Equipment Manager fired after 35 years?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon is a scumbag

You know this somehow?

Could it not be the case he was let go for cause and the Bills called it a retirement out of respect. Now, i dont know that to be the case cause i don't know the the facts yet, and neither do you. Wait for the suit to progress before making judgement based on one side of the story. Says right in the story he was being restricted on game days, not traveling with the team as much, maybe he was not getting the job done anymore.

Having said that, not making his effective date of termination allow him to be eligible for the insurance after 30 years sure sounds cold classless move, even if the guys performance was slipping.

Good lord, the knee jerk reactions around here are unbelievable. Have none of you actually existed in the real world? You read one piece based on an interview given by HoJo's attorney and automatically presume everything written is gospel? Christ.

Pretty much any personnel decision can be made to look cruel and heartless if told from the employee's perspective. Let's allow this to play out.

It's about time this came out. I know Hojo and knew something had to be brewing after he "retired", I had never heard all of the details though and was waiting for it all to blow up.

Well liked guy, did a really good job for the team for 35 years. Came up through the ranks and worked his ass off to get where he was.

Is dave's wife ill? Just wondering here. Fire somebody after 35 yrs?

No, not at all. I know the family really well and he's a great guy. I'm not really sure about the reasons for him being let go, but I do know that the family was not happy about it.

35 years! That's gotta be second only to Ralph on team longevity.

Sad to see a career that long with one company end with a firing..

On the surface I agree. Some employers do really crappy things to employees. It is hard to say in this particular situation though as we are only getting one side of the story. The Bills front office is not exactly a bunch of recent college grads especially since Buddy was the one who probably made the call in this situation.

Perhaps the Bills are guilty. If so, that is a very sad statement about an organization that yearns to have the respect of its fans.

My guess is that there is more to the story and they are not guilty.

If true, I hope he gets a nice settlement. It sounds like he just wanted a couple more years and get his medical insurance. PTR is right, it is next to impossible for a 54 yr old guy who's been at the same place since he was 19 to get another job.

We don't know so if he wins in court, he had some proof.

So, this guy was so upset that he was so obviously fired for discriminatory reasons that he took 7 months to file a suit? I'm not buying it. Seems to me to be another lawsuit happy person trying to get free money any way they can.

Edited by Mark80