Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

So points against good defenses in a loss don't count? Really! Dumb logic!

Does Fitz get to discredit the 2 garbage time interceptions also? Your logic suggests this. Maybe you are the one who needs to rethink!

Of course not, if we lose, these "fans" would rather Fitzpatrick doesn't put up 3 TD's and have a chance at winning. They would rather us get shut out and never throw until we get a miracle QB from a draft that will never happen.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll end my input on this thread by saying I'm happy there are still 2 Fitz supporters left. He needs some love along with his pathetic head coach.

You're right, the defense isn't even an issue, we need a QB to be able to put up 70 points a game, and then we won't even need defense. Let's draft Geno Smith, he had 8 TD's I'm sure he can get 10+ a game in the NFL, and if he doesn't we'll declare him a bust and try again. It's just like playing the PowerBall, there's a winner somewhere, right? You obviously have a realistic viewpoint after today's game.

You're right, the defense isn't even an issue, we need a QB to be able to put up 70 points a game, and then we won't even need defense. Let's draft Geno Smith, he had 8 TD's I'm sure he can get 10+ a game in the NFL, and if he doesn't we'll declare him a bust and try again. It's just like playing the PowerBall, there's a winner somewhere, right? You obviously have a realistic viewpoint after today's game.

We understand where you stand.

The loss is pinned on the defense only. Fitzpatrick had a good game.

In today's NFL, this team aint winning anything with Fitz as its QB. He is what he is, and has been, throughout his career .... an average NFL QB.

San Francisco has an average QB and they went to the NFC championship. The Jets have an average QB and they thrashed us. So where does that leave your point?

He had his best game this season, and without a defensive collapse, we would've won it. Fitzpatrick didn't play like a top 5 QB, which I will admit, but to expect him to play at that caliber is foolish and jaded. He gave a game-winning performance. The rest of the team couldn't hold on against the Patriots, and we lost.

Fitzpatrick had a poor game, but the defense was so far below "poor" that it feels ludicrous even thinking that a QB change will accomplish anything.

Fitzpatrick had a poor game, but the defense was so far below "poor" that it feels ludicrous even thinking that a QB change will accomplish anything.

I wouldn't even say poor, he played well enough that we could've won with a competent DC. Which is all I would ask of a QB with two banged-up RB's who are the main talent.

San Francisco has an average QB and they went to the NFC championship. The Jets have an average QB and they thrashed us. So where does that leave your point?

Alex Smith is a much better QB that Fitz is.

So long as Brady is in this division anyone with an average QB or less can kiss dethroning the Pats as division champs.

Alex Smith is a much better QB that Fitz is.

So long as Brady is in this division anyone with an average QB or less can kiss dethroning the Pats as division champs.

And how do you suggest finding an above average QB? Fish in the dark and hope we get another Peyton?

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

A misread on the last that I chalk up to the WR and the delection that is just bad luck. Not trying to say anything. Just that if those dont happen we have a chance. Fitz played bad but even if those two INTS dont happen we aren't killing him quite as bad.

Wayne, once AGAIN, no one is defending the defense. The defense sucking and Fitz sucking are NOT mutually exclusive. They both stunk.

Fitz consistently over or under throws. One key was on a 3rd and 17. He had Stevie WIDE open and had enough time in the pocket to make a sandwich, and of course missed him badly.

Then late in the game (game likely out of hand) he had Stevie even MORE open and threw it so high SJ had to go out of bounds to catch it.

The defense was putrid today. Don't insult your fellow fans by making it seem like we don't get that. But Fitz is NOT a NFL caliber QB.

Does the D need help? Of course!!! They let up 52 points. But that doesn't mean we don't need a different QB as well.

Great post! :thumbsup: I agree with it 100%, from start to finish.

Great post! :thumbsup: I agree with it 100%, from start to finish.

The only problem with that stance is you think that if we had an "NFL caliber" QB we would have won today. Which is false, no matter what. If we didn't fumble on the 1 we might have won today, but I haven't heard anyone talk about that. Fitzpatrick played well enough beyond unlucky breaks and a few bad throws to win us this game. and the defense lost it for us. That's a fact.

It's up to the GM to get the above average QB. Until the Bills get one they aren't dethroning the Pats with Brady at QB.

You don't think if they knew who the next Tom Brady was, they wouldn't draft him? How many QB's have we attempted to draft that everyone thought was going to be spectacular and they end up being awful? Obviously, if we could get a superstar QB we'd win more games. But it wouldn't have changed today's outcome.

A misread on the last that I chalk up to the WR and the delection that is just bad luck. Not trying to say anything. Just that if those dont happen we have a chance. Fitz played bad but even if those two INTS dont happen we aren't killing him quite as bad.

I imagine some would be.

The funny thing is I agree with the Fitz detractors that he isn't the answer, and I'm ready to see the Bills make a move to try and get a better QB in here. But I'm disgusted by the play of the defense in a way that I'm not with Fitz. There has been heavy investment in the D over the last several years, and a performance like this deserves to stand and be criticized on its own. Fitz is the player I expected him to be, but I expected him to have a defense backing him up that would permit him to muddle through.

As much as i despise Fitzvomit I must say this wasn't on him 100% maybe like 35%... He gave us exactly who he is, who he had been all year. A guy that will underthrow then overthrow. Throw touchdown and but interceptions all in one game. He wont lead you to a win nor will he make a comeback he can but he probably won't. But this is on the defensive line 175 million dollar line that got bi***ched by NE. The secondary was great but that line got bitc**ed. Super Mario is more like baby Mario looking for a mushroom...