Revis with ACL Injury?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Nelson walk around on the sidelines before being put on IR? I thought I remembered seeing him walking around and thinking "Okay, good probably not too serious if he's walking around on it." We all know how that turned out.

Brady walked off when he tore his acl as well. As others have mentioned it is a very common thing to do.

From a different perspective, can you really fault guys for holding out and wanting to get their contracts redone? What if FJ hadn't redone his deal prior to the season and goes down in week 1 with a season ending knee injury. I know Revis already cashed in to some degree but even the Jets have stated his deal was meant to be reworked early. Now he will be renegotiating not as the best CB in the league but as a guy coming off an ACL tear. Yes surgery has gotten better and recovery is expected but still there are cases like LeCharles Bentley and others. Only the signing bonus is guaranteed in the NFL. I'm not saying the players are always right but you can see why they want to redo their deals before something catastrophic happens. It seems lately the guys that show up for OTA's and camp get rewarded and the one's like Jones-Drew and Deshaun Jackson don't. Of course Revis held out and got his contract a couple years ago.

By this same logic you can see why teams are hesitant to pay players - which is why there are the issues there are. Teams don't want to pay guys that are injured (fjax is a great example of this) or stop performing when they get paid (haynesworth, cj0k).

I blew out my acl playing soccer. I rolled around on the ground hurting. Then got up and I limped to my car. I am willing to bet revis is way tougher and with a higher pain threshold than me.

There is a physical exam that can confirm if the acl is compromised, but only the MRI can tell you for certain.

Brady walked off when he tore his acl as well. As others have mentioned it is a very common thing to do.

By this same logic you can see why teams are hesitant to pay players - which is why there are the issues there are. Teams don't want to pay guys that are injured (fjax is a great example of this) or stop performing when they get paid (haynesworth, cj0k).

Betwen the high profile holdouts, and the collective barganing that limits not only the amounts of hitting and padded practice but the overall numbers of pratices ,it's a wonder there arn't many more injuries. I believe that since the players have these limits in place for their safety and comfort there have been many more serious injuries during pre-season and the start of reg season then ever before

Just remember that there are many degrees of ACL injury, from small/minor tears to really severe or complete tears. They all hurt, but you're able to walk easier with small tears than, say, a complete tear.

Just remember that there are many degrees of ACL injury, from small/minor tears to really severe or complete tears. They all hurt, but you're able to walk easier with small tears than, say, a complete tear.

It's a complete tear per Rex Ryan. Probably won't be the same going forward.

Tough to say. Jets still have a solid defense. It is a huge blow to them though

We'll see how solid it is. Their entire D was predicated on Revis shutting down his side of the field. Revis was the single most important player on their team. I don't think you can overstate how much this hurts the Jets' chances.

Edited by MDH

If Maybin steps up his game to fill some of the void left by the loss of Revis, then maybe the Jets can still compete.

:D

I feel bad for Revis but I will laugh at the jets because of their loss

This. A thousand times this.

We'll see how solid it is. Their entire D was predicated on Revis shutting down his side of the field. Revis was the single most important player on their team. I don't think you can overstate how much this hurts the Jets' chances.

Yea, but they do have 10 other quality nfl starters, and some talent in the secondary. revis got help regularly too.

They should be a tough veteran group still, but losing an all pro anywhere is painful. I think many as a gut reaction will overstate this.