Boycott

The game last night was a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. I will not watch NFL Network, and I am considering not watching the game on Sunday, although it will be very difficult.

I just signed a petition on change.org, I'm looking for an email address for Roger Goodell, will post if I can find it. If last night's game made you angry, I recommend you let the league know at the very least.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it was the right call

I disagree. From the NFL rulebook:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

I disagree. From the NFL rulebook:

I think it was the wrong call, but at WORST, it's a borderline judgement call the real refs would also get wrong plenty of times. There's been some horrific calls by these refs in the first 3 weeks; things that look like they're on acid trips having hallucinations. The replacements deserve the ridicule, but not for this play.

I think it was the wrong call, but at WORST, it's a borderline judgement call the real refs would also get wrong plenty of times. There's been some horrific calls by these refs in the first 3 weeks; things that look like they're on acid trips having hallucinations. The replacements deserve the ridicule, but not for this play.

Please....It was the last and most pathetic call of a disgraceful series of blown calls. They are making this game a joke.

Get out of here. Simultaneous possession goes to the offense. Pass interference is non reviewable. Stop falling inline with the taking heads who are upset "the good teams" aren't at the top. Normally the rest of the league suffers for the "good refs" making calls that screw everybody for the select elite.

You will not watch this Sunday game because of this call? Ha! Good luck with that. I think you will be on your own on that one. I can careless how bad they called that game. I will be glued to the tv to support my team. Not the refs!

Now that's the worse call I've ever heard! We should boycott you for saying that!!! :)

You will not watch this Sunday game because of this call? Ha! Good luck with that. I think you will be on your own on that one. I can careless how bad they called that game. I will be glued to the tv to support my team. Not the refs!

Now that's the worse call I've ever heard! We should boycott you for saying that!!! :)

Well then good luck investing your time in a league that doesn't give a !@#$ about you or it's players.

Well then good luck investing your time in a league that doesn't give a !@#$ about you or it's players.

You're just realizing the league doesn't care about the fans? Wow! I watch the games because I love football and love playing fantasy football. When the regular refs come back you will hear the same complaints about bad calls.

Get out of here. Simultaneous possession goes to the offense. Pass interference is non reviewable. Stop falling inline with the taking heads who are upset "the good teams" aren't at the top. Normally the rest of the league suffers for the "good refs" making calls that screw everybody for the select elite.

That wasn't even close to simultaneous possession. Clearly an INT with the DB in control of the ball and clutched to his chest. The ref who signaled touchback knew it, too.

GO BILLS!!!

That was the 2nd worst call I have seen all season. The first was the ref throwing his hat on the field for no reason haha.

But honestly, as a whole, I like the replacement refs better. 1) They let the WRs/DBs play more physical like they used to before all these BS rule changes and 2) The real refs are equally terrible. At least these refs have the excuse of being replacements as to why they suck so terribly.

Seriously, you guys don't think the Pats have had 10 calls like that go their way over the past few seasons? There were more than a few - just totally awful awful calls - in that Ravens game when they went 16-0* Randy Moss caught half his touchdowns with the Pat*s by throwing the other teams DB to the ground before jumping up for the ball - and it wasn't called once. Yet every other receiver in the league was getting penalized for that and wasn't doing it. What about when the refs got the coin toss call wrong in overtime with Jerome Bettis and the Steelers? Stevie Johnsons catch that wasn't v the Bengals last year. And lets not even bring up the 'tuck' rule

I also think people are more likely to criticize the calls because they know its the replacement refs. I have never heard complaints like this on TV or by players when the real refs are out there, even though the calls are just as bad.

Edited by peterpan

I agree the refs blew it on the last play..... I feel bad for anyone who lost their fantasy matchup on that call....

Now why did the NFL intiate instant replay for the refs 20 yrs ago, because the "good refs" suck too.....

Everyone should boycott listening to these announcers..

Tirico, Gruden, Collinsworth, Michaels.. Tell us something we don't know... They are terrible....

Hopefully, they will magnify every holding call, every PI, every ball spot when the "old refs' comeback...

i dont think it was a disgrace. i think it was the right call

dont even know how that post got underlined, which just shows that the universe thinks it was the right call too

I think it was the wrong call, but it's a borderline call. It was an issue that both refs there called it differently, and there was a delay in making the ruling on the field before review.

Once the ruling on the field is made, there's a higher bar to overturn.

The real missed call on that play was very blatant offensive pass interference.