Wannstedt needs to be fired

FireChan

Why does everything have to be either/or around here? Any time you lose this badly, there's plenty of blame to go around! :angry:

The defense stank--no one is arguing with that. But Fitz threw four interceptions today, so don't act like he didn't contribute to the loss.

One was "garbage time" because we had just gotten 28 scored on us and he was trying to force it. Another was an unlucky deflection, kinda blameless. But lets talk about CJ Spiller fumble on the 1, instead of two INT's that we held the patriots to two 3 and outs. Or the Fred Jackson fumble when we were down 7. Those fumbles cost us more than Fitzpatrick's INT's by a landslide.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills aren't going to find another DC at this point in the season. What needs to happen is Nix has to confront Wannstedt and Gailey and tell them that the expectation of the franchise is that they install an attacking, aggressive defense that will challenge opposing offenses at the line of scrimmage.

Will Nix do it? Or will he take a nap on the season?

at 72 maybe Nix is taking too many naps?

If anyone has a problem with the Bills current coaching staff then maybe banging the drum for Bob Sanders isn't exactly the best idea...

Jim Bates is available. All we need to do is find some smaller, faster linebackers and then...nevermind, we tried that already.

Honestly, after the embarrassing defensive performance against teams that aren't completely mediocre, Wannstedt has proven he can't adjust or compete with competent offenses. Nothing changed against the run in the last two quarters, where both backs tore off 100+ yards each. Obviously this guy thinks it'll all work out and he has to do nothing.

Embarrassing.

I remember when Wannstedt was hired and I said this is another example of the Bills hiring a mediocre coach to join an already mediocre head coach and staff . Well the posters at TBD exploded and repeatedly said how wrong I was in my evaluation of the Bills coaches especially Wannstedt.

Well it's only been 4 games and I have seen nothing to change my opinion about the Bills mediocre coaches. Gailey was washed up and out of the league for a good reason, ditto Wannstedt.

If you combine a poor decision maker at the top (Wilson) with mediocre management and coaches (plus a backup quality starting QB) you end up with futility year after year. Welcome to One Bills Drive.

The Bills are better than some really bad teams, but they are nowhere near a contender.

The game was crying for him to put his two linebackers in the game.

He did nothing while they were running for 11 yards every play.

At least man up and stop the run!

And the failure to blitz even once when the pass rush was ineffective was inexcusable.

He sat back and did nothing from beginning to end; tough to watch.

Some one should be fired after not calling a time out with the patsies on our three yard line and 12 men on the field. They basically conceeded a TD on the next play. Someone should have called a Timeout...wtf. Just got home from the game, wat to not make any adjustmentsto stop the run.

These coaches are close to losing this team if they keep playing Fitz.........

I remember when Wannstedt was hired and I said this is another example of the Bills hiring a mediocre coach to join an already mediocre head coach and staff . Well the posters at TBD exploded and repeatedly said how wrong I was in my evaluation of the Bills coaches especially Wannstedt.

Well it's only been 4 games and I have seen nothing to change my opinion about the Bills mediocre coaches. Gailey was washed up and out of the league for a good reason, ditto Wannstedt.

If you combine a poor decision maker at the top (Wilson) with mediocre management and coaches (plus a backup quality starting QB) you end up with futility year after year. Welcome to One Bills Drive.

The Bills are better than some really bad teams, but they are nowhere near a contender.

This unfortunately is exactly right. Old man Wilson has bad advisors and ends up hiring craptastic people to be managers who of course hire mediocre coaches. Neither the coaches or management can evaluate talent to save their lives, their schemes are old or predictable and they cannot think on their feet to make adjustments. That is why after 12 years we are in a terrible situation with no real hope.

It would be nice to mix in at least a few blitzes.

BINGO! Were there ANY blitzes today? Bills got some pressure on Brady on just a few snaps, but mostly he had a lot of time. Why not more blitzes? Our D really isnt all that good ... maybe average. When I watch other AFC teams play

NE (ala Baltimore) I see them push NE's oline back and often times a defender will get through and put serious pressure on Brady. We need to be more aggressive. I'm wishing Greg Williams was our D coordinator. Brady had all day back there. You would figure that between Mario, Dareus, Williams or Andersen that SOMEONE would get through, but I guess not.

