Real Refs to return this weekend

Wayne Cubed

You KNEW the real refs were coming back the week we played New England.

The "cant breathe on Brady" rule will be back and in full effect!

lmao.

the reason we havent been able to "breathe on brady" is because our defense has been terrible.

giants won two superbowls against the patsies by putting him on his ass.

dont hate the refs, hate our former defensive front.

we'll kill the pats this week, replacement refs, real refs, madden refs, no refs.

the pats have-no offensive line, no defense, and aside from lee evans dropping the game winning td last year, and cundiff shanking that kick, havent beaten a team with a winning record since 2010.

the. pats. suck.

bills 34, pats 13.

Very nice post.

How about the detroit flip a coin mixup? F espn, nfl network for blaming these replacement refs.

So I take it that you enjoy having a lot of PI (pass interference) calls favoring Brady all the time huh?

Screw the old refs.

I'll take some weird mistakes here and there over them favoring powerhouse teams all the time.

Case in point. Seahawks vs Packers

Seahawks penalized 14 times for 118 yards

Packers 10 times for 127 yards

Very fair if you ask me.

The call at the end was not right. I get that. But I prefer one unfair call vs almost all the calls favoring the good teams.

just because they got the same number of penalties assessed doesnt mean it was a fairly called game.

worst argument yet.

You're living in fantasy land if you think the replacements did not get more scrutiny than regular refs get.

Of course they did. They also made a heck of a lot more mistakes. Naturally that situation turns into an avalanche if criticism.

Did you just not read the board on Mondays though? Regular refs got it pretty rough - hence y'all think anybody could do the job.

The regulars will get it tough to going forward. Your crazy if you think they somehow won't face critique.

They are better at the job though.

The regulars will get it tough to going forward. Your crazy if you think they somehow won't face critique.

They will not be picked apart nearly to the degree that the replacements are. Regular Refs have blown calls that decided games and there isn't nearly the avalanche of criticism. My contention is that the regular refs should be held to much higher standards.

They will not be picked apart nearly to the degree that the replacements are. Regular Refs have blown calls that decided games and there isn't nearly the avalanche of criticism. My contention is that the regular refs should be held to much higher standards.

Hit mute and watch the game with fezmid. Have a ball.

By reading the comments on the officiating, I have a much better idea of who actually understands what they're seeing when they watch a football game and who doesn't.

As far as the regular officials calling Sunday's Cheatriots***- Bills game, in the two games last year, the Bills had a total of 14 penalties for 122 yards while the Cheatriots*** had 12 penalties for 170 yards.

You're living in fantasy land if you think the replacements did not get more scrutiny than regular refs get.

I hope the real refs get as much scrutiny as the replacement refs especially from the media.

If you understood how the media works, you'd know that they will be more than eager to highlight the shortcomings of the regular officials.

That said, this episode of the worst officiating in NFL history is behind us now so there will be fewer epically blown calls to highlight.

Whenever they're back I expect the greater scrutiny on officiating will highlight a bunch of blown calls on their part and have people asking "so this is what all the fuss was about ?"

Yes. The scrutiny will be at least the same but the officiating will be much better.

According to Peter King of SI, Hochuli has been running regular testing and training sessions even during the lockout.

http://sportsillustr.../referees-deal/

He has time to organize testing and training between his workouts?

That dude is amazing.

Casserly on NFL network says they expect to have a crew ready for thursday night football. Very good news!

Not for Bills fans. That noise you'll hear on Sunday at 1 pm is the avalanche of pro patriot favoritism that will be on full display. The Bills will need to beat two teams, the Pats and the refs.

Not for Bills fans. That noise you'll hear on Sunday at 1 pm is the avalanche of pro patriot favoritism that will be on full display. The Bills will need to beat two teams, the Pats and the refs.

Again, as far as the regular officials calling Sunday's Cheatriots***- Bills game, in the two games last year, the Bills had a total of 14 penalties for 122 yards while the Cheatriots*** had 12 penalties for 170 yards.

It seems like a bunch of folk here are real paranoid about the Bills getting screwed by the officials when we play this weekend.

But I don't think there's much basis to it.

If anything, Bob Kraft, as one of the most influential owners was probably very much for locking out the officials while Ralph Wilson is no longer involved in league affairs… so this would favor the Bills.

But if y'all wanna be paranoid…

So no more punching Mario in the face, Championship!

Did you forget who they are playing Sunday? Not only will they get away with punching, let's not forget intent to injure, retaining possession of a ball while laying next to it unconscious, cheap shots all over the field and I'm sure new violations we'll get to see on Sunday.

The "we're screwed because the regular refs are back" is laughable. Get your heads out of the sand, and realize that the Pats have been GREAT for the past decade, and the Bills have SUCKED. Therefore, the Pats have won all but one game in the series over that period.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Now carry on with the conspiracy theories.

