Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

Is there any way to re-word the topic of this thread to make it any more clear that today's game is not why I'm bailing on Fitz or do I have to keep reading about people talking about the Defense and the fumbles?

When you post a thread calling out the QB immediately after a bad loss, don't be surprised when people look at everything that went into that loss. If you don't want to be tied so closely to a specific game, maybe you should wait for a day or two for the post-game dissection to die down.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And for everyone saying that fitz is average at best, he leads the league in TDs..ya he also has a high amount of ints but no one here is saying he's brady or manning. But you don't lead the league in tds and are just average, or according to some of you, garbage.

Everyone on this team needs to step up their game including fitz..but the 6000 fitz sucks threads are idiotic.

Ya that's real smart, let's put thigpen in there. This board is full of geniuses.

We're 2-2 not 0-4 like the saints and brees will be. Let's bench the league leader in tds and put in thigpen. Genius.

These threads are idiotic, yet you're comparing Fitz to Drew Brees? Drew Brees has earned his role in N.O. because of a little thing called success. Fitz has done absolutely nothing but prove over and over again that he's an above average back-up and/or a below average starter in the NFL.

During the game today I saw some things that led me to believe Coach Lee had finally been getting through to him. He looked sharper to me and his mechanics looked better. That lasted about a quarter and a half. I'm ready to go with TJax. Fitz is a one man zero sum game...

Amazing isn't it?

Brady was 22/36 340yds 3TDs 0 ints.

Fitz was 22/39 350yds 4TDs 4ints

Brady was considered to have an extremely good/great day and Fitz is considered to have an absolute chitty day. Really!

Again, as I have asked before what do you want from Fitz?

What if the QBs were switched since their numbers are almost identical? Fitz wins the game if he is on the Pats and Brady loses if he is on the Bills.

The defense gives up what they gave up today and all anybody wants to do is rag on the QB, Wow!

Hold on, Brady and Fhitztragic's numbers were almost identical? I'd say there is very big difference you ate leaving out.someone had 4 ints and someone did not. His yards are all dinks and screens that have huge YAC totals. It make' s a DC's job pretty easy to prepare v. Buffalo. Time to admit to what he is-a career backup.

The way the Bill's draft, I don't think we'll ever seen a franchise QB. There was a thread earlier this week that said 5-7 teams in the NFL have a "franchise" QB by this board's standards. I hold a different standard. I think there are so many problems with the Bill's right now, drafting a QB in 2013 will be a waste of time. It'll be a Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Colt McCoy, Kyle Orton QB and we'll have wasted another 5 years of developing. Fitz can win us games, with some help, just like Alex Smith. The Bill's need to give him that help.

> The way the Bill's draft, I don't think we'll ever seen a franchise QB.

Buddy Nix was high on Cam Newton, and would have taken him 3rd overall had he still been available. Buddy was also high on Christian Ponder, and would like to have traded back into the first to take him. Ponder is playing reasonably well for the Vikings.

> I think there are so many problems with the Bill's right now, drafting a QB in 2013 will be a waste

> of time. It'll be a Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Colt McCoy, Kyle Orton QB

The people who recommended Losman and Edwards are now gone. Yes, drafting a QB is still a risk. But if you don't take that risk, you doom yourself to mediocrity for as long as Fitz is under center. The Bills need to draft a QB in the first round. If he doesn't work out, they need to keep drafting first round QBs, until they find The Guy! :angry: Once you have The Guy, you build a team around him; knowing that his career represents your window of opportunity for a Super Bowl win.

Hold on, Brady and Fhitztragic's numbers were almost identical? I'd say there is very big difference you ate leaving out.someone had 4 ints and someone did not. His yards are all dinks and screens that have huge YAC totals. It make' s a DC's job pretty easy to prepare v. Buffalo. Time to admit to what he is-a career backup.

Chan calls the plays. 2 of those INT's resulted in NE 3 and outs. 1 INT was a lucky deflection. Another was when the Pats put up 28 straight on us, and he started getting riskier. Stats are for chumps who don't watch the games or care about context.

> The way the Bill's draft, I don't think we'll ever seen a franchise QB.

Buddy Nix was high on Cam Newton, and would have taken him 3rd overall had he still been available. Buddy was also high on Christian Ponder, and would like to have traded back into the first to take him. Ponder is playing reasonably well for the Vikings.

> I think there are so many problems with the Bill's right now, drafting a QB in 2013 will be a waste

> of time. It'll be a Trent Edwards, JP Losman, Colt McCoy, Kyle Orton QB

The people who recommended Losman and Edwards are now gone. Yes, drafting a QB is still a risk. But if you don't take that risk, you doom yourself to mediocrity for as long as Fitz is under center. The Bills need to draft a QB in the first round. If he doesn't work out, they need to keep drafting first round QBs, until they find The Guy! :angry: Once you have The Guy, you build a team around him; knowing that his career represents your window of opportunity for a Super Bowl win.

I get what your saying, but I don't think the Bills could build a team around anyone right now. I don't think a superstar QB could've won today, or against the Jets. We could have the next Peyton Manning and they might never perform because of the rest of our team.

Absolutely agree KAZ.

EdwardsArm: you say that Fitz couldn't do to a defense what Brady did today to us. I don't disagree. But what are you actually saying with that statement? Brady may be the greatest qb ever when his career is over. Sorry Fitz doesn't meet your lofty standards. Geeze.

JPS: he's OUR QB, but your post says it all. Keep rooting against players just to try and be "right" on a message board.