The only redemption here is go sweep the rest of the division games, and I mean go into NE later this year and man handle them the way they did today. 45 points in second half = UNACCEPTABLE!!

I don't think Wanny should be fired, yet. But if they show one more shot of him on his cozy booth sitting on his ass then I'm going explode. He needs to be at field level. He needs to be there to fire up his players and get in their faces if necessary.

- New England* was only the 2nd team in NFL HISTORY to have two 100 yard rushers and two 100 yard receivers in the same game.

- 580 total yards surrendered today.

- 100 points allowed in TWO divisional games.

- Seemingly no in-game adjustments when things start going south.

What more do you need to see?

What i would do for a rex ryan coached D.

- The same Rex Ryan coached D that lost 34-0 at home today?

- The same Rex Ryan coached D that allowed 20, 27, & 28 points in its prior 3 games?

- The same Rex Ryan coached D that carried the team to an amazing 8-8 record last year?

I think the only three Bills fans who don't want to see an aggressive, attacking defense is Nix, Gailey, and Wannstadt.

Every team that has beaten the Patriots over the last decade have collapsed the pocket around Brady. And it's hard to miss this, because two of those loses came in the Super Bowl.

So what the hell was the gameplan for this game? Nickel and Dime packages with 2 deep coverages? Seriously?

Those superbowls - giants did it with 4 and coverage, a lot.

Those superbowls - giants did it with 4 and coverage, a lot.

Yeah, and they were able to move Brady off his spot, and that's the key. If you can't move him with four, you have to send five or six. The point is that you're not going to beat Brady with coverage if you don't pressure him.

Edited by jad1

That was my point, sorry was trying to be sarcastic but as soon as we were losing everyone in the shout box jumped on Fitz. I don't get it, the offense gives the team a nice lead, hell a really nice lead, but that's not good enough? So what's good enough 21 pts? 50 pts? And what does that say about the defense.

Apparently the O is not allowed to go 3 and out. They must score TDs on every 2nd half possession.

I did expect more from Fitz (more completions, more sacks if that's what it takes) and less (less INTs). But I expect more from Chan's game plan and play calling, too.

Forgetting Ralph is alive, pining for Perry Fewell, pining for a "Rex Ryan D", which got popped for 34 points today, and saying Fitz' picks had nothing to do with the loss.

This forum NEVER dissapoints after a bad loss.

Ever.

Wanny is still living off his Dallas superbowl victories from 2 decades ago. Mario is a bust.. I would cut him now and take the salary hit. Bench Fitzy & start Jackson.. We need a legit NFL QB. EJ Manual should be the pick.. and grab a young agreesive Densive minded coach.. Same old, same old.

No thanks on Emanuel, if the Juniors don't come out this QB draft will be weak.

I think Kevin Greene would make a great DC; 15 yrs in the league, 160 sacks coached by the great Dom Capers, LBs coach for the Packers and with his fiery personality it would rub off on the players

I think Kevin Greene would make a great DC; 15 yrs in the league, 160 sacks coached by the great Dom Capers, LBs coach for the Packers and with his fiery personality it would rub off on the players

In other words: "I've heard of him!"

It's this exact kind of thinking that makes clowns like Gregg Williams seem like HC material--- watching assistant coaches on the sideline from the couch and cobbling together bits and pieces of his playing career do not equal coaching credentials.

(Any bitterness in this post isn't directed at you, BTW. I'm just beaten down by 12+ seasons of ineptitude and empty hype.)

In other words: "I've heard of him!"

It's this exact kind of thinking that makes clowns like Gregg Williams seem like HC material--- watching assistant coaches on the sideline from the couch and cobbling together bits and pieces of his playing career do not equal coaching credentials.