Think we all invest a great deal of time in following NFL and our favorite teams. It a reality we going to have controversy during season regarding call made by officials, this in and of itself frustrating and maddening, I relieved at least the best available will be effecting this.

I posted before that we should cheer the scab refs when they throw flags at the Putz. Might the regular clowns appreciate that as well?

I'm hoping, as I said before, that they remember Kraft was behind their lockout and stop favoring the Putrids :pray: where's a praying emoticon when you need one! 0:)

Didn't we beat the Pats* at home last year with the regular refs?

Yes but we also had 2 healthy starting RB's.

Replacement refs or not, the Pats have had a record numner of penalties. You can't tell me that they are all bogus. No favoritism

Through three weeks, the Patriots have been flagged for 21 penalties (15th in the league) for a total of 163 yards (20th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of the calls that have gone against the Patriots this year, not including penalties that were declined or offset: (SEE LINK)

Notes: The Patriots were called for 10 penalties in Sunday’s loss to the Ravens. The last time they were flagged at least 10 times was Nov. 14, 2010 in a win over the Steelers in Pittsburgh. … In the wake of Sunday’s game, New England jumped from 24th in the league in total penalties against to 15th. In addition, the Patriots went from 28th in total penalty yardage lost to 20th. … Interesting that after being flagged for eight penalties in the preseason, the New England offensive line has only been hit with one penalty in three regular-season games

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2012/09/25/following-the-flags-tracking-patriots-penalties-for-2012-season/

The "we're screwed because the regular refs are back" is laughable. Get your heads out of the sand, and realize that the Pats have been GREAT for the past decade, and the Bills have SUCKED. Therefore, the Pats have won all but

one game in the series over that period.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Now carry on with the conspiracy theories.

LB, wouldn't you agree that good teams at the very least get the benefit of the doubt more so than bad teams. Like if Gronkowski is attempting to land two feet in bounds as opposed to Chandler, the refs would be more apt to assume Gronk did get them in and Chandler didn't. While I'm not certain there is an overt conspiracy that the refs help teams like the Pats, although I could easily be convinced, I do think human intuition comes to play. When good players are making good plays on good teams, they get the benefit of the doubt. When crappy players from crappy teams are makin crappy plays, the refs assume they suck an couldn't possibly have made that play.

New appreciation: Replacement refs provide a glimpse into how good actual NFL officials are

But like the resilient people who manage classrooms, the guys who manage NFL games are up late every night getting ready to supervise a rowdy bunch of younger people under difficult circumstances. The NFL officials will be back at work less than 24 hours after a deal was reached because Hochuli spent the lockout holding conference calls, giving quizzes on game situations, and cutting game film for his fellow referees. The lockout could have gone on for months, but Hochuli and company kept to their mantra: prepare, prepare, prepare.

Again, as far as the regular officials calling Sunday's Cheatriots***- Bills game, in the two games last year, the Bills had a total of 14 penalties for 122 yards while the Cheatriots*** had 12 penalties for 170 yards.

It seems like a bunch of folk here are real paranoid about the Bills getting screwed by the officials when we play this weekend.

But I don't think there's much basis to it.

If anything, Bob Kraft, as one of the most influential owners was probably very much for locking out the officials while Ralph Wilson is no longer involved in league affairs… so this would favor the Bills.

But if y'all wanna be paranoid…

Seriously these comments are almost embarrassing. We were screwed at their place in 1998 and our place in 2001. But there have been twenty games between the teams since then where officiating hasn't really been an issue. If anything we got some breaks last yr with the roughing on Fitz in the endzone and the PI on an int in the other endzone.

You can't overlook how the Pats have struggled so far with the replacement refs.

Part of it is because they are getting calls (that we all assumed the regular refs overlooked) another onlther being a "faulty"(?) O Line.

3 games and only 4 TD passes from his holiness Tom Brady!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

LB, wouldn't you agree that good teams at the very least get the benefit of the doubt more so than bad teams. Like if Gronkowski is attempting to land two feet in bounds as opposed to Chandler, the refs would be more apt to assume Gronk did get them in and Chandler didn't. While I'm not certain there is an overt conspiracy that the refs help teams like the Pats, although I could easily be convinced, I do think human intuition comes to play. When good players are making good plays on good teams, they get the benefit of the doubt. When crappy players from crappy teams are makin crappy plays, the refs assume they suck an couldn't possibly have made that play.

Over the long haul all calls even out. I can't say I've studied the games enough to conclude that the better teams get the benefit of the doubt.

Im glad the Real Refs are back but they will be calling things that the Replacements wont.

Expect to see less scrappyness on the field, the real refs will throw those flags, I thought pushing and fights this season got way out of hand.

Expect to see holding called more because the real refs have a better eye for it.

I was kinda hoping to see the replacements for one more week. I was hoping to see some shots on Brady that were not flagged but oh well.