Boycott

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, but that's fairly normal for hail mary plays. Kind of like holding penalties. You can call them pretty much whenever.

Sure a little contact, but in hockey that would have been a 5 minute major for checking from behind. That was brutal.

Get out of here. Simultaneous possession goes to the offense. Pass interference is non reviewable. Stop falling inline with the taking heads who are upset "the good teams" aren't at the top. Normally the rest of the league suffers for the "good refs" making calls that screw everybody for the select elite.

You know I think your onto something here. The real refs make bad calls all the time to but they always seem to favor the good teams or the popular franchises(NE/Pitts/Dallas/Green bay etc...). The regular refs could of just as easily made the same call last night. What is crazy is this type can not be reviewed hence that is my guess why the call was not changed when it went upstairs to the booth. If anybody watched the end of the NE/Arizona game noway that the regular refs call the holding penalty on Gronk that led to the go ahead TD. It was a borderline holding call but kudos to the ref that made that call. I thought Tricho & Gruden last night were pretty hard on the refs. I mean there were alot of flags but some of the calls especially against Seatle were blatant penalties but Gruden was still criticizing them. Some of the pass interference call were bad, especially the last one, but that is nothing new. The regular refs call some pretty bad interference penalties also when they should just leave their flag in their pocket.

Well then good luck investing your time in a league that doesn't give a !@#$ about you or it's players.

You just figured that out now????? The only thing the NFL cares about is printing their own money. It is still fun to watch & gamble on the games though.

You know I think your onto something here. The real refs make bad calls all the time to but they always seem to favor the good teams or the popular franchises(NE/Pitts/Dallas/Green bay etc...). The regular refs could of just as easily made the same call last night. What is crazy is this type can not be reviewed hence that is my guess why the call was not changed when it went upstairs to the booth. If anybody watched the end of the NE/Arizona game noway that the regular refs call the holding penalty on Gronk that led to the go ahead TD. It was a borderline holding call but kudos to the ref that made that call. I thought Tricho & Gruden last night were pretty hard on the refs. I mean there were alot of flags but some of the calls especially against Seatle were blatant penalties but Gruden was still criticizing them. Some of the pass interference call were bad, especially the last one, but that is nothing new. The regular refs call some pretty bad interference penalties also when they should just leave their flag in their pocket.

You just figured that out now????? The only thing the NFL cares about is printing their own money. It is still fun to watch & gamble on the games though.

why is it kudos for making a borderline call on gronk? because you dont like the patriots? or did you think thats what the call should have been if you strip the logo off the helmets?

I've made a decision that I am not going to allow my life to revolve around a game, to the point where I cant miss a game, even when the league pisses in my face and tell me it's raining. If folks here want to criticize me for that go ahead, it's not going to bother me.

First why would you letyour life revolve around a game anyways? Take football for what it is worth. A form of entertainment & a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon.

why is it kudos for making a borderline call on gronk? because you dont like the patriots? or did you think thats what the call should have been if you strip the logo off the helmets?

No, because it was the right call but due to the nature of a close game & the time of the game & that it was going to go against the Patriots it would of never gotten called by the regular refs. I give that replacement ref kudos for having the stones to throw the flag in that situation. Is that a good enough explanation for you?

First why would you letyour life revolve around a game anyways? Take football for what it is worth. A form of entertainment & a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon.

No, because it was the right call but due to the nature of a close game & the time of the game & that it was going to go against the Patriots it would of never gotten called by the regular refs. I give that replacement ref kudos for having the stones to throw the flag in that situation. Is that a good enough explanation for you?

just noting that you described it as borderline. id venture that borderline doesnt often get flagged in game changing plays for a reason. most want it to be a clear offense for the flag to come out in that situation - but its celebrated as teaching the pats a lesson, or them getting what they deserve by many.

was just making sure which side of the fence we were holding the discussion on.

I've made a decision that I am not going to allow my life to revolve around a game, to the point where I cant miss a game, even when the league pisses in my face and tell me it's raining. If folks here want to criticize me for that go ahead, it's not going to bother me.

To your point though, it's just a game and your life shouldn't revolve around it to the point where you feel like you need to engage in a boycott. Why not just watch what you want to watch and brush off the bad officating? It's your preorgative, of course, but a boycott seems extreme.

The ref who signaled touchback knew it, too.

GO BILLS!!!

He never signaled touchback. He signaled a stoppage in the clock. You see the same thing when someone runs out of bounds. The signal for a touchback is holding one arm straight out to your side and waving it up and down like an amputee duck.

Edited by sodbuster

He never signaled touchback. He signaled a stoppage in the clock. You see the same thing when someone runs out of bounds. The signal for a touchback is holding one arm straight out to your side and waving it up and down like an amputee duck.

Yes because the defender had the ball, otherwise he would have put his arms up for a touchdown.

Yes because the defender had the ball, otherwise he would have put his arms up for a touchdown.

They commonly do this when they are trying to determine the outcome of a close play. The first priority is the clock. Besides, I wouldn't expect that particular official, to make the call, because he was behind the play.

The game last night was a disgrace. I think a boycott is in order. I will not watch NFL Network, and I am considering not watching the game on Sunday, although it will be very difficult.

I just signed a petition on change.org, I'm looking for an email address for Roger Goodell, will post if I can find it. If last night's game made you angry, I recommend you let the league know at the very least.

What do you think you will achieve by not watching NFL Network or sunday's game on TV? The bottom line is the owner's are the ones holding up this deal. People are slamming Roger Goodell, but he cannot go into a room with the referee's union and say the deal is done without the owner's, who he works for, approving it first. The reality is, the owner's didn't even blink last night or any of the bad calls so far this season. Their view of the whole issue (not mine) is that the ratings are as high as ever, games are sold out, the TV deals are already signed, the season tickets are already sold, the private seat licenses are already sold, the luxury boxes are already sold, and on and on. These owners are business men, and bottom line is the almight dollar sign, and until that is affected, it wont be an urgent situation to them. They won't even know if you don't watch the game at home, much less give a crap. You might get their attention if you boycott the games at the stadium, and in big numbers, but who wants to do that when you already paid huge bucks for tickets?

Well then good luck investing your time in a league that doesn't give a !@#$ about you or it's players.

Newsflash!!!!!!!!!!!! That is nothing new at all, and absolutely not new since the replacement refs starting working the games. Where have you been?

While I appreciate the sentiment, let's be honest: you're wasting your time.

Remember that time when all the Lions fans were going to boycott their team by having the entire stadium walk out at the start of the third quarter?

Yeah, neither does anyone else.

You don't boycott the NFL because it's too big, it's too popular, and gosh darnit, people like it.