This board is so predictable. An embarrassing 600+ freaking yards allowed by our defense. Allowed two 100+ yard rushers and a pair of 100+ yard receivers. Our D-line didn't get close enough to sniff Brady's expensive cologne, and Wanny apparently fell asleep in the coaches box.

And we're ragging on our quarterback.

Party on, guys!

He is the main cog in the offense, no? He had a very bad day IMO. This thread is about the QB. Go find one about the defense, the DC or the DE if you want to B word about them.

I get what your saying, but I don't think the Bills could build a team around anyone right now. I don't think a superstar QB could've won today, or against the Jets. We could have the next Peyton Manning and they might never perform because of the rest of our team.

The Colts went 1-15 during the season leading up to them drafting Peyton Manning. Surely they must have had more problems than just at QB to have gone 1-15. Even though Manning didn't give them a Super Bowl win right away, he proved to be an extremely valuable long term addition to the team.

Absolutely agree KAZ.

EdwardsArm: you say that Fitz couldn't do to a defense what Brady did today to us. I don't disagree. But what are you actually saying with that statement? Brady may be the greatest qb ever when his career is over. Sorry Fitz doesn't meet your lofty standards. Geeze.

JPS: he's OUR QB, but your post says it all. Keep rooting against players just to try and be "right" on a message board.

> Brady may be the greatest qb ever when his career is over.

I disagree: I'd put Joe Montana, Steve Young, Johnny Unitas, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and probably a few other QBs ahead of Brady.

> Sorry Fitz doesn't meet your lofty standards.

If Fitz was half a step below Brady, the Bills could use a strong supporting cast to make up for that fact. But if Fitz is two or three steps below Brady, it becomes much harder to balance that out with a better supporting cast.

Fitzpicksix is not good enough. the single greatest impact to improve this team is to upgrade and get a franchise QB.

Exactly...100% correct... B-)

> Brady may be the greatest qb ever when his career is over.

I disagree: I'd put Joe Montana, Steve Young, Johnny Unitas, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, and probably a few other QBs ahead of Brady.

I'd maybe put Montana ahead of Brady...I think you could make an argument for Peyton, but I'd still take Brady...Young, Rodgers, and Johnny U?...No way... B-)

At this point in his career, what makes you believe he can be the guy for 4 quarters, against a division rival, or to get us to the playoffs.

I have the Fitz jersey, the original belief, and the desire for him to be good. He shows glimpses, but not a complete story.

He's not the guy to get us to the next level. I think that anyone who believes otherwise is crazy, but I'm listening.

At this point, I guess I am totally disinterested in debating whom we have at QB - good or bad

When the team is up by 2 TD, that really ought to be enough to win

Where was our D? Can we discuss whether we have the hosses on D, and the gameplan, to take us 4 quarters?

Where were the defensive adjustments?

I'm ready for whoever Gailey thinks is better prepared to lead the team to a win, either Jackson or Thigpen. Today was a game where the opposition made the game about the QB and Fitzpatrick failed miserably. I don't want to see another year go down the drain...start either of the backups. I'm so fed up I don't care which one.

Biggest errors by the current administration:

1. switching to the 3-4

2. not finding or even attempting to find the next QB via the draft

And save your excuses, they don't hold water.

Re: 2. Is Nix that afraid of committing to a QB that he found something wrong with every one of them in the past 3 drafts there was a reasonable chance of taking? And did he eschew taking a QB in 2010 to stock a defense he ultimately never filled? Because if the GM and HC can't get the QB position right, there ain't nothing going to make up for it.

Re: 2. Is Nix that afraid of committing to a QB that he found something wrong with every one of them in the past 3 drafts there was a reasonable chance of taking? And did he eschew taking a QB in 2010 to stock a defense he ultimately never filled? Because if the GM and HC can't get the QB position right, there ain't nothing going to make up for it.

So true!!! Every time I see Aaron Williams give up a TD I think of Andy Dalton...Seriously...This team, with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB, Drafted Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton...Good grief... :doh:

At this point in his career, what makes you believe he can be the guy for 4 quarters, against a division rival, or to get us to the playoffs.

I have the Fitz jersey, the original belief, and the desire for him to be good. He shows glimpses, but not a complete story.

He's not the guy to get us to the next level. I think that anyone who believes otherwise is crazy, but I'm listening.

I agree completely.

That was the last chance.

Its clear that Fitzy is not the man and never will be the man.

The dream is over the reality of getting demolished by two division rivals and atleast two more division beat downs to come this season is here.

Fitzy cannot do it and there is no evidence at all to the contrary.

Fitzpatrick is the next Jon Kitna: lots of stats, few wins

He had more TD passes than Brady today, but Brady had a much better game. It's not about stats, unless those stats are wins and losses.

Anyone who watches him throw can see that is not talented enough to win consistently at this level. Yes, he can throw little 10 yard passes and the RB or WR can outrun everyone for a 50 yd TD. That isn't going to happen forever. Then what?

I think in your defense of Nix, in a way, you're pointing out one of his problems...If he loved Cam as much as we think he did, did he try to get up to #1 and get him? I'm pretty sure he did not...If he liked Ponder that much then why not Trade back, grab extra picks, and assure you can get him?...If your Front Office is committed to finding a Franchise QB, you do what you have to do...The Bills were not committed whatsoever to finding an upgrade for Fitz in the last 2 Drafts...And that's exactly why we are where we are today at the QB position... B-)