Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a real shame that the best punter we ever saw was stuck on those teams. I guess that's what it takes for a punter to get to his cult hero status.

so true...

however, maybe moorman was the problem this whole time....i mean he is one of the few common denominators over the past decade (along with Ralph and King Russ)

I have been banging this drum since they hired him. He is no Bobby April that's for sure!

Dude seriously !@#$ Bobby April. Every Special teams coach gets one guy to be his pure special teamer, April had 20 which is why we had no back up recievers, linebackers, or DBs that could you know play defense. As a result we had to IR Poz every third week to sign Chris Draft so we could field a defense. I hated April, a few nice returns wont change my mind

Dude seriously !@#$ Bobby April. Every Special teams coach gets one guy to be his pure special teamer, April had 20 which is why we had no back up recievers, linebackers, or DBs that could you know play defense. As a result we had to IR Poz every third week to sign Chris Draft so we could field a defense. I hated April, a few nice returns wont change my mind

This. I remember the big talk around the league was that the Bills were "smart enough" to use starters on ST. Smart enough until our starters started dropping like flies. Then we stopped that, and April's Special Teams werent so special anymore.

A few numbers from last year: Moorman was 18th in total punts, 21st in net yardage, 5th in gross, 24th in inside the 20, 30th in fair catches, and had the most touchbacks. He was tied with a lot for having 1 punt blocked.

pretty poor numbers I'm afraid.....

Business is business. Chan knows it is all about winning this year. He and the rest of the coaches must feel like Moorman is done or they have something better.

It sends a clear message to the rest of the guys too - if you do not perform, you will not be here. Sucks but when you are making that much money, there is not too much room for keeping someone because they are 'a great guy'.

This. I remember the big talk around the league was that the Bills were "smart enough" to use starters on ST. Smart enough until our starters started dropping like flies. Then we stopped that, and April's Special Teams werent so special anymore.

And yet he was a 2 time st coach of the year. The Bills special teams routinely ranked in the top 5 while he was there - and they were punting/kicking a lot. You both can't seriously be blaming the injury issue on the use of starters on st are you? Poz wasn't hurt on st he was hurt playing d. Team depth is also his fault?! Wow.

Here was Gailey's quote after the game talking about McLovin returning punts:

]On if teams might start kicking the ball out-of-bounds on punts:[/b]

They might. If they do then they might get one of those 32-yarders that really helps field position. That would be good.

http://www.buffalobi...ec-7f43a05f3eb3

Seems like bad punts were something on his mind.

understandable. Moorman has been awful so far, and he is getting long in the tooth.

Surprising yes, but I don't think the Bills wanted to lose Powell knowing Moormans days were numbered. yes there will leb some growing pains with Powell, but he has the ability.

And yet he was a 2 time st coach of the year. The Bills special teams routinely ranked in the top 5 while he was there - and they were punting/kicking a lot. You both can't seriously be blaming the injury issue on the use of starters on st are you? Poz wasn't hurt on st he was hurt playing d. Team depth is also his fault?! Wow.

How many games did that win us? 1 maybe two games won by our special teams in his tenure?

Can you honestly tell me that John Wendling, Digorgio, Jenkins, could ever line up and play defense? or offense for that matter. Whenever we had a starter go down, we had to IR him because our backups were pure special teamers. I blame that on Bobby April being the assnt head coach and having too much a say on personal.