didn't have one bad play that changed the game, besides the throw he forced to try to keep us in it after they put 28 straight points on us. Obviously, you're just reading the stat sheet instead of the context.

We were winning at the beginning of the 3rd. When he had 3 TD's 3 INT. Winning by two scores. Did you watch the game he didn't have one bad play that changed the game

So...Greatly under-throwing a wide open TJ Graham, resulting in an INT is not a Game changer because the Pats went 3 and out following that? Really?...That was 6 right there...I promise you a HC is not looking at that INT and saying it's OK because The pats did not follow it up with a score...It was a missed GOLDEN opportunity...The type you get only once or twice a game...Then he over compensates and overthrows the next time he has a man open deep...Another example was the throw to a wide-open Stevie Johnson that led him out of bounds...These are opportunities that the top QB's absolutely kill you on...Fitz reads them, but all to often he can't back it up with his arm...Those plays change the game in many ways because they also frustrate the hell out of the guy that beat his man soundly...And against Brady, and the Pats, you damn well need every one you can get...

I get your point, and it has some validity...But...Just saying... B-)

So...Greatly under-throwing a wide open TJ Graham, resulting in an INT is not a Game changer because the Pats went 3 and out following that? Really?...That was 6 right there...I promise you a HC is not looking at that INT and saying it's OK because The pats did not follow it up with a score...It was a missed GOLDEN opportunity...The type you get only once or twice a game...Then he over compensates and overthrows the next time he has a man open deep...Another example was the throw to a wide-open Stevie Johnson that led him out of bounds...These are opportunities that the top QB's absolutely kill you on...Fitz reads them, but all to often he can't back it up with his arm...Those plays change the game in many ways because they also frustrate the hell out of the guy that beat his man soundly...And against Brady, and the Pats, you damn well need every one you can get...

I get your point, and it has some validity...But...Just saying... B-)

And I understand yours. I suppose I can sum up my argument that this loss doesn't reside on Fitzpatrick's shoulders. He played well enough to get us a lead, but combined with two RB fumbles and a defense who were non existent in the second half, he couldn't win us the game.

Had Johnson wide open in the third and he threw the ball OOB. Had a wide open Johnson in the fourth and he threw the ball where Johnson had no opportunity to keep his feet in bounds. Both of those were before the game was over. Graham is too fast for him; he outruns Fitzpatrick's throws.

Well, to be fair, he also overthrew Graham later in the game. Oh, and TJ was behind the secondary on that play too.