Belicheat avoids suspension, gets $50K fine

Griz

I didn't see what the big deal was, the ref was running away from him and he grabbed his arm to get his attention. From all the talk you'd think he tackled the guy.

Edit: Tweet from James Walker claims there's a fine looming for Belichek

Edited by Carey Bender

I didn't see what the big deal was, the ref was running away from him and he grabbed his arm to get his attention. From all the talk you'd think he tackled the guy.

Agreed. He barely touched him and only grabbed his arm a bit to get his attention. It's not like he assaulted him. I thought all week that those expecting a suspension were a bit too far into the wishful thinking.

Coaches and Players were warned multiple times NOT to confront the Refs. He confronted the Ref.

the suspension stuff is all for fun.

well I would hope so.

the standard has to be grabbing the ref no matter how lightly he did it. you dont want to have to be interpreting contact in that situation. grab of any kind = fine

fifty k seems about right. has to be more than players twenty four k since the coach should know better so fair fine imo

I swallowed what uncle Roger asked me to swallow. Oh, I swallowed my Pride too.

The big deal is that players and coaches are very specifically barred from ever touching an official, for any reason. It is the same in every sport. His reason does not matter. If it was a player, or probably if it was another coach, he would be sitting for at least 1 week and maybe more.

The big deal is that players and coaches are very specifically barred from ever touching an official, for any reason. It is the same in every sport. His reason does not matter. If it was a player, or probably if it was another coach, he would be sitting for at least 1 week and maybe more.

No they wouldnt.