Revis with ACL Injury?

BRAWNDO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He walked off, so I don't think ACL. LCL...? Sprain?

walking minutes after an ACL injury is pretty common

I actually saw the play and his knee buckled with no contact when he tried to cut to attack a screen

It did not look good for him; he was definitely hurt

walking minutes after an ACL injury is pretty common

I actually saw the play and his knee buckled with no contact when he tried to cut to attack a screen

It did not look good for him; he was definitely hurt

Yeah, reading a bit more it certainly doesn't sound like a sprain:
The all-world cornerback attempted to avoid getting blocked on a play, made a cut and appeared to grab at his knee after the cut. Revis then stayed on the ground for quite some time, appearing to roll around and scream in pain.

Revis was taken in a cart to the locker room and it's not something we want to freak people out too much about, but those non-contact injuries are usually not good. CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reports that the Jets worry that his injury might be a torn ACL.

http://www.cbssports...left-leg-sunday

Really, some people walk on a blown ACL? I didn't know that. I'd heard the opposite and that was really the reason it didn't sound likely to me.

Edited by Matt in KC

Really, some people walk on a blown ACL? I didn't know that. I'd heard the opposite and that was really the reason it didn't sound likely to me.

I've seen a few firsthand and it always seems as if it really burns like a sumbitch for a minute or less and then you work it around a little and then you can walk on it relatively pain-free after the initial burn subsides.