(Any bitterness in this post isn't directed at you, BTW. I'm just beaten down by 12+ seasons of ineptitude and empty hype.)

none taken, I have had enough too we just got to hang in there until we (please GOD) get a winner.

but I didn't say Greene for HC but I think for DC he would be great, players now-a-days respect and play harder for coaches who were players let alone great ones. Greene is the kind of Guy had to work extremely hard to be is good as he was, which translates into good coaching and being mentored by Capers means he knows how to get pressure on the QB. At this point what do we have to lose.

No thanks on Emanuel, if the Juniors don't come out this QB draft will be weak.

so what your saying is swap back to the 34?

Apparently the O is not allowed to go 3 and out. They must score TDs on every 2nd half possession.

That plan worked for the pats* yesterday.

I did expect more from Fitz (more completions, more sacks if that's what it takes) and less (less INTs). But I expect more from Chan's game plan and play calling, too.

Fitz is what he is, no one should expect more from him than he has shown this season.

The sooner people realize this the better.

Now Chan might be a different story if you bought into the whole "offensive genius", "Jerrah says firing him was his biggest mistake" thing.

Stache falls into that category as well.

I did not expect more from Gailey but I must admit I did not expect Stache to suck anywhere near this much.

Like I posted in another thread. The Stache DOES NOT deserve to be fired. After the first half of the Patriots game, you probably said to yourself, wow, we only held the Pats to 7 points. And we forced a few three and outs. The Pats made the adjustments at half time and we didn't and that's what it comes down to.

Did he do a poor job on the whole? No question about it. But he does not need to be fired after 4 games???? That's just over reacting.

If the front 4 doesn't get pressure then you see the results of what happens.

Why isn't Mario Williams being lambasted? I was never big on that signing. And he has been the most quiet DL of the Bills starting four.

Also why isn't the players being blamed. The blown communication, the poor coverage. Do not lay it all at the doorstep of the stache. Not based on on half of football against the best QB our Bills have faced during the 2000s.

That plan worked for the pats* yesterday.

Fitz is what he is, no one should expect more from him than he has shown this season.

The sooner people realize this the better.

Now Chan might be a different story if you bought into the whole "offensive genius", "Jerrah says firing him was his biggest mistake" thing.

Stache falls into that category as well.

I did not expect more from Gailey but I must admit I did not expect Stache to suck anywhere near this much.

Apparently, Chan Gailey thinks Fitz is Drew Brees / Tom Brady at QB, and that he has a great receiving corps instead of only just one good WR for his 5 WR sets

Stache either really sucks hard or he is trying to tank the defense so he gets Gailey fired, and can take over as head coach. Either way its looking like inept George Edwards was the better DC,who did more with less. Stache needs to go!

Stache either really sucks hard or he is trying to tank the defense so he gets Gailey fired, and can take over as head coach. Either way its looking like inept George Edwards was the better DC,who did more with less. Stache needs to go!

i can't believe this. That would get Stache fired way before Gailey. Whatever Stache is doing, there is no way he is tanking on purpose.

Like I posted in another thread. The Stache DOES NOT deserve to be fired. After the first half of the Patriots game, you probably said to yourself, wow, we only held the Pats to 7 points. And we forced a few three and outs. The Pats made the adjustments at half time and we didn't and that's what it comes down to.

Did he do a poor job on the whole? No question about it. But he does not need to be fired after 4 games???? That's just over reacting.

If the front 4 doesn't get pressure then you see the results of what happens.

Why isn't Mario Williams being lambasted? I was never big on that signing. And he has been the most quiet DL of the Bills starting four.

Also why isn't the players being blamed. The blown communication, the poor coverage. Do not lay it all at the doorstep of the stache. Not based on on half of football against the best QB our Bills have faced during the 2000s.

Moorman was fired after 3 games.

The better coaches in the league make adjustments.

That was the problem with Gailey and the Bills last year. Brilliant execution of the installed game plan in the first half of games. However, post-half once the oppossing team had tape and adjusted, it went down hill quite fast.

I don't want coaches to get fired at 2-2 but as a matter of course, they have to to tweak game plans at halftime. What is killing the BIlls is predictability.